Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got to love the differences between Spurs/Mavs FO

YAY Spurs saved money trading George Hill whose going to be an all star caliber player now that he's going to be major minutes

YAY SPURS ARE SAVING MONEY!!! so great to be a Spurs fan
    Last edited by Basketball Power; 06-24-2011 at 10:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs needed a wing player cause Butler's a free agent, coming off a knee injury and Peja Stojakovic was a stopgap. 07 Spurs did do something, they made a midseason trade, Francisco Elson for Kurt Thomas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I foresee a "Can't Start Threads" le under someone's screen name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs needed a wing player cause Butler's a free agent, coming off a knee injury and Peja Stojakovic was a stopgap. 07 Spurs did do something, they made a midseason trade, Francisco Elson for Kurt Thomas.
    Kurt Thomas = Rudy Fernandaz in value?

give me a break, and Pop barely played Thomas that 08 post season run anyway

and the Mavs won the le WITHOUT Butler, so by adding Rudy they are getting stronger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Business First. we got 4 rings. Time to run a business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Business First. we got 4 rings. Time to run a business.
    when you're 70 you're going to be saying the same thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when you're 70 you're going to be saying the same thing
    pretty much. get used to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep acting like Rudy Fernandez was a big acquisition? He is just as big of a mental midget as Matt Bonner in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

YAY Spurs saved money trading George Hill whose going to be an all star caliber player now that he's going to be major minutes

Hill is going to be a backup in Indiana for Darren Collison, just like he was here. Minutes likely wont increase that much tbh.

Spurs also picked up a very promising SF (best SF in the draft) who can rebound and play D, a replacement for Hill (Cory Joseph), and some intriguing international prospects, including a guy who some saw as the best pure shooter in the draft (Bertans).

But I guess getting Rudy Fernandez (who's not even a good pickup) and not drafting anybody is better than that, right?

Spurs still have time to make moves in FA and through more trades. Stop whining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol "all-star caliber player"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kurt Thomas = Rudy Fernandaz in value?

give me a break, and Pop barely played Thomas that 08 post season run anyway

and the Mavs won the le WITHOUT Butler, so by adding Rudy they are getting stronger
    And he became a part for getting RJ.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit being such a whiny dude. You were complaining about size last season, and the Spurs have sacrificed Hill to bring much needed size AND athleticism at a position the Spurs really needed it. Now you are ing about giving up Hill for it?

Leonard can be a huge mismatch problem especially considering he can play with his back to the basket. When was Hill ever a mismatch issue? He was an average PG, and and undersized SG. If he blossoms in Indiana, good for him. He deserves it after giving the Spurs what he could playing behind Manu and Parker.

Quit being so damn pessimistic. If you truly did know better than the Spurs FO, you sure as wouldn't be posting how upset you are to people on Spurstalk.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep acting like Rudy Fernandez was a big acquisition? He is just as big of a mental midget as Matt Bonner in the playoffs.
    Pretty true - if 3rd year Rudy F had played like 1st year Rudy F against the Mavs, they might not have gotten out of the first round. Somehow, he has managed to get worse each year in the league.

It's a decent move for the Mavs because it helps them hedge against JJB's likely departure. But it doesn't really affect anything in the West moving forward. Dallas' future fortunes are completely tied to how Dirk ages over the next 2-3 years. Next year, Dirk will be the same age that Tim was when the decline began.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I foresee a "Can't Start Threads" le under someone's screen name.
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Only someone, such as yourself, could celebrate the acquisition of a one demensional, undersize 2 guard, whose a whiny , and who disappears in the playoffs. Nice thread NBA GM guru.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I like the pickup for the Mavs when I think of it in terms of a second-round pick, because Jordan Hamilton would not be cracking the rotation for the next year or two. If the Mavs are making another real push, it'll be now. Hopefully in a situation where he's happy (and he seems very happy about this trade) he'll be able to be effective, but I'm not exactly expecting him to be a big difference maker.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good pickup.

Rudy is the kinda player that shrivels when in the spotlight, but in the mavs he will never be in the spotlight. He'll just be a bench guy that for a few minutes will do good things.

Rudy will never carry a team or change the way a game is going. But if the mavs are kicking ass, he will come in and bury some daggers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SEEMS like last 2-3 years all of ports draft picks, lol busts, injured or traded away...so m uch for the hype

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems like a good pickup to me
    rudy wanted out of portland
    maybe he will do better

hopefully jj will be gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems like a good pickup to me
    rudy wanted out of portland
    maybe he will do better

hopefully jj will be gone
    Its a good pickup if they can't keep Barea, but JJ is the better player imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit being such a whiny dude. You were complaining about size last season, and the Spurs have sacrificed Hill to bring much needed size AND athleticism at a position the Spurs really needed it. Now you are ing about giving up Hill for it?

Leonard can be a huge mismatch problem especially considering he can play with his back to the basket. When was Hill ever a mismatch issue? He was an average PG, and and undersized SG. If he blossoms in Indiana, good for him. He deserves it after giving the Spurs what he could playing behind Manu and Parker.

Quit being so damn pessimistic. If you truly did know better than the Spurs FO, you sure as wouldn't be posting how upset you are to people on Spurstalk.

PLEASE tell me how this draft pick is going to help our size in the front court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sf is the front court. The Spurs will have to look at other trades and free agency to shore up the front court. There wasn't a 4, or 5, worthy of the 15th pick, where Leanard was taken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard has the wingspan of Andrew Bynum and massive hands (largest in the entire draft) and plays the small forward position, which is part of the front court. Please tell me how that doesn't help our size in the front court. Can't make it any easier to make you look like an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs are probably going to lose Barea, Butler, and Chandler. Spurs aren't losing a core player without getting someone back in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol re thinking trading George was strictly to "save money" and not to acquire the long 3 we've been needing since BEFORE Bruce retired

Thread Information