Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never felt like this before. Kawhi, Parker, Ginobili, Pop, Splitter, even Duncan, I am disgusted with this performance, I guess this team is satisfied with last year's championship. This is not the way a dynasty should end, but it looks like this is how it'll win. I said Spurs would win this series the entire time, never lost confidence, but it's over now. This team will not win game 7. Sorry to say it, but the Spurs will go out like this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili is done. No legs, but he`s not playing too much. Parker is also done, but he`s been playing heavy minutes, giving close to nothing in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chill, we're banged up. The Clippers are the third best NBA team this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh it. It's just basketball, plus they won last year. Disappointed in them is a better word imo.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have the better team.

Clips have the better coach.

Plain and simple

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will always love this team, due to 5... but it's hard not to admit we're playing stupid, disinterested basketball...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Clips have the better coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the bright side, Danny Green has become a lot cheaper to re-sign

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is unbelievable : there was no reason to not win this. It just follows the same pattern -- when they win a championship they are just not as hungry the next year -- mutliple missed FT's, dumb turnovers, defensive breakdowns, etc. What they did winning last year after losing in 2013 the way they did was probably more difficult than defending their le. But every time they win the le they never even reach the conference finals the next year (except I believe 2008).

This to me shows that they just plain become satisfied with winning then get the hunger 2 or more years later. I don't think there has ever been a team in sports history who has won this many les but can't defend it at least once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the bright side, Danny Green has become a lot cheaper to re-sign
    Resigning him would be a mistake. He's a system player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is unbelievable : there was no reason to not win this. It just follows the same pattern -- when they win a championship they are just not as hungry the next year -- mutliple missed FT's, dumb turnovers, defensive breakdowns, etc. What they did winning last year after losing in 2013 the way they did was probably more difficult than defending their le. But every time they win the le they never even reach the conference finals the next year (except I believe 2008).

This to me shows that they just plain become satisfied with winning then get the hunger 2 or more years later. I don't think there has ever been a team in sports history who has won this many les but can't defend it at least once.
    It's much harder to repeat. I think that lowers how good of a coach Pop till he learns how to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're right there with you. Comparing last year to this year is night and day.

Believe.
    My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    Here are the facts Spurs fans. Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker have nothing to prove. Therefor, nothing to play for. The early season injuries set them back in the standings, they fought back and lost to NO which put 'em in a hole for the seedings and quite frankley, at their age, with their accomplishments, looking at road games throughout the playoffs....their heart ain't in it. Simple as that. Their heart isn't in this. Tim Duncan has nothing to prove to anyone. Manu Ginobili has nothing to prove to anyone. None of them, really, have anything to prove till AFTER those people leave THEN, they will again, have something to prove and a new Spurs era will begin. But this ride is is more than likely over. But ..BUT...man, if they pull off this game 7 and go on and beat Houston... a tough in state road series and THEN go on to beat the Warriors on the road AGAIN ....then...wow...that would be un... ing...heard of....Clippers, Rox, Warriors ...without HCA. It's not gonna happen EVEN if they win game 7 Saturday.

Hey man, it was one of the greatest runs in NBA history. If not THE greatest. But this ain't happening.
    Last edited by ErnestLynch; 05-01-2015 at 12:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    such a generic thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh it. It's just basketball, plus they won last year. Disappointed in them is a better word imo.
    Yep.......

Believe.
    My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    You're disappointed....in a team that for 3 decades has taken you to the playoffs and for the most part, given you a shot in every one of them ?

And won 5 championships along the way.

Here's what Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker OWE you... "."

Nothing

They put this sleepy cowtown on the map. Were it not for them San Antonio would just be that place where the Alamo is. They don't owe you, you owe THEM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you gots need to get a life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're disappointed....in a team that for 3 decades has taken you to the playoffs and for the most part, given you a shot in every one of them ?

And won 5 championships along the way.

Here's what Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker OWE you... "."

Nothing

They put this sleepy cowtown on the map. Were it not for them San Antonio would just be that place where the Alamo is. They don't owe you, you owe THEM.
    Out of all the posts you point out a yep? I am not dissapointed in their body of work nor did I say that at all, damn proud of this team and always will be. Dissapointed in the outcome tonight and possibly this series as a fan, but that is about it. At the end of the day they got #5 and they gave us a of a run. Where did you get all of this out of a simple YEP? Good lord chill the out.

Believe.
    My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    Some of you gots need to get a life.
    Yet you are the one with the subliminal screen name, snakeboy. If you were 'gashlover69' you might get away with it but snakeboy isn't exactly a screen name to be calling out peoples sexuality, is it, got ?

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Resigning him would be a mistake. He's a system player.
    Can't dribble or lay the ball up

Believe.
    My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    Out of all the posts you point out a yep? I am not dissapointed in their body of work nor did I say that at all, damn proud of this team and always will be. Dissapointed in the outcome tonight and possibly this series as a fan, but that is about it. At the end of the day they got #5 and they gave us a of a run. Where did you get all of this out of a simple YEP? Good lord chill the out.
    You responded to the poster who said 'I'm disappointed in THEM'. You said 'yep'.

I'm not disappointed in them. The Clippers aren't garbage. I've been FAR more disappointed in them in series past when they were in their prime than this showing. And it's not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You responded to the poster who said 'I'm disappointed in THEM'. You said 'yep'.

I'm not disappointed in them. The Clippers aren't garbage. I've been FAR more disappointed in them in series past when they were in their prime than this showing. And it's not even close.
    I said yep because he said got #5 last year, what I was agreeing with there. I am not dissapointed in them at all man, they won in the end.. 5 les and longevity like NO OTHER. I agree the Clippers are game, they are the #3 seed for a reason and a good team. If they lose the series they do and at the end of the day love this team and what they gave us as fans, it's more than MOST will EVER SEE! I will watch game 7 whether it's the end or not, root them on and go down with the ship or move on to round two with them and support them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers just the more talanted team with 2 superstars and great role players, of cours younger and hungrier, eager to prove themselves... You can all thank Pop and R.C. for not bringing new addition to the team this year to improve our firepower and for Pop being arrogant all year and not taking seriously enough things he should have take, this is why we don't have right not enough to take us over the hump and why instead of going for back to back, losing in the first round...

Believe.
    My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    Sean: Agreed. My apologies. I get upset at any criticism of them. What they've done for this town cannot be measured.

Believe.
    My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    Clippers just the more talanted team with 2 superstars and great role players, of cours younger and hungrier, eager to prove themselves... You can all thank Pop and R.C. for not bringing new addition to the team this year to improve our firepower and for Pop being arrogant all year and not taking seriously enough things he should have take, this is why we don't have right not enough to take us over the hump and why instead of going for back to back, losing in the first round...

Come on man. We can 'thank Pop and RC' for this season ? Early injuries happen and we got beat down in the seedings and had to work our way out of a hole. It happens. You change a team that just blew out the two time defending champs with 3 straight trips to the finals and the greatest player on the planet ? You don't change a thing. Not...a thing. You roll with that. There were injuries. It happens.

Thread Information