Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The world lost another narcissistic/egotistical sexual predator

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The Lakers were the ones who requested to postpone the game, though. It's just tough to ask that team to get prepared for a basketball game after spending the day with grief counselors. More than anyone else, the Lakers need time to mourn.
    Today’s NBA

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    yeah I can't believe so many guys here hated on Kobe for years. Outside of Jordan, who's been better on both ends of the floor at that position? I know he gets a lot of flack for the legacy defensive awards he got later in his career, but he was an elite defender in the early 2000's. He s all over Harden tbh. , just in this game alone he throws it down on Duncan/Robinson four times.
    He was being guarded by scrub ass Antonio Daniels

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was being guarded by scrub ass Antonio Daniels
    And Terry Porter, along with a washed up Sean Elliot. Both Porter and Elliott retired after that series. They were too old by then.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    And Terry Porter, along with a washed up Sean Elliot. Both Porter and Elliott retired after that series. They were too old by then.
    Not to mention it was 1-on-1 b/c you couldn’t help off Shaq & the role players Fox/Fisher/Horry were knock down shooters. Kawhi destroyed Butler/Simmons (w/ Embiid protecting the rim) while they supporting cast couldn’t hit the broadside off the barn.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    who the ever dropped 40+ on Bruce?)
    Bonzi Wells ate his lunch besides it’s not like Bruce had to guard Wade/Durant/McGrady/Iverson in the playoffs. He didn’t exactly lock up Ray Allen/Nash/JET/Josh Howard/Chris Paul/Billups & Carmelo/LeBron were babies who were deterred by Timmay.

BTW, Kirby is a career 41% chucker in the Finals against Reggie/AI/Kittles/Rip/Ray/Pierce b/c he had to expend energy on defense instead of resting on Bruce “Dirty” Bowen (It isn’t a surprise his best Finals series was against the Magic when he was resting on Pietrius)
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 01-28-2020 at 10:04 PM.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    hopefully the Lakers don't play in Utah again this season tbh. If they can heckle and make fun of Fisher's daughter, I expect the White Jazz fans won't be above this either imo

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    hopefully the Lakers don't play in Utah again this season tbh. If they can heckle and make fun of Fisher's daughter, I expect the White Jazz fans won't be above this either imo
    Not trying to defend making fun of Fisher’s daughter (albeit I’ve done so myself ), but I think the Utah fans only stooped to that level because Fisher used his daughter’s eye disease as an excuse to get out of his Utah contract and be closer to the doctor he wanted to take her to in NY and they took his word for it only for him to sign with LA.

He’s just as if not a bigger POS for using his daughter’s illness as a tool to get out of a contract.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's true. Honestly, Tim would think a lot of this would be dumb AF if it happened to him tbh.
    LeBron would be eating it up with a spoon.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Also I think retiring the number should be left as a tribute from the Lakers. No matter how much he has meant to the league and to its fans, it'll never be at the level of what he meant to the Lakers, their fans, and to Los Angeles and the entire Southland. I think only the Lakers have the right to put his jersey in the rafters.
    I have no desire to see Kobe's name and number in the rafters at the Q. No disrespect to Kobe, but it doesn't belong there.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A lot of truth to this.

The truth is it's debatable whether Kobe was even better than Vince Carter, T-Mac, Paul Pierce, etc. He is probably the most over-rated player in NBA history.
    LOL it's this type of bull that makes him properly rated, genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe her explanation.
    And even if she did use nigs, STFU and get over it.

If Jemelle Hill used Cracker not a thing would happen.
    Sub zero re Steven A Smith did some slurr a few years ago and gave a laughable lie as the reason. *I'm from New York and I talk fast sometimes.*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    If this had happened 20 years from now, nobody would be asking for it. But he was only 41 years old and had just retired a few years ago, he's the most influential player in history for the current crop of players.

It isn't comparable to anything else, nobody else of this magnitude has ever died so young in the NBA. There are 41-year olds still playing in the NBA right now.
    Do we fade Lakers? Books are offering as low as -225 on them NOT to win the le rn.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL it's this type of bull that makes him properly rated, genius.
    Pierce had a lot of better numbers than Kobe w/o the benefit of playing with Shaq. He was a better midrange / three shooter also. He was a better defender, rebounder, passer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we fade Lakers? Books are offering as low as -225 on them NOT to win the le rn.
    Please. LakerRef will be so obvious now. I think you can switch from you Warriors panties to your Lakers panties safely.

I still think Clippers MVP and company can take them out.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tonight Anderson Cooper did an extensive interview with the husband of the Mauser woman who died in the crash.

I don't like Cooper, but, by God he was excellent during this segment with this fellow. So selfless.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not trying to defend making fun of Fisher’s daughter (albeit I’ve done so myself ), but I think the Utah fans only stooped to that level because Fisher used his daughter’s eye disease as an excuse to get out of his Utah contract and be closer to the doctor he wanted to take her to in NY and they took his word for it only for him to sign with LA.

He’s just as if not a bigger POS for using his daughter’s illness as a tool to get out of a contract.
    & if he didn't go we'd a never beat Boston at the last. Remember, Will, he straightened Kobe out, Dutch Uncle treatment. Without that we're light 1.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was epic, by Kobe standards anyhow.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the Jazz were cheating to make sure Kobe hit 60.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartanntp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks and Clippers handle them easily. Probably Philly, too.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Bucks and Clippers handle them easily. Probably Philly, too.
    They'll beat Houston 4-1 though

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this had happened 20 years from now, nobody would be asking for it. But he was only 41 years old and had just retired a few years ago, he's the most influential player in history for the current crop of players.

It isn't comparable to anything else, nobody else of this magnitude has ever died so young in the NBA. There are 41-year olds still playing in the NBA right now.
    You sound stupid, man.

He played an entire career and died AFTER doing a family/friend event. Retiring his number(s) automatically place him on a plateau with Jackie Robinson which he clearly doesn't deserve (still was a great player).

Also, Roberto Clemente died in a similar fashion while doing it for humanitarian purposes. The MLB didn't do some over reactionary B.S., P.R. stunt like retiring his number league wide.

And Clemente was revered in Latin America, a (future) HOF'er & an all-time great player too.

Also, will this type of overreaction be the new normal? No thanks, even if this was Duncan I would hate to see his number retired league wide. Denying future generations the opportunity (like LeBron with #23 in Cleveland and Los Angeles) to honor Timmy by rocking the number other than in San Antonio.

Thread Information