Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a fluke. No way Patty misses all those open looks in game 2.
    Ditto!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might've given OKC 16% chance before the series. That seems high now, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot to look during Game 1 if that goofy kid was dabbing (or having seizures) like he was during the Memphis series every time the Spurs scored.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone I was listening to made a great observation. OKC is a great offensive rebounding team, but many times it's at the expense of discipline. Westbrook, instead of getting back, crashes the glass. It works a lot, but when it doesn't their defense is compromised especially when he's lazy.

If SA can rebound well, it will also lead to plenty of leak outs with OKC scrambling. I think OKC should take a page out of SAs book (especially WB) and after shots, focus on getting back more.
    Spurs were taking advantage of it in the 1st game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were taking advantage of it in the 1st game.
    Definitely - even when WB wasn't crashing the glass, he was posing after his shots. But it's the softer side of why REB is so critical. OKC is too good to give 2nd chances to but it also leads to the best chance for SA to score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will win by double digits, tbh.
    TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot to look during Game 1 if that goofy kid was dabbing (or having seizures) like he was during the Memphis series every time the Spurs scored.
    Yeah but he was on the other side of the court, with another kid. Only saw the final seizures at the end of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GSG - Let's see Green and Anderson put together another nice game. Here's to a blowout, rant meltdown, and NO INJURIES.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone I was listening to made a great observation. OKC is a great offensive rebounding team, but many times it's at the expense of discipline. Westbrook, instead of getting back, crashes the glass. It works a lot, but when it doesn't their defense is compromised especially when he's lazy.

If SA can rebound well, it will also lead to plenty of leak outs with OKC scrambling. I think OKC should take a page out of SAs book (especially WB) and after shots, focus on getting back more.

Exactly what i have been thinking... Pop hates crashing O boards. Puts transition d at risk, which is why Spurs have traditionally lacking in that stat.... In game one you could tell Pop instructed them to take advantage... We got a lot of easy buckets because OKC was not getting back... Reason I never considered that a real advantage for OKC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly what i have been thinking... Pop hates crashing O boards. Puts transition d at risk, which is why Spurs have traditionally lacking in that stat.... In game one you could tell Pop instructed them to take advantage... We got a lot of easy buckets because OKC was not getting back... Reason I never considered that a real advantage for OKC
    It's definitely an advantage if SA doesn't protect the defensive glass. OKC will absolutely be in games that SA doesn't hold the offensive rebounds to a minimum.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Its been repeated a million times. OKC offensive rebounds are key. They have Ibaka, Adams, Kanter. Their biggest advantage is their bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its been repeated a million times. OKC offensive rebounds are key. They have Ibaka, Adams, Kanter. Their biggest advantage is their bigs.
    Sure, but this was not about their bigs. It was a nuanced observation about their guard, Westbrook, and his role in offensive rebounds and the opportunities it presents for SA when they take care of the glass and OKC is compromised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nuttin' in these bitches philldafunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got an invite to go tonight! Can't decide between my Spurs Ramones shirt or my FCK OKC shirt...

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring it on OKC!!!

This picture rocks!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone else notice how Kawhi came down after that first dunk? Very awkward and he grabbed his left hamstring right after hitting the floor. He played great the rest of the game, but I wonder how that felt after the game when the muscles start to tighten up. We'll see tonight.

If Parker and DG both repeat their performances in the first game, results could be similar. Given LMA and Kawhi do their thing too ....5 more hours...lol
    Pretty sure everyone noticed that. We're all just whistling past the graveyard saying "he's fine...he's fine".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information