Page 89 of 171 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy... people are just angry and weird in and around sports forums.
    I don't get it, but whatever floats your boats.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman played 39 games for GSW last year (all but about 6 of which he played as a teenager).

Although he played only 21.4 minutes a game, he averaged 11.5 points, at 51.5% shooting, 5.8 rebounds and 0.9 blocks.

I fail to see the impending disaster.
    Counting stats without context in '21 . . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs finally have the flexibility to be players in fa and trades. Lets see what brian wright and co. Can cook up
    We haven’t been in this position for a long time.....I’m excited too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unfortunate that people right off rookies after one year, especially one as raw as James Wiseman.
    Even Luka Samanic was declared a bust when he hadn't shown enough in Pre-season games (Start of his 2nd yr btw).

Yes, GS played considerably better w/o him on the floor but that's not to say that will continue long term.

He showed flashes, a workable blueprint/archetype to receive minutes and think he'll be better as a result of his experiences through his rookie year.

We can question his basketball a en and his potential as a star, but I think the "character" hit pieces are off the mark.
    Woj's sit down interview with him from Feb 2020 was very enlightening to what kind of guy James Wiseman is.

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/...g-memphis-saga

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs future sf baaaby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unfortunate that people right off rookies after one year, especially one as raw as James Wiseman.
    Even Luka Samanic was declared a bust when he hadn't shown enough in Pre-season games (Start of his 2nd yr btw).

Yes, GS played considerably better w/o him on the floor but that's not to say that will continue long term.

He showed flashes, a workable blueprint/archetype to receive minutes and think he'll be better as a result of his experiences through his rookie year.

We can question his basketball a en and his potential as a star, but I think the "character" hit pieces are off the mark.
    Woj's sit down interview with him from Feb 2020 was very enlightening to what kind of guy James Wiseman is.

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/...g-memphis-saga
    Best thing to happen to the Warriors last year was Wiseman getting hurt. They're desperate to dump him.

He was smart to shut himself down in college. Completely hid the fact that he doesn't know how to play basketball. No way he'd be drafted #2 with a do-over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs future sf baaaby!
    I don’t see the Kings passing him up, unfortunately. I tried to convince myself that there is someone else who is a better fit for the Kings, but I cannot find anyone. If not the Kings, then the Magic.

Franz’ build reminds me of Kawhi’s. He looks like he has really long arms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being fast or athletic or a freak is nothing without a high BBIQ. Might as well draft a deer otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see the Kings passing him up, unfortunately. I tried to convince myself that there is someone else who is a better fit for the Kings, but I cannot find anyone. If not the Kings, then the Magic.

Franz’ build reminds me of Kawhi’s. He looks like he has really long arms.

Kings make lots of mistakes, despite hitting with Halliburton last year. I can see Wagner drifting out of the top 10, as he's not perceived as having a star's ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings make lots of mistakes, despite hitting with Halliburton last year. I can see Wagner drifting out of the top 10, as he's not perceived as having a star's ceiling.
    Kings were making mistakes before Monte McNair came along in Sept 2020. McNair’s background is in sports analytics, and worked under Daryl Morey in Houston. Wagner shines in all advanced metrics. It’s a done deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being fast or athletic or a freak is nothing without a high BBIQ. Might as well draft a deer otherwise.
    Not advocating for drafting a low IQ player but Dwight Howard, for example, was a star in his prime, a future HOF'er and I would say his BBIQ is extremely low.

The best who have ever done it clearly have the IQ but you can still play this game by being an extreme athlete and focusing on certain aspects of your craft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not advocating for drafting a low IQ player but Dwight Howard, for example, was a star in his prime, a future HOF'er and I would say his BBIQ is extremely low.

The best who have ever done it clearly have the IQ but you can still play this game by being an extreme athlete and focusing on certain aspects of your craft.
    Some players can have a great career just putting up shots on some teams, others just playing defense. And those can be okay, but with the 12th pick I'd want one that can contribute to the beautiful game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do wiseman and that 7th pick for Derozen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you would immediately be named Executive of the Year (even though the year hasn't yet happened).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/8-players-w...152905321.html

8 players who improved their 2021 NBA draft stock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sixers could want DDR for Simmons where Wiggins goes to Spurs. Unfortunately it'll have to happen after the draft when DDR can officially speak to teams.

But I can see DDR and Wiseman going to Sixers. Simmons to warriors with future 1st. Wiggins and one of warriors draftees to Spurs. The Sixers flip Wiseman for a shooter and then sign Lowry.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...ottery-combine

Post combine mock, a lot of movement due to more a lot of intel coming in.

- Barnes ahead of Kuminga
    - Bouknight and Giddey cracking the top 10.
    - Jalen Johnson at 12.
    - Kai Jones cracks lottery.
    - Sengun and Moody outside of the lottery.
    - Promise? Duarte LAL at 22 , Jackson WAS at 15
    - Trey Murphy III late riser might be in our range in a couple of weeks
    - Thor, Primo, Bones, Grimes in 1st round
    - McBride, Abmas, Bassey, Desonmu out
    - NO pick at 10 is gettable

Our wing selection is Franz, Jalen, Kispert, Moody and maybe Trey Murphy and JT Thor
    Last edited by rankingtear; 06-29-2021 at 09:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    !requestupdate bluebellmaniac

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just out of curiosity for the the people wanting Franz Wagner…. I wouldn’t mind him tbh but, don’t y’all think he’s kind of identical to what the spurs should have in Luka? Like would they really draft another guy that kind of has the same abilities when they’re trying to develop one already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just out of curiosity for the the people wanting Franz Wagner…. I wouldn’t mind him tbh but, don’t y’all think he’s kind of identical to what the spurs should have in Luka? Like would they really draft another guy that kind of has the same abilities when they’re trying to develop one already
    Other than the skin color I don't think they play the same at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 Days until the Draft!

Hooyah!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...ottery-combine

Post combine mock, a lot of movement due to more a lot of intel coming in.

- Barnes ahead of Kuminga
    - Bouknight and Giddey cracking the top 10.
    - Jalen Johnson at 12.
    - Kai Jones cracks lottery.
    - Sengun and Moody outside of the lottery.
    - Promise? Duarte LAL at 22 , Jackson WAS at 15
    - Trey Murphy III late riser might be in our range in a couple of weeks
    - Thor, Primo, Bones, Grimes in 1st round
    - McBride, Abmas, Bassey, Desonmu out
    - NO pick at 10 is gettable

Our wing selection is Franz, Jalen, Kispert, Moody and maybe Trey Murphy and JT Thor
    Kuminga has shades of Gerald Green to me. Green was able to stick in the league for a long time, but he was just an athlete that learned how to play enough to last. Athleticism is not knowing how to play basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The comp I like most for Wagner is Andrei Kirilenko... Positive impact on both offensive & defensive sides with a relatively low usage rate, so more a well rounded glue guy than a #1 option. In college, advanced stats loved Wagner, as they did Kirilenko-- I haven't seen that from Samanic at all in any capacity. The one slight fear I have for Wagner after watching more tape on him is that a lot of his three point misses seem to be pretty bad misses, clanking off the front rim or being completely misaligned, so projections of him becoming a better than average three point shooter might be exaggerated, though his good FT% works in his favor. I think Franz is ideally a tall SG or a SF, whereas Luka is likely a PF who can maybe log some SF or C minutes.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 06-29-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Thread Information