Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets would never do that.

Do you think they would for a LAL swap and our CHA pick?

I’d want an unprotected 2027 MIN pick and the two LAL unprotected picks. I feel confident that AT LEAST one of the Lakers, Minnesota, & Atlanta picks would be very high by then. I’ll probably do a deep dive next into their draft history and see how many years at least one of them was a bottom 5-7 team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leave it up to inept and farcical Spurs front office to make the worst possible move. For Brick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reality is that the primaries involved, the LAL and BKN, can’t get this done, mainly LA. They need to offload Russ’s $47M contract, and s out assets for Kyrie, and they can’t. It doesn’t matter what other teams you involve, the fundamental imbalance remains. Either BKN gets short changed, or some other team is paying the Lakers bill, which isn’t going to happen.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i don't want kyrie to go to the lakers but russ on the spurs would be awesome

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reality is that the primaries involved, the LAL and BKN, can’t get this done, mainly LA. They need to offload Russ’s $47M contract, and s out assets for Kyrie, and they can’t. It doesn’t matter what other teams you involve, the fundamental imbalance remains. Either BKN gets short changed, or some other team is paying the Lakers bill, which isn’t going to happen.
    That's why I think any deal will involve 4 teams where the Spurs absorb WB's contract, the 4th team gets Irving and gives up assets, and the Lakers accept just getting players that are more useful that WB (almost anyone) rather than Irving.

Irving is a FA next summer anyway, and if LeBron walks they could sign him outright. Or do they not have enough room?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leave it up to inept and farcical Spurs front office to make the worst possible move. For Brick
    You do realize that just because it is posted here...doesn't make it true, right?

Come on Doc, you've been round long enough...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I think any deal will involve 4 teams where the Spurs absorb WB's contract, the 4th team gets Irving and gives up assets, and the Lakers accept just getting players that are more useful that WB (almost anyone) rather than Irving.

Irving is a FA next summer anyway, and if LeBron walks they could sign him outright. Or do they not have enough room?
    Lakers want Irving. Doubt they have any interest without getting him.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i really, really don't wanna help the lakers.

but every spurs fan should be on board with westbrook to the spurs.

it's not like they're offering him a supermax contract.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    ginobili could help coach russ too. help him be a little more under control.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    russ will $ell tickets, bounce back and be an MVP candidate. as long as the spurs roster isn't total garbage...

some of y'all still wanna be in playoffs. best case scenario: the spurs make it. worse case: russ plays bad and the spurs get a decent draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even if Russ stays in LA and walks next summer, they don’t have any cap room to sign Kyrie. We don’t accept any trades that don’t involve two unprotected Laker picks, and LA doesn’t accept any trade that doesn’t land Kyrie.

There’s no way to make the trade work with 3 teams, 4 teams or 5 teams, because it’s fundamentally unbalanced. LA just doesn’t have the assets to pull it off. They need to send heavy assets in two directions, and they can’t with only 2 FRPs and one swap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its funny how the fakers don't want to pay Russ any more, but they sure as want us to pay him. They should have thought about fit before they signed him. I just can't believe a few future draft picks ( if we get them) are worth 40 plus million dollars in salary which we will just eat and then some other team will sign brick for peanuts. Makes no sense even if you're desperate. We'll be bad next year, but not bad enough to be that desperate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    russ will $ell tickets, bounce back and be an MVP candidate. as long as the spurs roster isn't total garbage...

some of y'all still wanna be in playoffs. best case scenario: the spurs make it. worse case: russ plays bad and the spurs get a decent draft pick.
    Harlem is this your alt account?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ginobili could help coach russ too. help him be a little more under control.

If they pull off a miracle and figure out a way to do this trade, Russ will be bought out. He’s a ball hog and a Diva, and would stunt the growth of our young players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well... I think there could be a framework for us to get in that trade, but we'd have to send out quite a few players...
    Something like:
    SA: In: Westbrook, picks - Out: McDermott, Poeltl, Richardson, KBD
    LA - In: Irving, McDermott - Out: Westbrook, picks
    BKN: - In: Poeltl, Richardson, KDB, picks - Out: Irving
    Now before you say Brooklyn doesn't need Poeltl, I'm simply laying a general framework where we could be involved... Probably it'd require some team that could use Poeltl giving something up that the Nets need (Chicago? Toronto? Utah?). But the overall salary structure works.
    I don't think the Nets would require all that much in terms of picks compensation for 1 year worth of Kyrie, he's a distraction and his market is reduced to one team. So probably one unprotected from LA plus something else.. maybe an unprotected 1st from LA plus whatever a 4th team that wants Poeltl can give them.
    Basically for us, we take on about 10M worth of salary (which leaves plenty of room to facilitate other trades) and we get out of McDermott's remaining contract. Richardson is unlikely to command a 1st in return so he's the price for moving McDermott (maybe a couple second rounders on top) and trading Poeltl embraces the rebuild. As compensation we get maybe Philly's 2023 1st (owned by Brooklyn) and an unprotected pic from LA, plus ridding ourselves of McDermott now.

Now I'm not saying this is an easy or likely scenario, but it's a working scenario that, give or take a few picks could be a reasonable middle ground for all parties.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Russ stays in LA and walks next summer, they don’t have any cap room to sign Kyrie. We don’t accept any trades that don’t involve two unprotected Laker picks, and LA doesn’t accept any trade that doesn’t land Kyrie.

There’s no way to make the trade work with 3 teams, 4 teams or 5 teams, because it’s fundamentally unbalanced. LA just doesn’t have the assets to pull it off. They need to send heavy assets in two directions, and they can’t with only 2 FRPs and one swap.
    Could you speculate the hold-out on Poeltl? Per timvp, the FO was shopping Poeltl hard. There’s a rumor of a Turner/Ayton swap. And BKN does not seem to want Ayton. So Poeltl to Suns might not be it. CHA, on the otherhand, still needs a Center if they want Melo to hang-around. And Utah could use a replacement for Gobert. Do you think Poeltl will be moved before the openning of the season or towards trade deadline. Personally, I want to see Sochan play along side Poeltl and maybe Sugus was right about Poeltl only needing a good size PF to plug the 4.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get New Oleans in as the fourth team

Pelicans get:Westbrook and Poeltl

Lakers get: Irving

Spurs get: Jaxson Hayes and Pelicans 1st round swap pick with the lakers in 2023 and either 1st round 2024 pick or 2025 from Lakers via Pelicans whichever spurs decide and from Lakers 2028 1st round pick, so Spurs get three first round picks and Jaxson Hayes

Nets get: Lakers 1st in 2026 and Pelicans 1st in 2025 and from Pelicans: Valunciunas, Graham, Nance Jr. and Alvarado and from SA: K Johnson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of this is awful.
    Just terrible.
    I don't even get it.

No. No Russ.
    No BS picks a ton of years later.
    No bailing out the Lakers.
    No trading away even more players that can traded in and of themselves for assets.

All of this is stupid.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Harlem is this your alt account?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If they pull off a miracle and figure out a way to do this trade, Russ will be bought out.
    i would hate that. spurs kept rj, tony, demar around.

one year of russ won't be that bad. y'all would love learn to love him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would hate that. spurs kept rj, tony, demar around.

one year of russ won't be that bad. y'all would love learn to love him.
    We’re not a championship team any more. We’re not a playoff team any more. I doubt he’d even WANT to stay through a rebuilding year. He’d also re the progress of our youngsters.

BTW, I’d never learn to love him, or even like him. He’s a low IQ ball hog diva who would do terribly on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers need at least 4 first round picks to make this deal happen. They only got 2. It's not happening. Poeltl and J-Rich are worth a first round pick each by themselves and Brooklyn is not gonna take a pile of garbage for Irving. End of story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers need at least 4 first round picks to make this deal happen. They only got 2. It's not happening. Poeltl and J-Rich are worth a first round pick each by themselves and Brooklyn is not gonna take a pile of garbage for Irving. End of story
    Only way I see something of this structure getting done is if Kyrie absolutely strong arms his way to LA and BK has KD committed to playing for them so they look to salvage next year versus having Kyrie sit out again with Russ committing to BK after being waived by the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way I see something of this structure getting done is if Kyrie absolutely strong arms his way to LA and BK has KD committed to playing for them so they look to salvage next year versus having Kyrie sit out again with Russ committing to BK after being waived by the Spurs.
    The Nets don’t want Russ. If they did, they could just do the straight deal with the Lakers.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when you were constantly telling us how great he was a couple of years ago?

Thread Information