Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think 2 years at 20 mill per year is a bit much. If your goal is for the bulls to not match you go with that plan. 15-17 is about right for him, but I'd worry the bulls match. If you get Markkanen to take 15 mill and the bulls don't match, great you have an extra 5 million or so to spend on another player. We haven't had this much cap space in like forever so lets make it count. Real talent costs $$$.
    Because I think Spurs probably want to keep their 2023 cap space open. And markkanen would want years if he is taking 15mil. His agent may think that guarantee 40 and plsy for a team that needs his skill set and would use it, would bring him money later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poodle and lauri the new twin towers

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lauri Markkanen is our big FA signing...
    There is no big fa available unfortunately

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as lauri isnt making more then white or dejounte im good. Maybe spurs can salvage markkanen's career

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mo may not even be in the league next year and if he is it'll be on a minimum contract. Lauri will be on a $15M/year or more contract...there's a huge difference... we can quibble over who can or can't improve and by how much but, Lauri is vastly superior right now.
    I wont deny that the Lauri will get paid more. But when you look at there per 36 numbers there is not much difference.

career https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_..._id2=markkla01
    this year https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2021

Just because someone is paid more does not mean they are better. if it was that simple you would not have players like Green/ wood and some others that have been thought of as nothing before and came back to be reliable players. There have also been many bad contract given out by NBA teams. You could also say it about the draft where everyone knows there are players drafted later that end up being better.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least they made a conference Finals in that time

that was only cause Dallas got shipped in the first round

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri may very well be exactly what Spurs need moving forward. White, Murray, Johnson, Lauri, Poeltl is a nice starting 5. They lack a go to scorer, which means they'll need to be confident that their youth and Lauri would turn up the scoring.

Losing DDR, Gay and potentially Mills is 35 to 45 points gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep hearing talks of Ben Simmons to the Spurs. Is this a serious possibility? I don't see how he'd help, isn't he a slightly better Dejounte Murray but much more expensive?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep hearing talks of Ben Simmons to the Spurs. Is this a serious possibility? I don't see how he'd help, isn't he a slightly better Dejounte Murray but much more expensive?
    There’s gonna be a lot of Ben Simmons chatter tbh I wouldn’t hate it but I can’t see the 76ers trading him with his value so low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s gonna be a lot of Ben Simmons chatter tbh I wouldn’t hate it but I can’t see the 76ers trading him with his value so low.

What would we even have to give up? DJM and draft pick? Or more?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri has a skill set, change of scenery will do him some good probably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would we even have to give up? DJM and draft pick? Or more?

They want an established all star and picks. Spurs clearly dont have that currently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Markkanen could be had for the types of contract being discussed, if the Lakers can't come up with something better, get desperate and DeRozan were on board, I'd rather try to sign and trade him for Kuzma, Harrell (re-routed to a third team) and the 22nd pick.
    I really like this trade, but I don't think we can fleece the Lakers into doing it. Spurs say yes, DeRozen says yes, the lakers think about it for a minute and say we've had enough playoff chokers on this team already (looking at you Schroeder) besides Lebron runs this franchise and he says no also.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like this trade, but I don't think we can fleece the Lakers into doing it. Spurs say yes, DeRozen says yes, the lakers think about it for a minute and say we've had enough playoff chokers on this team already (looking at you Schroeder) besides Lebron runs this franchise and he says no also.
    I think the lakers do that in a heartbeat... it would win the press cycle there...and what else can they really win?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Markkanen could be had for the types of contract being discussed, if the Lakers can't come up with something better, get desperate and DeRozan were on board, I'd rather try to sign and trade him for Kuzma, Harrell (re-routed to a third team) and the 22nd pick.
    We might be able to flip kuzma and/or Harrell as well... something like to sacto for Barnes and a protected 1st...or for Hield and and unprotected 1st...(just as an example).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, it'd require their being desperate (as in, missing on whoever their top targets are, getting concerned that they'll be without a secondary creator and talking themselves into DeRozan and him adapting his game to fit on a championship contender).

James and Davis wanted Harrell and Drummond last season, who were obviously going to be terrible fits.

We might be able to flip kuzma and/or Harrell as well... something like to sacto for Barnes and a protected 1st...or for Hield and and unprotected 1st...(just as an example).
    Can't imagine the Kings doing either, though the latter seems feasible with some protection.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, it'd require their being desperate (as in, missing on whoever their top targets are, getting concerned that they'll be without a secondary creator and talking themselves into DeRozan and him adapting his game to fit on a championship contender).

James and Davis wanted Harrell and Drummond last season, who were obviously going to be terrible fits.

Can't imagine the Kings doing either, though the latter seems feasible with some protection.
    I have no assumption of logical behavior from that Kjngs FO...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no assumption of logical behavior from that Kjngs FO...
    You do know it's a new regime though, right? Also, they drove a hard bargain on Barnes at the trade deadline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do know it's a new regime though, right? Also, they drove a hard bargain on Barnes at the trade deadline.
    I do...I also know that Ranadive is still the owner...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They want an established all star and picks. Spurs clearly dont have that currently
    but Ben just showed he isn't an established star so they just won't trade him I guess.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be so sweet! Then we have two 1st rounders - Two of Kai, Jalen Johnson and Murphy III. Yes!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Jarrett Allen, but we just watched the DPOY get played off the floor in the playoffs... why would you want to max out a lesser version? It makes no sense in the modern NBA. Save that money for shooters, swing players, shot creators, and switchable defenders. Finding a 6'11"/7' guy who plays some D isn't that difficult. The Spurs already have a bargain in Poeltl.
    Yes. If you watched the Jazz vs. Clippers. When Clippers play small, Gobert is no longer effective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to have Ben Simmons in SA as our PF, he could play point forward for us. Unfortunately, I saw his contract, and I want no part of that beast. He can keep his unhappy ass in Philthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. If you watched the Jazz vs. Clippers. When Clippers play small, Gobert is no longer effective.
    GS did the same thing to Capela a few years ago, when he was with Houston. You just don’t want to pay a rim roller/rim protector much money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to have Ben Simmons in SA as our PF, he could play point forward for us. Unfortunately, I saw his contract, and I want no part of that beast. He can keep his unhappy ass in Philthy
    He hates that role. Pouted the whole bubble last year, at least until he got hurt, and ultimately got Bret Brown fired.

Thread Information