Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1624
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duarte, Trey Murphy, Moses Moody, Sengun, Mann, are all better players than Primo. Perhaps Primo will catch up, but they’re clearly better right now. If it stays that way then the Primo pick will be another major draft screwup just a couple years after their last one.

And the relevant question isn’t whether those other players would have helped the Spurs. The question is whether those other players are better assets. And yes, all of them are better assets than primo right now. Hopefully he improves significantly
    Isaiah Jackson and Ayo Dosunmu are also better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before beating up Josh anymore, we should at least give him the same time it took DJM to turn the corner, but also understand that DJM, while young, played on better teams. You may hate LMA and DDR, but they are better than what we will have next year on the roster given we are in tank mode. But Primo should get at least 3, if not 4 years to show if he belongs. But yes, it would be nice if we had a 19-year old Kobe. We don't. But he needs to at least be 21 to have an idea if he can become something relevant in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the night Primo was drafted Wright said the Spurs envisioned him playing point guard “SOMETIMES.” They viewed him as a combo type.

There are posters here who only ever caught the “point guard” phrase and they have, as usual, gone bat insane about it.

As far as I know, the Spurs view is still the same. A combo, who might play point SOMETIMES.
    Nope. BEFORE THIS DRAFT and before trading Dejounte, timvp said something along the lines of Spurs view Primo as their PG of the future. So quite frankly, you can take this analysis and throw it out the window.

Posters aren't going bat . Pop is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classic foolishness……

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my gosh……… you guys are joking right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classic foolishness……
    Yes, like Pop being convinced he'd found the next little Steph Curry in Bryn Forbes and started him for basically an entire year. He's going to delusional his way in a similar way if he tries to make Primo something he's not...a PG.

Jesus H, this isn't rocket science. An undrafted Mac McClung far outplayed him at the PG position. And watch Golden State turn him into a of a bench PG. While Pop turns Primo into a s of himself by making him play somewhere he doesn't belong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasted lotto pick on a second rounder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duarte, Trey Murphy, Moses Moody, Sengun, Mann, are all better players than Primo. Perhaps Primo will catch up, but they’re clearly better right now. If it stays that way then the Primo pick will be another major draft screwup just a couple years after their last one.

I have to disagree with the word “major.” A major screwup would be if they missed the superstar they need, by drafting Primo. That does not appear to be the case.

Merely having a better player does the Spurs no good now. They might be assured of winning 35 games, maybe even a few more. But in terms of the draft that’s a bad place to be.

The NBA offers hope for teams in two situations:

1). The ones who have a franchise player.

2). The ones that are bad, so they have a decent chance to land a franchise player in the draft.

In between is the worst place to be. The mediocre teams are stuck on the treadmill, not good enough to challenge for the le, but not bad enough to draft a game-changing player - unless they get more lucky than anybody has a right to expect.

The Spurs wouldn’t benefit by just having a player “better than Primo.”

And the relevant question isn’t whether those other players would have helped the Spurs. The question is whether those other players are better assets. And yes, all of them are better assets than primo right now. Hopefully he improves significantly

Assets, well, if you’re only snagging players who should be good enough to trade for draft picks, in three or four years, how long is that process going to go on?

About Primo, I hope he doesn’t improve. Since he gives no sign of being the franchise player we need, I hope he turns into total rubbish, so as they keep trying to play him, the team doesn’t even win 20 games. Whether we can get Wemby or not, still, gimme that high draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yep. That “SOMETIMES” is from a quote by Brian Wright, speaking to the media, on the night Primo was drafted.

But feel free to ignore it and continue to go all bat loopy. Doesn’t really matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per TIMVP

"Furthermore, I can’t emphasize enough how much the Spurs believe in Joshua Primo’s potential. Multiple individuals employed by the Spurs say the franchise views Primo’s ultimate position to be point guard and that he’s exhibiting extreme work ethic and has made notable strides already this offseason. If the Spurs have a franchise player already on the roster, these Spurs insiders believe it’ll end up being Primo."

thstahpp being a meanie to my Primo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per TIMVP

"Furthermore, I can’t emphasize enough how much the Spurs believe in Joshua Primo’s potential. Multiple individuals employed by the Spurs say the franchise views Primo’s ultimate position to be point guard and that he’s exhibiting extreme work ethic and has made notable strides already this offseason. If the Spurs have a franchise player already on the roster, these Spurs insiders believe it’ll end up being Primo."

damn this front office is on heavy drugs

a franchise player who can't dominate in summer league. WTF are they smoking? Crack?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn this front office is on heavy drugs

a franchise player who can't dominate in summer league. WTF are they smoking? Crack?
    Not surprised why Chip wants out from this dumpster fire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per TIMVP

If that’s how the PATFO sees Primo, then I would go by that. I believe the PATFO as better judge of talent than anybody poster in ST.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that’s how the PATFO sees Primo, then I would go by that. I believe the PATFO as better judge of talent than anybody poster in ST.
    ^this . You boys are hilarious!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last years lotto is this years second rounder is next years free agent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy they sure nailed that Luka Samanic pick, the Demarre Carrol signing, the Marcus Morris almost-signing, etc... didn't they?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy they sure nailed that Luka Samanic pick, the Demarre Carrol signing, the Marcus Morris almost-signing, etc... didn't they?
    Brother, take a break.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not ready to write this guy off entirely yet, but his in-ability to come out of cruise control and get past his man is concerning right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summer league team better with Covid Primo
    What a lotto pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crickets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per TIMVP

Yup, that was the quote I was referencing. Thanks for tracking it down. Was too lazy even when people are saying it isn't the position of Spurs to make him their PG of the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO once thought Forbes was their version of Steph. Just no. They've blown numerous picks lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You must be fun at parties

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs front office think Primo will be a franchise player they need to be replaced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember that Summer League year (I think it was the year after Becky led them to the le and Fat Head and JSimmons won co-MVPs)...when Murray was getting hyped up so hard by the franchise and he himself was talking so much about how it was his time to lead/take over in Summer League.

Then he ing sucked, so much so that the Spurs held him out of games because it was cringy how awful he looked after getting hyped up so much?

Thread Information