Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to bust a myth too: a bunch of young players watching DeRozan have the worst body language on the team, emphasize offense over defense, play hero ball in late 4th quarter scenarios, and have a decade's worth of terrible advanced stats that incredibly get even worse come playoff time are not going to "develop" faster.
    This guy gets it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl proves he really is nothing more than a backup center. Spurs need to focus on a gaggle of bouncy players to run the front court like they have the back court and use DDR,LMA, Gay and Murray to get those players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately for tank commanders, this team does not look like it will be getting a high lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to bust a myth too: a bunch of young players watching DeRozan have the worst body language on the team, emphasize offense over defense, play hero ball in late 4th quarter scenarios, and have a decade's worth of terrible advanced stats that incredibly get even worse come playoff time are not going to "develop" faster.
    I don’t get it when 3 games ago Demar won the game with almost a triple double, and people complains he plays hero ball in the 4th. That’s the plan. Get everybody involved but take over in the 4th, except they didn’t fall. Demar I think has changed his game much for the team. The guy has been shooting 3’s. It’s the lack of rebounding and zero points fron our bigs that lost us the game. But with Demar, I like what he’s become. Just continue hitting the 3’s when it’s given, continue the growth for the young guns, find a mobile big. Spurs are back on the hunt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the most important thing this year is development-- a theory I actually agree with-- than why are DeRozan & Eubanks getting a combined 61 minutes while Vassell gets zero? What's getting developed there?
    I still think the goal is to win games and probably Pop thinks the same way (even if he makes some bad decisions)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, in some way I agree with this. I think maybe there's a chance there for him to be a 3rd option but unlikely.
    this would be EASILY the best 3rd option on any team in the league (taking into account the very few teams that have two better offensive players than him)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deadz, what up my man?

Hope 2020 wasn't too bad for you.

Lmk when you're back in LA, got a free helicopter ride coupon for you, good for the whole fam
    Expires on January 26th tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're being sat in favor of Ewwwbanks then you're probably not very good.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s probably some overreaction going on here against Jak. I’m not saying he is playing well lately, but historically he has been good for team success. And I feel his strength seems to be in facilitating the pick and roll—I haven’t watched closely the last few games, but is that even happening yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl proves he really is nothing more than a backup center. Spurs need to focus on a gaggle of bouncy players to run the front court like they have the back court and use DDR,LMA, Gay and Murray to get those players.
    This 100%

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We would've won, if we had a decent big out there........that Horton Tucker has one thing in common with Lebum, they both love to complain to the refs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The entire lakers team feels en led to cry like Lebron does, its basically a meeting of 3 gold jerseys+ref after every single whistle.

Jak, like any center that isn't Jokic/KAT or some other All NBA level talent, needs to defend the rim, hit shots in the paint, and be a force on the boards either getting them himself or clearing out bigs so our guards can grab easy boards and push the pace in transition. Of those things- he needs to use his body and be more aware of incoming bigs crashing boards, several times he missed box outs and gave up an offensive rebound thinking he could just grab the ball without fighting for it. He's also still suffering from the same bull splitter did finishing in traffic, hard to watch at times.

That being said, for being an already thin rotation in the front court and missing LA- Eubanks and Jak did, adequately against the best and biggest frontcourt in the game. Eubanks rushed some bunnies and looked scared offensively, but his energy on defense was welcome and his athleticism and ability to move his feet on the perimeter is pretty decent.

Thread Information