Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a pretty good video on The Admiral's MVP season that I found on YouTube. I never get tired of reading about him or watching old games/clips of him. He's the reason I'm a Spurs fan.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff. Thanks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff. Thanks
    Not a problem.......always glad to share stuff about The Admiral.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting. I forgot how reliable his 10 ft jumper was. Such a shame that 1995 team didn't go all the way. Absolutely loaded with quality vets. Most wins ever outside the 2017 season.

I Love that highlight of him screaming "Yes! Yes! Good run" on a breakaway dunk. This man probably never swore in his career.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a pretty good video on The Admiral's MVP season that I found on YouTube. I never get tired of reading about him or watching old games/clips of him. He's the reason I'm a Spurs fan.

Even as a huge Robinson fan, I had forgotten how many spectacular highlight reel plays he had against Olajuwon and the Rockets. Today’s skewed media narrative makes it look like Hakeem always totally dominated him.
    Last edited by DRob_50; 02-13-2021 at 12:03 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even has a huge Robinson fan, I had forgotten how many spectacular highlight reel plays he had against Olajuwon and the Rockets. Today’s skewed media narrative makes it look like Hakeem always totally dominated him.
    Head to head record wise, the D-rob led Spurs have more wins over the Rockets by a large margin. It's that one series that has skewed everything.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Head to head record wise, the D-rob led Spurs have more wins over the Rockets by a large margin. It's that one series that has skewed everything.
    Very much so. It’s unfortunate because due to that series D-Rob often gets a raw deal whenever the pundits make head to head comparisons about the great centers of that era. Videos like this are a great reminder of how spectacular he was in his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it was the only series that really mattered.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even as a huge Robinson fan, I had forgotten how many spectacular highlight reel plays he had against Olajuwon and the Rockets. Today’s skewed media narrative makes it look like Hakeem always totally dominated him.
    Man, I can talk about that ALL DAY LONG!! Remember when The Admiral held The Dream to 6, yes......SIX points for an entire game?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even before Tim Duncan came along, The Admiral's head-to-head record vs The Dream was still 20-12.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I can talk about that ALL DAY LONG!! Remember when The Admiral held The Dream to 6, yes......SIX points for an entire game?
    That game was awesome! Back in the ‘92 season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That game was awesome! Back in the ‘92 season.
    Yes it was, and Hakeem went 2 of 13 from the floor that day and had 5 fouls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget that Dave used to make 1st team all NBA over Hakeem

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget that Dave used to make 1st team all NBA over Hakeem
    He also beat him in MVP voting in 7 of his first 10 seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He two major issues with Robinson:
    1) his guards suck. Avery Johnson, his best PG, was cut as a third string of supporting Hakeem. Twice.
    He also made one three pointer his entire playoff career on 16 attempts.
    Vinny del negro, he shouldn’t even come off the bench on a contender. Let alone a starter.

2) his game was too mid centric. Hakeem would draw the defense further in to open up space for his teammates. Robinson is about 15-20 feet away from the basket where he sets up. The defense can double or triple him but still recover when he passes out to an open teammate. But even if he got them spacing, they’d brick it. I mean. Del negro?

Thread Information