Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since this team is not going to make the playoffs, is popa going to play the younger players more minutes over his son of es?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since this team is not going to make the playoffs, is popa going to play the younger players more minutes over his son of es?
    no. He's gon do what he always does. Some people call it insanity, he calls it pounding the rock

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He still wont play dj and white together consistently. He hasnt learned yet. We might not ever see a lineup up of white murray and walker this season, and its sickening to think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaching geniuses here still think playing White and DJ is the answer to everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In a Game that went into OT and this 1 possibly 3 point give back at the end of the fourth.

Culture used to be "Spurs don't be themselves"

With this got and this tude and behavior things sure have changed haven't they

It overshadowing a heck of a "spurs like" Play by Keldon makes it 10x worse
    The weak at ude really bothers me. It won’t happen because pop is awful but I wish the spurs would go after some tough players that hustle and have grit this summer. Players like Harrell, Beverley, PJ Tucker, etc. Yes, I know Beverley and Tucker aren't FAs...I’m just saying tough players like those guys.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen enough to say that right bow Johnson does everything better than Lonnie Walker and its not even close.

Lonnie has been disappointing. But that's what getting beaten down for an entire season can do to a young player. If Lonnie gets a change of scenery, there will be some threads ing about the Spurs letting him get away. When he's at his best, he's electric.

But I said from draft night that Keldon has an NBA-ready body. He can take contact and finish better than most rookies, and that's something Lonnie lacks. If he can get his 3P stroke on track, he will have a long NBA career.

I was totally against the Spurs drafting Samanic. Imagine if the Spurs had taken Brandon Clarke or Matisse Thybulle AND Keldon in that draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaching geniuses here still think playing White and DJ is the answer to everything.
    White/DJ >>>>>>>> Forbes/DJ

A friend asked why the Spurs were constantly digging out of a hole every game, and I explained that Forbes is a borderline NBA player who can't do anything but catch and shoot the ball, and he's causing the deficits by his inability to defend or rebound.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Always with the straw men. Find someone who said that playing White and DG is "the answer to everything". I'll wait.

It would have been an improvement. And obvious one. When you have a major wound, you put pressure on it. Not because you think it will fix everything - just to stop the bleeding. There are plenty of bad takes, but nobody said that playing White/DJ was the answer to everything wrong with this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young guys have been misused all year tbh. White should’ve started from the beginning of the year. It would’ve done wonders for his confidence and given him a steady role which he clearly lacked in the beginning of the year. This whole he should be are next Gino thing is the biggest piece of crap I’ve heard in a while. Pop started Gino initially and then actually gave him the keys to drive the car and ALWAYS closed with him, all things Pop has refused to do for Derrick.

Lonnie is being used so badly it’s ridiculous. He’s an athlete. Run him in the open and play fast. Don’t have him worry about being benched for missing an assignment. The way he should be used is a Jaren Jackson gunner type off the bench. He needs to be a spark off the bench whose sole job is to shoot. Him getting 4 shots a game while Mills and Forbes get 10+ isn’t doing him any favors at all

Keldon just needs to be used at PJ Tucker. Straight line drives. Hit wide open 3s and play like a dawg on defense.

Honestly Pop has done such a ty job coaching up the youngins this year that I can’t evaluate them at all. Pop has gone out of his way to not coach young players. I mean the last young guy Pop coached was Kawhi but before that was who? He’s getting these kids at 19. He wants vets which is why he’s so bent on keeping Gay, DeRozan, and LMA. It’s why he wanted Carrol and Morris. Pop doesn’t want to coach kids. He’s too old for it. We need a coach who can actually do that. I’m not against Atkinson at all coming in here and building rapport with the young guys and be the next coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    johnson has a spur mentality-thanks to solid coaching at UK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Keldon, and I think Lonnie's still got the potential to be great.

But, yeah, Keldon's impressive so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    johnson has a spur mentality-thanks to solid coaching at UK.
    I think it's in spite of Coach Cal's laissez faire approach to his top recruits. He has a Spurs mentality because of his upbringing, not one year in a basketball farm.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really liking Keldon. He’s like that boxer who may not be the most talented, but is full of heart. Have fun trying to beat that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray could be benched. He has too many flaws in basic handling, shooting and BBIQ. Keep and play Lonnie at SG and White at PG with Keldon and Murray as backup. Too bad trade deadline has come and gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is like a deer.

He's as fast as a deer, he leaps like a deer, he's as graceful as a deer.

And when the headlights come on . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is like a deer.

lol this is spot on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is like a deer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's only played in 78 minutes have NBA action but Keldon has a PER of 17.7. It's hard not to feel good about that even in a small sample size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's only played in 78 minutes have NBA action but Keldon has a PER of 17.7. It's hard not to feel good about that even in a small sample size.
    46% of his shots are from 0-3 feet of the rim, and he's shooting 69% on those shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    46% of his shots are from 0-3 feet of the rim, and he's shooting 69% on those shots.
    A new face in the league can have inflated metrics until teams scout him or face him for the second time. Keeping my fingers crossed that Keldon can adjust when that happens...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A new face in the league can have inflated metrics until teams scout him or face him for the second time. Keeping my fingers crossed that Keldon can adjust when that happens...
    Oh, I've already said that he needs to progress past straight line drives. He needs a crossover, a spin move, etc. It's just good to see him come up and have total aggression and no fear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I've already said that he needs to progress past straight line drives. He needs a crossover, a spin move, etc. It's just good to see him come up and have total aggression and no fear.
    This is what I wish Walker had. Although I feel its Pops fault. Walker has had moments where he looked fearless out there, take the ball to the hoop even if its not designed for you. Take that 3 pt shot if you're feeling it. Go and attack the glass. But Pops short leash i truly believe caused his hesitation into playing freely.

Keldon is looking really good though so far. And i'm hoping we can so BOTH Walker and Johnson grow into great players in the Spurs system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is like a deer.

¿Como que headlights?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I wish Walker had. Although I feel its Pops fault. Walker has had moments where he looked fearless out there, take the ball to the hoop even if its not designed for you. Take that 3 pt shot if you're feeling it. Go and attack the glass. But Pops short leash i truly believe caused his hesitation into playing freely.

Keldon is looking really good though so far. And i'm hoping we can so BOTH Walker and Johnson grow into great players in the Spurs system.
    I can't identify the Spurs' system any more.

Thread Information