Page 39 of 95 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this covid shortened season even if he doesn't get bought out he only has 2 months till he's a free agent and his master of his own destiny

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But if they make a trade with Orlando or Washington, why can't they trade him there if that team agrees to buy him out before the trade goes down? If the Spurs discuss that with Aldridge before going through with such a trade, and he's fine with it to help the Spurs get something for him, why can't they do a trade like that? I don't think it's as bad as you're saying it will look.

I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as the Isaiah Thomas thing with the Celtics. I hope they never get another star free agent. How they traded Isaiah Thomas is a joke. He busted his ass the whole time he was there, and he pushed through the injury to play for them in the playoffs when he was looking at getting a max contract and it ruined his career and he lost of a lot of money. None of that is going to happen if the Spurs trade Aldridge to a bottom feeder if a buyout it agreed to before the trade goes down.
    Yeah comparing Thomas situation to LMA situation is like night and day I don't see any comparison to what Ainge did to us trying to do a trade for a player who requested it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don‘t see Presti desperate to unload Horford. He likely sees him as an asset and will wait to find someone to give him more rebuilding assets. Not saying it’s likely, but wouldn’t shock me to see him pull it off. He would want something from us.
    This is where I’m coming out. They’re not competing next year, so can just continue to pay Horford and then flip him as an expiring 18 months from now for a guy they actually want. By then, they’ll have a better idea of what their draft capital may bring in.

The only way I see a Horford-Aldridge deal working is if a third team comes into the mix who wants Aldridge and the Spurs get draft capital back both for Aldridge and taking on Horford’s money. Don’t think it’ll be that much though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way OKC trade Horford + Picks for LMA is if they are in the running for 2 - 3 max free agents next offseason. They have 60 mil in capspace next year even with Horfords salary. Do they need 90 milliion in capspace?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks in this thread have basically been looking at the Spurs as sellers, but would anyone be okay with the team including this year's first with some expirings looking to buy something? Back when it looked like the Spurs were going to pick in the lottery again, it didn't make sense to trade the pick. But honestly, I'm not sure how badly the team needs a guy picked in the 20s given the youth on the squad already. I don't see them as one reasonable piece from a le or anything. But it might be possible to get a long-term fit with the young guys and then use subsequent off-seasons or trades to try to take more steps.
    It depends what they are going to do with Derozan ultimately. I’d like them to be buyers for sure they need to be business savvy, look for any opportunities to grab someone with this deal. I am too casual atm to know who’s out there and would make sense but it could vary depending on whether they are looking to resign Derozan or not. Honestly it seems stupid to let Derozan sign elsewhere fir nothing in exchange so I am not sure what the Spurs are even doing with their rebuild. They tried to move him back last season and didn’t get any offers they liked and it’s hard to judge without having a plan for a rebuild anyway. If they just want to sign dejar back I’d definitely consider someone to complement this team they are very thin in the frontcourt, Gay is old and it’s shows already. He may very well be not far off from falling steeply off a cliff like LMA and Jakob is limited offensively. They need to start fishing for frontcourt talents and take a gamble on someone. I’d definitely support them being buyers. They obviously want to avoid the steep decline of a tank (and with the declining odds no need to bother as hard anyways.

The fact they want to do good by Aldridge (send him somewhere he wants limits their options though. Ultimately it seems like he will be bought out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not dumb, it's ing common sense, which is in short supply on this site.

The Celtics absolutely ed themselves with the way Ainge treated IT. He did everything they wanted, fought and played, and Ainge ed him royally and now no big free agents want to go there.

And that's a premiere franchise in the NBA. Ainge ed them because of how he ed Thomas. If the Spurs send LMA to ing Orlando or Washington or some other dumbass team with no prayer of the playoffs, then they're ing themselves. Not because of Aldridge but because other players will see how they're likely to get ed in the future.

This is so simple, I have no idea why it's a hard concept for the brainiacs on this board to understand. Holy .
    “Lamarcus, we’ve finalized a trade to (insert bad team)- they are buying out the remainder of the owed money on your contract and you are free to sign wherever you please”

Let me spell it out for you. This is a common thing in the NBA. The IT situation was Danny Ainge trading an injured player to an unwitting, stupid team who thought they could use him. Not a trade for an expiring contract they had no intention of playing.

youre equating this to a situation where Cleveland traded a franchise cornerstone for what they hoped to be their starting point guard going forward. You don’t understand the dynamic of a hypothetical here- which is the receiving team being a bad team only interested in shedding salary. LA’s value in this situation is not on court, it’s literally just numbers on a spread sheet.
    Last edited by PrimeMinister; 03-14-2021 at 10:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It won’t happen but the spurs really need to make a significant trade of some kind, people keep questioning pops rotations which I get, but the spurs have a complete log jam of players at the same position, we’re to guard & forward heavy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The San Antonio Spurs are not actively engaged in seeking out a trade for their best player, but that could change if both sides don’t work out an in-season extension leading up to the trade deadline. There is currently no dialogue on an extension, sources said. DeRozan is in the final year of a five-year, $139 million deal he signed in 2016. San Antonio could risk losing him in the offseason for nothing in return if an extension isn’t established and a trade doesn’t materialize.

via Chris Haynes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The San Antonio Spurs are not actively engaged in seeking out a trade for their best player, but that could change if both sides don’t work out an in-season extension leading up to the trade deadline. There is currently no dialogue on an extension, sources said. DeRozan is in the final year of a five-year, $139 million deal he signed in 2016. San Antonio could risk losing him in the offseason for nothing in return if an extension isn’t established and a trade doesn’t materialize.

via Chris Haynes
    1. I didn't know they could still work out an extension during the season.
    2. This tweet doesn't really say much. What a weird tweet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

via Chris Haynes
    Yes, I think you offer him two years at a certain amount. If he takes it, then you can hope to miss the playoffs this year and get a good lottery pick and then hopefully contend next year. If DDR says no, trade him if the right trade comes about, meaning young player(s) or first-round pick(s). Otherwise, just take the cap space. This team will lose like crazy with him gone, but that just means more lottery picks and a better chance to get a player that can help them contend again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch demar get traded before Aldridge smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t wanna trade demar I think we can beat the jazz nuggets blazers wirh demar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NBA TV @NBATV
    1m
    Marvin Bagley III suffered a fractured left hand and will undergo further evaluation in the coming days.

See if that impacts them in the trade market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a dumpster fire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. I didn't know they could still work out an extension during the season.
    2. This tweet doesn't really say much. What a weird tweet.
    Veterans have more la ude on extensions. Players on rookie contracts have a specific window that ends just before the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a dumpster fire
    Shouldn’t be surprising. Indy gave him his first real shot at being a key franchise piece, and he forced his way out if there. Houston misread the situation. They should have tried to flip him immediately. He’s not taking that team anywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these pussy ass stars and their en lement. God, I hate at least 95% of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldn’t be surprising. Indy gave him his first real shot at being a key franchise piece, and he forced his way out if there. Houston misread the situation. They should have tried to flip him immediately. He’s not taking that team anywhere.
    Spurs need to get him immediately. He is quite the tank commander. Demar is winning us too many games. Senile Pop thinking we are a piece from contending now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keith Smith @KeithSmithNBA
    21h
    The NBA trade deadline is right around the corner. Each year teams are categorized as buyers, sellers, either or neither. For @YahooSportsNBA I covered where each team is slotted 10 days out from the deadline. sports.yahoo.com/nba-buyers-and…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri Markkanen anyone? Bulls may not want to pay him. Cost is precious future draft picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri Markkanen anyone? Bulls may not want to pay him. Cost is precious future draft picks.
    If I could get him for a 1st I'd be ok with it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these pussy ass stars and their en lement. God, I hate at least 95% of the league.
    It's ridiculous tbh, just a garbage product the league is putting out there now because of these guys

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I could get him for a 1st I'd be ok with it

Same.

I'd give up a future 1st or this years even for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a dumpster fire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, RC_Drunkford

No Myles Turner for you.

"The New York Knicks, L.A. Lakers, L.A. Clippers, Charlotte Hornets and New Orleans Pelicans are among those who have explored whether the Pacers are willing to part with the league's leading shot-blocker, league sources tell IndyStar. "

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...se/4707895001/

"If there's a move to be made, league sources tell IndyStar, the Pacers aren't shopping Turner."

Thread Information