Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2178
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yardbarker: 2019 NBA mock draft 2.0
    Posted 57 minutes ago | By Pat Heery
    [AKA 3 May 2019]
    I threw up a lil when I read the nba comp is patty, has spurs written all over it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally I hope we address the SF position with one of the picks, no doubt the other pick will be a stashed player though lol I hope not, but as is are roster is almost full unless we trade some guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. If the Spurs draft Smart it will be a sign of the apocalypse - or at least a sign that Pop has completely changed. He's not... you know... smart. And I'm not sure the Spurs need another slasher with Murray on the roster. But damn he's quick and crafty with the ball. Also, he got a clean bill of health from the FBI investigation, but I get the idea that they were really just after the coach. But put him on the right team, and he'll put up some numbers.

Jerome is like the other side of the coin. He seems like "Spurs material", but he's also slow and pretty unathletic. (Maybe that's what "Spurs material" really is? ) He's also something like 6'5" with a 6'2" wingspan. I think he's a good kid that's really going to struggle at the NBA level - but we'd all be pulling for him.

Of the two, I like Smart's athleticism and quickness.
    Smart reminds me of tim hardaway or isiah thomas with the way he toys with the rock. As or Ty Jerome, he seems to do a great job of anticipation on D, as well as filling the passing lanes. On offense, he had nice handles, is a very nice passer, and has steph curry range beyond the arc. He seems to be a tough minded guy and coachable. He may lack elite athleticism, but he plays hard, plays smart, is a great teammate and leader, has a high BBIQ, and overacheves.....he gets th max out of his gifts.
    Last edited by Biggems; 05-06-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft is more fluid than most, there are just so many players all over the place on mock drafts/top prospects boards. I think an organization's scouting is even more important in NBA with the international players, trying to project development of 18 yo guys, and the quality of compe ion being so different for each player.

Should make for fun draft and exciting to have two picks in 1st. I saw one mock with Rui at 19 and Louis King at 29. I think that would be a pretty good night for Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice article on fanside has us mocked taking Rui with first and noting it may also be Washington, Clarke, or Sekou. Our second first they have us mocked with SF Louis King with possibilities of Cameron, Thybulle, or Tucker. The second round they have us picking Admiral Schofield or Carson Edward or Luka Samanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be fine with that draft ^^^

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice article on fanside has us mocked taking Rui with first and noting it may also be Washington, Clarke, or Sekou. Our second first they have us mocked with SF Louis King with possibilities of Cameron, Thybulle, or Tucker. The second round they have us picking Admiral Schofield or Carson Edward or Luka Samanic.
    Fansided: Air Alamo: San Antonio Spurs 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Version 1.0
    by Dylan Carter 8 hours ago [AKA 7 May 2019]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amico Hoops: 2019 Mock Draft: Seventh installment, via lottery simulator
    Sam Amico
    May 7, 2019

19. San Antonio Spurs: Bol Bol, C, Oregon

29. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto): Luka Samanic, PF Slovenia

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring an unexpected fall, a la Murray and Walker, I still think they'll look to package the picks, possibly with Forbes, to move up.

King is interesting though. Long, athletic, projectable 3 and D type, but supposedly has at ude and maturity questions. Even if they'd otherwise pick him, I'm sure they'll pass if they find that to be true . . . let's just hope Bitanze is gone by 19. I don't even want them to have the chance to be tempted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No kidding? It seems like the Spurs are looking for a backup PG. I would have killed to have someone like Pickett on the roster this year, just to keep the offense flowing. I'm sure they aren't looking at him at 19 - at least I don't think so. But if they get their guy with 19, I think Pickett would be a pretty reasonable pick with 29.

I keep saying that there are a lot of guys that I think will go high in the second round. You don't really want to spend a first-rounder on them, but they aren't going to make it down to 49. Picket is one of those. His numbers were actually impressive enough that he might be a legit sleeper. He probably needs a year in the G-League, but in a pinch I think he could front the second unit.

Mostly I'm just pleased to know that the Spurs are working out PG's. Maybe it's a sign that the Patty Mills nightmare can finally end. I doubt it, but I can still hope.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo they are working out PGs for the second round pick and the G League team but i agree i Will be happy to have a real PG on This team.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 05-07-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guy I know says Nebraska’s Isaiah Roby (a guy I talked about a few days ago) worked out with the Spurs as a wing and shot the ball really well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know anything about Bol Bol?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we’re not drafting him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guy I know says Nebraska’s Isaiah Roby (a guy I talked about a few days ago) worked out with the Spurs as a wing and shot the ball really well.
    He may be able to play the 3 in the NBA and at 6'8 with a 7'3 wingspan, he can scale up to the 4. Looks athletic too.

His shooting seems to be a potiential issue but if he shot it well at the work out then he may be drafted at 29. Defensively, he seems to be very effective, he averaged 1.3 steals and 1.9 blocks along with 7 rebounds in 32 mpg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, I think that the best and most realistic option is PJ Washington or Rui at 19 and Roby at 29, though I actually did like what I saw from King too.

Really surprised that Clarke is consistently mocked ahead of Washington, Washington looks more skilled, bigger, longer, and 2 years younger with a chance to be a stretch 4 that can also score effectively in the post. Clarke is very athletic , defend and can finish but is almost 23 and may not even be 6'8.

Roby would project as a 3, if he can shoot and Washington as a 4, maybe bring Milutinov over and call it an off-season unless they move someone in the off season (Beli?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs don't usually work out (or sometimes even interview) the guys they target in the draft.

It's hard to read the tea leaves with them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, I think that the best and most realistic option is PJ Washington or Rui at 19 and Roby at 29, though I actually did like what I saw from King too.

Really surprised that Clarke is consistently mocked ahead of Washington, Washington looks more skilled, bigger, longer, and 2 years younger with a chance to be a stretch 4 that can also score effectively in the post. Clarke is very athletic , defend and can finish but is almost 23 and may not even be 6'8.

Roby would project as a 3, if he can shoot and Washington as a 4, maybe bring Milutinov over and call it an off-season unless they move someone in the off season (Beli?)
    19- Jalen mcdaniels SF SDSU
    29- Isaiah Roby SF Nebraska
    49- Terrance Mann SG Florida St

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't looked at McDaniels yet, but it probably doesn't make sense to take 2 SFs unless one is a 3/4. DeRozan is the starting 3 for the duration his time here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't McDaniels withdraw his name from this year draft?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another guy climbing into first round is Mfiondo Kabengele 6’10 PF big athletic guy who can also hit the 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: Fandom 250: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: When trades enter the equation
    by Brendon Kleen 6 hours ago [AKA 9 May 2019]

Bruno Fernando
    C, Maryland
    Maryland

The last piece from the Kawhi Leonard trade is used on a smart, modern big man who would give the Spurs another option down low with Jakob Poeltl after LaMarcus Aldridge is gone.
    Talen Horton-Tucker
    F, Iowa State
    Iowa State

Another smart, athletic player heads to San Antonio as the Spurs slowly rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders:
    Mock Drafts
    2019 NBA Consensus Mock Draft – Ver 2.0
    Each week, four of Basketball Insiders’ experts take a look at the draft class and weigh in on what they are seeing and hearing in the march up to the 2019 NBA Draft.
    Basketball Insiders
    Published 2 hours ago
    on May 9, 2019
    By Basketball Insiders

Drew Maresca
    19. Talen Horton-Tucker SF|Iowa State
    29. Keldon Johnson SG/SF|Kentucky

Jesse Blancarte
    19. Bruno Fernando C|Maryland
    29. Grant Williams PF|Tennessee

Spencer Davies
    19. Cameron Johnson SF|North Carolina