Page 19 of 110 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    #POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    id rather keep eubanks than poeltl tbh.

BTW what do u guys think, how much money will bogdanovic want?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From NBASupes :

Major Update:
    Pacers, Lakers, Knicks w/ a dash of Wolves, Hawks, Thunder, Sixers, and Spurs.

The biggest story I've been breaking is Indy interest in Mike D'Antoni and their interest in LaMelo Ball. Well, that interest hasn't gotten smaller but the trade talks have opened up as well as Mike D's expectation. Mike wants to get

A. A long term deal with a lot of security

B. A roster that fits his needs
    C. A lead initiator he believes in which Indy currently doesn't have.

As of right now, Indy has FINALLY put Myles Turner in the talks and have removed T.J. Warren and Oladipo. They have also added Doug McDermott. As of right now, they are just working out the minors details of the deal but it seems like it could be getting close to completion is what he has been told.

Another move is Oladipo who has garnered interest across the league. He was told that the Lakers have the best shot. He mention a possible four way deal with Ball to Indy including Atlanta landing Danny Green, Turner/Doug to MIN, Ball, LAL 1st, Kuzma, and Johnson to IND, and Oladipo to the LAL.

The Lakers have identified KCP has the prime priority to resign and would love to keep Dwight, Morris, and Rondo. The big target for the Lakers will be Tristian Thompson and Josh Jackson in FA. He was told Cleveland will also try to resign TT.

Knicks are not really talking to the media so they are having a tough time getting any trade details but my guy is thankfully connected to both orgs so he got some news for me. Same ole, same ole. The Knicks are NOT interested in trading a future 1st. They are NOT interested in trading either pick for players. They are only interested in trading players for players. Because if this, it's made them attractive for a CP3 trade but I've been told Philly is in the lead for CP3 and LAL is in the lead for Oladipo.

The Knicks are actually trying to build their team the right way, they are being patience and don't want to get people hyped on moves that might not happen.

Spurs are looking to trade LMA for a fit upgrade. He is still productive and he's a quality teammate. Expect suitors. SA big target is currently Al Horford. They aren't dying to trade Mills but he can be had if packaged with LMA is what I was told but they would prefer to keep Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Al Horford is switchable between 4/5. I say pull the trigger. Get their 2nd in this year's draft also and get Mason Jones before anyone else does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just underscores that there are no reliable Spurs insiders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way Spurs would trade LMA for Al Horford. Maybe Tobias Harris, but I cannot see that either. Horford move makes no sense.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    horford would be serviceable but he's not worth it. getting paid too much.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getying Horford means Spurs ditching 2021 plan?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    do not move la before demar.

unless the plan is to move demar soon after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horford is done. Didn’t anybody watch the Philly series? I know, nobody watched the nba playoffs but he is done as a serviceable player. And his contract still has like 3 more years? Yuck

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    al horford XD
    i hoped that spurs finally do some right moves to rebuild but all i can see is the same like always which means do whatever it takes to get to the PO and after 1st round say goodbye. Average age of the tema: approximately 45
    Last edited by spurspl; 10-07-2020 at 07:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Horford

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horford would allow us to go back to the beautiful game motion offense. More enticing for free agents than the pound inside post heavy offense with Aldridge. Rehab Horford's value then trade him next year for assets when its only 1 year guaranteed or to match salaries for disgruntled stars.

Spurs have to be creative, they want to be compe ive to gets fans back on seats post Covid but won't trade future first or the young core. If the 19th pick is attached to the Horford contract then its a massive win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hrfrd

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the October 5 podcast for Locked on Jazz, around the 17 minute mark, is the host breaking down free agent Bryn Forbes using I think the $ analytics from bball-index. In previous episodes, when breaking down Joe Harris and Bogdan Bogdanovic he listed the top-25 3-point shooting GRAVITY players, and when I listened to the list, I didn't hear Forbes name, but I might have missed it.

Anyways, his real-time reaction to reading out Forbes' atrocious analytics: "Whoa!"

Surprised at his horrible numbers, but just shrugs it off as, well, the Spurs have figured out how to use him. His terrible stats, "a little surprising for a Spur, but he knows how play, because he's a Spur"

Spurs rep giving Forbes all kinds of benefit of the doubt

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horford would allow us to go back to the beautiful game motion offense. More enticing for free agents than the pound inside post heavy offense with Aldridge. Rehab Horford's value then trade him next year for assets when its only 1 year guaranteed or to match salaries for disgruntled stars.

Spurs have to be creative, they want to be compe ive to gets fans back on seats post Covid but won't trade future first or the young core. If the 19th pick is attached to the Horford contract then its a massive win.
    Yeah, it'd be like a lesser version of Westbrook for Paul, with the Spurs viewing it from the Thunder's perspective.

Acquire a player who fits the "culture" and goal (attempt to remain compe ive while re-building), who should be motivated to show he still has it and get traded to a contender, while extracting multiple assets in the process . . .

To 76ers: Ariza, Hood

To Trail Blazers: Aldridge

To Spurs: Horford, either 16th pick or '21 lottery protected 1st (via Trail Blazers), 21st pick (via 76ers)

The final asset(s) would likely come down to haggling over the 76ers trying to send some combination of 34, 36 or the Knicks '21 2nd and the Spurs trying to pry the '76ers '22 1st.

Either way, the end result is the Spurs would be in strong position to move up without sacrifcing current youth and likely have multiple 1sts leftover.
    Last edited by TD 21; 10-08-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs trade for horford. Then philly has to attach a pick. 3 more years for horford would be dreadful but he can still play. Just a bad and illogical fit for philly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Horford earns 4 million more than LaMarcus and is signed for 3 more seasons. This would be worse than the Gasol extension

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way Hoford makes sense is if Spurs are getting multiple 1st round picks for taking on his bloated and longer contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright PATFO time to get to work (if you haven't already).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when does free agency begin and when can teams start making trades?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So when does free agency begin and when can teams start making trades?
    teams who aren’t in the playoffs can make trades while the playoffs are still going on. that is usually rare though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way I'm OK getting Horford would be if we end up with a million picks like OKC did for taking on bloated contracts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly would more than likely at least 2 1sts to take on horford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly would more than likely at least 2 1sts to take on horford.
    I hear the Knicks need another PF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the takes trading for Horford are awful. He fell off a cliff and has a horrendous contract.

Thread Information