Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, glad to hear things eventually turned out ok. That had to be scary as .
    Thanks man. And yup, it does a real number on you. Be safe out there.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even that seems way too difficult to implement. You test and have a two week self quarantine in the bubble, then a two week training camp to try to get everyone back in half basketball shape, and then a two week tournament and that's already a month and a half. Doesn't sound doable IMO. That two week tournament isn't going to be worth it to the players because no way it's going to come anywhere close to the 25% of salary they have lost. I'm sure the owners would love it for the extra cash since they wouldn't be the ones going to the bubble. They just need to cancel the season.
    Yeah, there's a lot of wrangling over the money that needs to be done and every day it isn't decided on in principle and planning started, the less reason to even try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah man, thanks for asking. He recovered rather quickly once he left the hospital. My mom on the other hand was just just released about 2 days ago. She tested positive for covid, was scary for awhile but it looks like she's out of the woods now.
    Great to hear! Best to all of you and glad to hear it's looking good! Bobo and I say 'salud!'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah man, thanks for asking. He recovered rather quickly once he left the hospital. My mom on the other hand was just just released about 2 days ago. She tested positive for covid, was scary for awhile but it looks like she's out of the woods now.
    Oh man, I didn't know. I'm glad things are in the up and up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know they were sick... glad to hear they are alright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to hear! Best to all of you and glad to hear it's looking good! Bobo and I say 'salud!'
    Oh man, I didn't know. I'm glad things are in the up and up!
    I didn't know they were sick... glad to hear they are alright.
    Thank you all for the kind words. Stay safe out there guys, coronavirus is no joke.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you all for the kind words. Stay safe out there guys, coronavirus is no joke.
    Could you tweet our president to tell him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Research that is suggesting the death rate is below 0.25% suggests that it is not nearly as deadly as many think. Expect NFL and NCAAF this year, may be little late for NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Research that is suggesting the death rate is below 0.25% suggests that it is not nearly as deadly as many think. Expect NFL and NCAAF this year, may be little late for NBA.
    What research is that? Source?

This virus keeps making you naysayers look like fools. Every time you project, it busts right through it in short order. Please stop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What research is that? Source?

This virus keeps making you naysayers look like fools. Every time you project, it busts right through it in short order. Please stop.
    If you would pay attention to the literature coming out about the virus and not just gobble up the media fear agenda, you would realize they did antibody studies that said that 15-20% of NY has already had a mild undetected or asymptomatic bout of Corona, that would be 4.3 million people against 25,000 deaths. There have also been other states to reveal similar figures. There was a study out of Massachusetts and a city near San Francisco found the same.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ary-data-shows

I find it hilarious you mention models in your comment because thus far, every model presented by the media and CDC has been wildly overestimating the death rate and infection rate compared to what we are currently seeing today. Every single model predicted this thing was going to be far worse than what we are seeing. I see fear being sold by the media, and I see sheep eating up. Inform yourself, dont be the moron holding this country back and buying the propaganda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you would pay attention to the literature coming out about the virus and not just gobble up the media fear agenda, you would realize they did antibody studies that said that 15-20% of NY has already had a mild undetected or asymptomatic bout of Corona, that would be 4.3 million people against 25,000 deaths. There have also been other states to reveal similar figures. There was a study out of Massachusetts and a city near San Francisco found the same.

I find it hilarious you mention models in your comment because thus far, every model presented by the media and CDC has been wildly overestimating the death rate and infection rate compared to what we are currently seeing today. Every single model predicted this thing was going to be far worse than what we are seeing. I see fear being sold by the media, and I see sheep eating up. Inform yourself, dont be the moron holding this country back and buying the propaganda.
    That article says 0.5%, not 0.25%. How about that 60,000 deaths model Trump kept touting that the media gobbled up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Actually several models had their projections of infections and death go down for several revisions until the re-openings started. I find it odd that people think their own back of napkin projections are better than those, but whatever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That article says 0.5%, not 0.25%. How about that 60,000 deaths model Trump kept touting that the media gobbled up?
    Look you can move the goalposts but the bottom line here is that, as long as we are not overflowing our hospitals (which we arent, save for maybe NY at the very very peak of infection there) and we are social distancing, and the at risk (the old and the unhealthy) take proper precautions for themselves... there is no reason to be in quarantine over a 0.5% death rate. It was debatable whether we should even be doing it over a 2% death rate (but it was mainly driven by the fear of overrunning hospitals). Society is already calling bull on this and soon the numbers will bear it out when all of the states opening succeed just fine. A life lived in fear of a disease that 99.5% of us will survive is a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look you can move the goalposts but the bottom line here is that, as long as we are not overflowing our hospitals (which we arent, save for maybe NY at the very very peak of infection there) and we are social distancing, and the at risk (the old and the unhealthy) take proper precautions for themselves... there is no reason to be in quarantine over a 0.5% death rate. It was debatable whether we should even be doing it over a 2% death rate (but it was mainly driven by the fear of overrunning hospitals). Society is already calling bull on this and soon the numbers will bear it out when all of the states opening succeed just fine. A life lived in fear of a disease that 99.5% of us will survive is a joke.
    What are you talking about? You explicitly moved the goalposts in your own source to 0.25%. And then cried about the media running with overblown projections when they kept touting that 60,000 deaths projection from the White House.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually several models had their projections of infections and death go down for several revisions until the re-openings started. I find it odd that people think their own back of napkin projections are better than those, but whatever.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-di...ry?id=70011918

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ses-two-months

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you talking about? You explicitly moved the goalposts in your own link. And then cried about the media running with overblown projections when they kept touting that 60,000 deaths projection from the White House.
    You arent addressing the point, that is moving the goalposts, you attack minute details of tho post instead of answering the question. Do you think the death of 0.5% of the population should outweigh the catastrophic financial consequences that will lead to not only significant loss of life, but also the decreased prosperity and financial future for our country by continuing the quarantine? I am fine with social distancing and masks, but the quarantine needs to be done. And you keep dancing around the question. Young healthy people (Aged 0-60) arent dying from this, its time for them to work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You arent addressing the point, that is moving the goalposts, you attack minute details of tho post instead of answering the question. Do you think the death of 0.5% of the population should outweigh the catastrophic financial consequences that will lead to not only significant loss of life, but also the decreased prosperity and financial future for our country by continuing the quarantine? I am fine with social distancing and masks, but the quarantine needs to be done. And you keep dancing around the question.
    Your point was it has a death rate of 0.25%. Your link said 0.5% estimated. And then you accuse others of moving the goalposts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your point was it has a death rate of 0.25%. Your link said 0.5% estimated. And then you accuse others of moving the goalposts.
    How about you answer the question?
    Do you think the death of 0.5% of the population should outweigh the catastrophic financial consequences that will lead to not only significant loss of life, but also the decreased prosperity and financial future for our country by continuing the quarantine? I am fine with social distancing and masks, but the quarantine needs to be done. And you keep dancing around the question. Young healthy people (Aged 0-60) arent dying from this, its time for them to work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the same time, Dr. John Brownstein, a Harvard epidemiologist and ABC News contributor, said that Redfield’s comments could mislead Americans into feeling a sense that the disease’s spread is under control.

“Projections and models across the board are accounting for a reduction in mobility because of social distancing, so it’s way too soon to declare any kind of victory,” he said. “This is not a moment for people to relax because they feel the models are wrong.

You want to relax because you think the models are wrong.

Every model includes guesswork because only the sickest and most privileged have been able to access tests, skewing understanding of how widespread it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about you answer the question?
    Do you think the death of 0.5% of the population should outweigh the catastrophic financial consequences that will lead to not only significant loss of life, but also the decreased prosperity and financial future for our country by continuing the quarantine? I am fine with social distancing and masks, but the quarantine needs to be done. And you keep dancing around the question. Young healthy people (Aged 0-60) arent dying from this, its time for them to work.
    What are you even whining about? Texas is opening up, as are most other red states. If you didn't like the shutdown go blame Trump for not doing for two months.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you even whining about? Texas is opening up, as are most other red states. If you didn't like the shutdown go blame Trump for not doing for two months.
    Still not answering the question

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the same time, Dr. John Brownstein, a Harvard epidemiologist and ABC News contributor, said that Redfield’s comments could mislead Americans into feeling a sense that the disease’s spread is under control.

“Projections and models across the board are accounting for a reduction in mobility because of social distancing, so it’s way too soon to declare any kind of victory,” he said. “This is not a moment for people to relax because they feel the models are wrong.

You want to relax because you think the models are wrong.

Every model includes guesswork because only the sickest and most privileged have been able to access tests, skewing understanding of how widespread it is.
    You cant have your cake and eat it. If it is more widespread, it isnt deadly and this quarantine bull needs to stop. We can still wear masks and social distance but the time for quarantine is over (except in the most highly affected areas).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cant have your cake and eat it. If it is more widespread, it isnt deadly and this quarantine bull needs to stop. We can still wear masks and social distance but the time for quarantine is over (except in the most highly affected areas).
    we're already stopping "quarantines" regardless of the numbers. What are you actually arguing?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're already stopping "quarantines" regardless of the numbers. What are you actually arguing?
    Im arguing the fear over this virus is unwarranted and that we should return to normal with social distancing and masks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not answering the question
    My answer is we don't know if it's 0.5% because there are concerns our antibody tests may be giving a lot of false positives. Even if it is 0.5% under good conditions, it's not likely to stay there if we just treat things like business as usual and we have a ton of cases come at once. That was the whole point of flattening the curve, to keep the death rate from blowing up above what it would naturally be. That estimated death rate of 0.5% came from a month of lockdowns. Six feet of social disatancing in indoor dining rooms is a joke when have an example of someone getting COVID from another diner 15 feet away in a restaurant dining room. Your boy Trump also put gyms in Phase 1. What a joke, people in a confined area breathing hard, exhaling droplets way farther than 6 feet, but they're the most safe places to reopen first.

The idea that we're going to have the rapid V-shaped recovery Trump touts is questionable too. Just because dining rooms and movie theaters can be opened doesn't mean people are going to fill them like they did back in February. SARSCov2's rapid expansion through the US is killing our economy and until that's addressed this nation is likely boned economically.

Thread Information