Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been saying this here forever, the media is always late with these takes

I won't elaborate much more, though, since the feds are on alert, disguising my IP here isn't sufficient..in regards to criticism, there are 3 pro athletes that cause White people to get DEEPLY offended: Michael Jordan, Peyton Manning and Larry Bird..I've learned my lesson in the past..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not even gonna make this argument because i can see SOME of yall are race baiting and secondly I dont have to.

All the lists you niccas point to that have Duncan and Lebron over Achilles also have Magic over Bird.
    Either those lists you used to buffer your duncan arguments are legit or horse but you sure were enjoying Bean at 12 ...
    lol race baiting.

Now, I don't have time but later I will explain you with facts why Bird is better.
    Last edited by DAF86; 12-06-2018 at 08:36 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've been saying this here forever, the media is always late with these takes

I won't elaborate much more, though, since the feds are on alert, disguising my IP here isn't sufficient..in regards to criticism, there are 3 pro athletes that cause White people to get DEEPLY offended: Michael Jordan, Peyton Manning and Larry Bird..I've learned my lesson in the past..
    LeBron too if you buy KD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird could do anything Magic did, plus shoot at elite levels and don't be a complete traffic cone on D. There's literally no point to make to have Magic over Bird.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bird's skill set would not translate to today's game at all. if you've played basketball you would understand the argument. watch game tape of bird play, how he dribbles, how he shoots, foot work, maneuverability, etc and compare it to players today it's not even comparable. the game's mechanics have evolved greatly because of the improvements in phsyciality, speed, and athleticism. the moves and the shots that bird would be equipped with would not work against today' comp. bird would have to completely redefine how he would handle and shoot the ball to play in today's league.

bird for the time he was playing was an elite and another cog in the transformation of the game and suitable for his era. however for today? not so much
    Bird would be perfect for tsays NBA

Ehlo would be the equivalent of Klay Thompson tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Bird would be able to readapt his technique.

Didn’t he injure his wrist early in his career and had to tweak his shooting technique?
    Worked out pretty well for him ybh

He also played with a ed up back for a good part of his career.
    Adjusted pretty well

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Imagine hyping up a white American player who played against plumbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

imagine mark price in this era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i disagree for my aforementioned reasons

And Bird would be able to readapt his technique.

Didn’t he injure his wrist early in his career and had to tweak his shooting technique?
    Worked out pretty well for him ybh

He also played with a ed up back for a good part of his career.
    Adjusted pretty well
    he was able to do that given the landscape of the league at that current time and he was a savant in his era. just because he did that back then is not proof or anything of meaning that he could hang in today's league.

if i played back in the 50/60's i'd be considered an all time great for that era. not because i would be more athletic but because my skills and moveset would be so much mroe advanced.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is racism allowed for black folks? Do you imagine a former white baseball scrub saying Jackie Robinson wasn't a transformational player?

Bird is easily a top 5 player of all-time. Dude could shoot, pass, rebound, dribble. The complete package. He was easily better than Magic, tbh.
    I'd argue the opposite, but since you perceive it to be so, chalk it up to being of the perks for being treated anywhere from second class citizens to vermin throughout history.

Jackson not bowing down to your white god doesn't automatically make him a racist. I don't see the white media (that's supposed to at least pretend to be unbiased) chastised for openly cheerleading for Doncic and Jokic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine mark price in this era
    He would be MVP candidate every year tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i disagree for my aforementioned reasons

he was able to do that given the landscape of the league at that current time and he was a savant in his era. just because he did that back then is not proof or anything of meaning that he could hang in today's league.

if i played back in the 50/60's i'd be considered an all time great for that era. not because i would be more athletic but because my skills and moveset would be so much mroe advanced.
    That’s not how it works there is no time travel machine

If Bird played today he would have benefited from a different system , nutrition, training , etc etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb video is dumb

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Jim Jackson play for 27 nba teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd argue the opposite, but since you perceive it to be so, chalk it up to being of the perks for being treated anywhere from second class citizens to vermin throughout history.

Jackson not bowing down to your white god doesn't automatically make him a racist. I don't see the white media (that's supposed to at least pretend to be unbiased) chastised for openly cheerleading for Doncic and Jokic.
    Dude, I couldn't give less of a about Bird. I'm also well outside the black/white war. I just call it like I see it. If some no name red neck would say anything like that about a black icon, he would get called a racist and be bullied out of his job.

I understand the history, but at some point you gotta get past that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Transformational

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not even gonna make this argument because i can see SOME of yall are race baiting and secondly I dont have to.

All the lists you niccas point to that have Duncan and Lebron over Achilles also have Magic over Bird.
    Either those lists you used to buffer your duncan arguments are legit or horse but you sure were enjoying Bean at 12 ...
    Bird: 24.3 ppg - 10 rpg - 6.3 apg - 0.8 bpg - 1.7 spg - 50 FG% - 38 3pt % - 7.2 bpm - 79.7 VORP

Magic: 19.4 ppg - 7.2 rpg - 11.2 apg - 0.2 bpg - 1.9 spg - 52 FG% - 30 3pt% - 7.2 bpm - 77.4 VORP

Most categories favour Bird. Also, if you look at defensive metrics, Bird also has Magic beat. There's just no argument to say Magic was better. They are more or less the same player with Bird having an abysmal advantage on the most important aspect in basketball: shooting.

If someone were to draft these players today, you would be a fool to take Magic over Bird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird: 24.3 ppg - 10 rpg - 6.3 apg - 0.8 bpg - 1.7 spg - 50 FG% - 38 3pt % - 7.2 bpm - 79.7 VORP

Magic: 19.4 ppg - 7.2 rpg - 11.2 apg - 0.2 bpg - 1.9 spg - 52 FG% - 30 3pt% - 7.2 bpm - 77.4 VORP

Most categories favour Bird. Also, if you look at defensive metrics, Bird also has Magic beat. There's just no argument to say Magic was better. They are more or less the same player with Bird having an abysmal advantage on the most important aspect in basketball: shooting.

If someone were to draft these players today, you would be a fool to take Magic over Bird.
    Lakers Stern bogus foul calls awarded:
    Magic: No calculator big enough to total.

gots stats would drop by 20% if he was made to play like non Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a buch of stupid mother ers

Bird was a big dude and had a crazy jumpshot. Better than 95% of todays nigas

Can u imagine him in todays game where you cant even breathe on a shooter?

This mother er bird would dominate this got ass game of today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This niga gets it

todays got nba where you cant even sneeze on a mother er without fouling out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another player who would obliterate this ladyboy league f today is Mugsy Bogues

Remember, you cannot even bat an eyelash on a player without getting a flagrant 1 in this league

Remember, that skill-less pathetic midget from the celtics Isiah Thomas was dominating cuple years ago

Mugsy would be hands down MVP in todays made league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, I couldn't give less of a about Bird. I'm also well outside the black/white war. I just call it like I see it. If some no name red neck would say anything like that about a black icon, he would get called a racist and be bullied out of his job.

I understand the history, but at some point you gotta get past that.
    I have no contention with this and agree with it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not how it works there is no time travel machine

If Bird played today he would have benefited from a different system , nutrition, training , etc etc
    So that completely derails the main point because if bird were to benefit from all that then that is not the bird we know and are talking about that’s a completely different player/en y/person altogether that has never existed before and therefore a comparison or hypothetical cannot be made. But even if bird grew up in this era scouts would not be looking at him in HS or college because of all the freak athletes he would have to compete with he’d be drowned out

I was under the assumption that the scenario is you put prime 1980s Larry Bird into the contemporary NBA and my assertion is that his skill set would not translate well into today’s game And would basically suck
    Last edited by E20; 12-06-2018 at 10:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his era, Tim was more physically equipped at 7’ 260lb to carry his franchise despite having an arguably worse supporting cast (during his early years 00-03). He demonstrated he could truly carry his team to rings, in a small market without huge favoritism that comes along with the Boston/LA/NYC/arguably Chicago markets. The league wasn’t that interested in making a team from SA it’s banner team, and those finals had low ratings. But Duncan was that much better than the compe ion that it worked, despite having supporting casts with guys like this nd of career Steve Smith, end of career post cancer Sean Elliott, end of career back problems DRob, end of career Terry Porter etc. those guys don’t compare to McHale, Parrish and co, all of which Bird had to help shoulder the load.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at all these arguments about how much more superior athletically today’s nba players are when guys like curry and Durant are dominating the league. When Thompson is some sort of mad player and Draymond green is some lynchpin to a dynasty. , how athletic is Kawhi? Harden? Doncic? Jokic? Lillard?

The only players who are exceptionally athletic and dominating the league are Lebron, Westbrook and Davis. And westbrrom is the only one out of the three who is putting up great numbers strictly because of his athleticism. And his teams generally suck.

Thread Information