Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry's last two years were an anomaly. Never believed it would last. All those long bombs were always dumb shots even if they went in. Sure he can go off here or there still, but video game mode is over.
    Dont jinx it tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That only works when you can "hide" IT on somebody else, like a smaller spot up shooter who can't really create their own shot. Otherwise, you're giving up a mismatch somewhere else.
    They managed to do it last season, for the most part(top 5 finish)..they are ranked 18th in defense, this season, though, due to injuries and Thomas being the worst defensive starter in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a PG, but whatever... (IT is the PG)
    He's a PG by nature, SG for the C's by necessity. Still runs some point when he's in and IT is on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Warriors hit everything against us and blow us by 30, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice close Celts.

Guys did WarriorRef rear it's ugly head this game?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They managed to do it last season, for the most part(top 5 finish)..they are ranked 18th in defense, this season, though, due to injuries and Thomas being the worst defensive starter in the NBA
    Pretty hard to not be a terrible NBA defender when you're roughly my height tbh.

Fortunately they have guys like Bradley, Jamison Crowder and Marcus Smart who pick up the slack pretty well but that doesn't always work against a team with scorers at all the 1-2-3 positions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice close Celts.

Guys did WarriorRef rear it's ugly head this game?
    Calls were surprisingly pro Celtic. Only about 10 or so fouls committed total by the Celtics all game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they'll definitely bring it on Saturday. They know what's at stake. Wouldn't be surprised if some of our guys laid an egg and we lost tbh. We SHOULD be fully prepared though. We know what's at stake as well. Most important game of the season and we have to have it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they'll definitely bring it in Saturday. They know what's at stake. Wouldn't be surprised insome of our guys laid an egg and we lost tbh. We SHOULD be fully prepared though. We know what's at stake as well.
    It's on our court. Best thing we should hope for is the Wolves give them all they can handle and more, maybe push them to OT, but the Warriors still win, because we want them to come in tired and satisfied, not tired but vengeful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean like we did to them on opening night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love if Minny at least made it a game. Just so it's not a blowout and the dubs couldn't rest their guys for a half or whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brad stevens is a top 2 coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this is the Curry we'll see for the rest of the season..it's the only way the Spurs would actually have a realistic shot at winning the le, tbh..

He's still a star player, but going from arguably the best 2-year peak for a PG in NBA history to just a star player is a substantial drop-off that alters the landscape of the league..
    If he continues to be like this, and given the Finals choke, is it safe to say it was just a fad? tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of emo fans on that ty GSW forum, reminds me of another board...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Curry will turn it on in the playoffs tbh. He may not be unconscious like he has been the last couple years, but he'll be better than he has been the last month or so. I'm definitely not counting him out yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but most of their fans have only gotten on the bandwagon in the last couple of seasons. They don't know about cliff-jumping over there. We've refined it to an art form.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Curry will turn it on in the playoffs tbh. He may not be unconscious like he has been the last couple years, but he'll be better than he has been the last month or so. I'm definitely not counting him out yet.
    Difference between this year and last is 30 made threes. That'd put his percentage back up around 45% and his ~59-60 eFG%. Might be though that he's already peaked and will still be great but not the unicorn he's been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fortunately they have guys like Bradley, Jamison Crowder and Marcus Smart ...
    Jamison plays for the Redskins, but whatever... (Jae Crowder plays for Boston)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this is the Curry we'll see for the rest of the season..it's the only way the Spurs would actually have a realistic shot at winning the le, tbh..

He's still a star player, but going from arguably the best 2-year peak for a PG in NBA history to just a star player is a substantial drop-off that alters the landscape of the league..
    yeah... i mean it was pretty unrealistic to expect him to maintain his 15-16 level of play (statistically one of the GOAT offensive regular seasons), but he's fallen below where he was in 14-15, too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great chance for the Spurs to catch them, or get really close, this week. They've been traveling a lot - from NY to Atlanta, then home and then Minny and SA on a back to back, they'll surely be tired. Their schedule for the rest of the season is incredibly easy though, bar the other Spurs game and a Houston game or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great chance for the Spurs to catch them, or get really close, this week. They've been traveling a lot - from NY to Atlanta, then home and then Minny and SA on a back to back, they'll surely be tired. Their schedule for the rest of the season is incredibly easy though, bar the other Spurs game and a Houston game or two.
    They still gotta play MEM, MIL, @ OKC , @DAL, WAS, UTA, and NO, none of which are cakewalks for them right now. Could see them dropping any of those potentially.
    Last edited by Robz4000; 03-09-2017 at 02:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    warriors are pathetic, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah... i mean it was pretty unrealistic to expect him to maintain his 15-16 level of play (statistically one of the GOAT offensive regular seasons), but he's fallen below where he was in 14-15, too
    I think we can just chalk it up to a down year. He's been inexplicably bad on the road this year, while his home numbers are about the same as past years. He's only 28, so I'd think he isn't on the decline yet, especially since he's not over reliant on athleticism.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs facing Houston and then GSW would make the most ing annoying playoffs ever.
    Add OKC to the 1st round and they'll need to save the refs' lives in order to get calls

This.

Thread Information