Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This clown realizes what team hes on right now, right? If its minutes he wants, boy do we have minutes to give
    Mitch explaining why they went after the gook
    Asians playing basketball

Jeremy Lin is demanding a more important role from the Los Angeles Lakers after spending the past two seasons under the shadow of James Harden during his tenure days with the Houston Rockets.

View Full Image
    Reuters/ Andrew Richa
    Apr 30, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Rockets guard Jeremy Lin (7) reacts to a play during the second quarter against the Portland Trail Blazers in game five of the first round of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Toyota Center.

Traded by the Rockets for salary relief, the 25-year old Lin will embark into a new chapter in his career as a member of the fabled Lakers franchise next season.
    The former Harvard playmaker averaged 12 points and 4 dishes per game last season in a backup role for the Rockets, who also lost Omer Asik and Chandler Parsons this offseason.
    While many analysts believed the Lakers had made a gamble in trading for Lin, general manager Mitch Kupchack assured that Lin will play a big role for the team in their upcoming 2014-15 campaign.
    "This trade allows us to acquire a solid player who will make us a better team, as well as draft picks to improve our team in the future, while at the same time allowing us to maintain financial flexibility," said Kupchack in a press release via Sports Illustrated FanSided issued days after acquiring Lin and two future draft picks (first round and second round pick in 2015).

"In addition to what he'll bring us on the court, we think Jeremy will be warmly embraced by our fans and our community."

Though his defense remains a suspect, Lin's penetrating skills and ability to play both the point guard and shooting guard position with ease will make wonders for a Lakers team that direly need firepower after losing All-Star power forward Pau Gasol to free-agency this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got Lin so their TV ratings can go up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SUM TING WONG?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Be ready for the fallout after Lakernation eats him alive after bad performances. Worst part is his play is reflected on his confidence...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they still have Nash?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought most Asians were Crippers fans?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought most Asians were Crippers fans?
    Not anymore. Now it's the Rakers..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already failed if this is true. A PG should assume that he is the leader of the team. You spearhead the attack on both ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already failed if this is true. A PG should assume that he is the leader of the team. You spearhead the attack on both ends.
    He was already a failure. It only makes sense Fredo embraces him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was already a failure. It only makes sense Fredo embraces him
    You have a team full of misfits, nono. Anything is possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a team full of misfits, nono. Anything is possible.
    You have a team of losers. 'Anything' isn't possible in those cir stances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a team of losers. 'Anything' isn't possible in those cir stances.
    I have a guy on my team that has accomplished more in his career than your entire franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boozer = amnestied because he was a loser
    Nash = ducking his children, won't do the franchise a solid even though he can't play
    Kirby = Robs the FO blind, calls fans stupid then Lakerfan defends him? (not you luva, I know you were mad at that extension)

FO then proceeds to bring back the band of losers that posted the worst record in franchise history (Hill, Swaggy P, Henry, etc), without having a clue who's going to coach that trainwreck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a guy on my team that has accomplished more in his career than your entire franchise.
    It won't get you any closer to a championship.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Spurs fans act like Kobe was basically a lucky McGrady

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boozer = amnestied because he was a loser
    Nash = ducking his children, won't do the franchise a solid even though he can't play
    Kirby = Robs the FO blind, calls fans stupid then Lakerfan defends him? (not you luva, I know you were mad at that extension)

FO then proceeds to bring back the band of losers that posted the worst record in franchise history (Hill, Swaggy P, Henry, etc), without having a clue who's going to coach that trainwreck.
    I wasnt mad that Kobe got paid. He's earned it. I wanted to see him play first. As far as I'm concerned... players always think they can still do it... and some can, but he's had two of the worst injuries that a player can have, and he's past his prime. My gripe is the FO and the league and the fans expecting the stars to take pay cuts to overpay role players. I'm gonna stick to my guns on this one. Spurs are on the right track with this whole salary cap thing, but Jim deserves more... even if the owner has to dig in his pocket to make it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its just banter, eva. We downgrade them... they return the favor... and the team that wins the trophy writes the history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the best possible ending of Kobe's career for Spursfan. It just can't be said enough.

Not only is he going down, he's dragging down the entire franchise with him.

This is exactly what Lakerfan thought was going to happen with Tim and the Spurs, and gotdamn did it backfire bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the best possible ending of Kobe's career for Spursfan. It just can't be said enough.

Not only is he going down, he's dragging down the entire franchise with him.

This is exactly what Lakerfan thought was going to happen with Tim and the Spurs, and gotdamn did it backfire bad.
    I said the same thing about Jim three years ago when he was dragging that leg up the court while Z-Bo was dropping it in his rear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasnt mad that Kobe got paid. He's earned it. I wanted to see him play first. As far as I'm concerned... players always think they can still do it... and some can, but he's had two of the worst injuries that a player can have, and he's past his prime. My gripe is the FO and the league and the fans expecting the stars to take pay cuts to overpay role players. I'm gonna stick to my guns on this one. Spurs are on the right track with this whole salary cap thing, but Jim deserves more... even if the owner has to dig in his pocket to make it happen.
    That's a dated rationale that doesn't jive with the current realities of the League. Even talent in it's prime (Lebron) took a paycut to go to Miami and win.

Past their prime players need to make a choice: win or get paid. Kobe picked me-first, the franchise will have to deal with the aftermath.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said the same thing about Jim three years ago when he was dragging that leg up the court while Z-Bo was dropping it in his rear.
    And Tim is a champ now, because he understood that he wasn't above the team.

Obviously, everything starts at the top, and that's an area where the Lakeshow have taken a huge step-back. Dr Buss is a tough act to follow, but Jim is clearly a loser. We'll see how long it takes for him to step aside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a dated rationale that doesn't jive with the current realities of the League. Even talent in it's prime (Lebron) took a paycut to go to Miami and win.

Past their prime players need to make a choice: win or get paid. Kobe picked me-first, the franchise will have to deal with the aftermath.
    And Lebron regrets never being the highest paid player on his team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Tim is a champ now, because he understood that he wasn't above the team.

Obviously, everything starts at the top, and that's an area where the Lakeshow have taken a huge step-back. Dr Buss is a tough act to follow, but Jim is clearly a loser. We'll see how long it takes for him to step aside.

Jim is a total loser, and the fact he passed on the best coach of the game to not even choosing a coach as the season approaches speaks volumes. He's on his way out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Lebron regrets never being the highest paid player on his team.
    He wanted to win and he won. Kobe wanted the money and he lost.

Thread Information