My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no way this deal is 2 years or more right
    Whew

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't put it past this front office to give him a multi year deal after this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spotrac now has Forbes' contract exactly as I stated (one-year, $4.5 million). So unless their source is my post, we can be confident that's the actual contract

It's a weird deal because they didn't give him the whole exception but didn't leave a notable amount behind. And usually there is a player or team option when teams use this exception.

Overall, though, I'm happy because this really could just be a one year rental where the Spurs bring him in for the season for veteran leadership purposes. prayingdog.jpg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the possible scoop, timvp!
    Yeah, I'm waiting for one more source other than Spotrac to confirm it before I 100% believe it. I'm a little su ious about Spotrac's figure being exactly $4.5 million but maybe that's what it is.

I don't recall the Spurs doing this before. Signing a vet to a 1-yr deal. I'm not complaining in this case.
    A non-minimum one-year deal for a veteran? Hmmm, yeah I can't think of an example off the top of my head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good on Smitty for actually breaking the numbers, even if we kinda knew before that.
    He's just reposting Spotrac's numbers, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah ... after further digging, it really is a $4.5 million, one-year contract for Forbes.

The Spurs now have $400,000 from the Room MLE left over that they can do ..... nothing with, AFAIK. I can't think of a scenario where they can even spend that money.

Chinook's theory that the Spurs offered Forbes this contract before they knew whether they'd use cap space or the Room MLE is really the only thing that makes sense, tbh. Perhaps that Hutchinson trade came out of left field and was too good to pass up and it was better than whatever the Spurs had planned to do with the Room MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah ... after further digging, it really is a $4.5 million, one-year contract for Forbes.

The Spurs now have $400,000 from the Room MLE left over that they can do ..... nothing with, AFAIK. I can't think of a scenario where they can even spend that money.

Chinook's theory that the Spurs offered Forbes this contract before they knew whether they'd use cap space or the Room MLE is really the only thing that makes sense, tbh. Perhaps that Hutchinson trade came out of left field and was too good to pass up and it was better than whatever the Spurs had planned to do with the Room MLE.
    Well I guess we know who our starting 2 is. ����#♂️

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's just reposting Spotrac's numbers, right?
    Yeah, he's not reporting different numbers. But I am more giving him credit for actually tweeting it out. That makes it "official" so to speak.

But yeah, I could imagine the Spurs wanting to hold onto the ability to hand someone a $10M/2 deal but thought Hutch and a decent second made more sense. Do you have any sense of if the Spurs are going to give Chandler a real shake in camp or if like exstatic says, they're basically planning on waiving him no matter what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether they paid him 4m, 14m or min wage isn't flagrant. It's that he's on the roster guaranteed, meaning we have to watch him in untold amount of games. Every minute he's on the court will be a negative wave of energy from a viewing POV. Some of y'all have mentioned he's the best scorer on the roster. That's a terrifying realization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether they paid him 4m, 14m or min wage isn't flagrant. It's that he's on the roster guaranteed, meaning we have to watch him in untold amount of games. Every minute he's on the court will be a negative wave of energy from a viewing POV. Some of y'all have mentioned he's the best scorer on the roster. That's a terrifying realization.
    Haha preach!! The good thing is this team is literally bottom 5 in the league; both talent wise and coaching. At some point in the coming years there will need to be accountability from Pop, Wright and whoever else has had a say in a string of bad decisions. I just pray we don't trade any of our first round picks before then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha preach!! The good thing is this team is literally bottom 5 in the league; both talent wise and coaching. At some point in the coming years there will need to be accountability from Pop, Wright and whoever else has had a say in a string of bad decisions. I just pray we don't trade any of our first round picks before then.
    this is overly dramatic. when you lose the centerpiece of your future roster in neph, which PATFO had built a strong team around and which could have ringed, you dont get to about the following 3 - 5 yrs, imo. as it was, we barely missed the playoffs the last two seasons. we will see what happens next year, but the cupboard will be restocked with players over the next two seasons if we suck. Expect a return to successive playoff runs again starting maybe next year, but for sure the year after.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every game we're watching bryn lick his shoes and clap his hands, remember he's making about $1,100 per minute

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is overly dramatic. when you lose the centerpiece of your future roster in neph, which PATFO had built a strong team around and which could have ringed, you dont get to about the following 3 - 5 yrs, imo. as it was, we barely missed the playoffs the last two seasons. we will see what happens next year, but the cupboard will be restocked with players over the next two seasons if we suck. Expect a return to successive playoff runs again starting maybe next year, but for sure the year after.
    That Spurs team was absolutely positioned to ring sans ZaZa’s antics. The Kawhi sauga definitely put PATFO in a challenging place and they have made bad decision, after bad decision since (Marcus Morris debacle aside). I do not expect a return to playoff contention anytime soon. We do not even have one player who is close to all star potential. Maybe DJ who I rock with heavy, but that is it. Even the tiest teams in the league have one player who has star potential. Who is ours? Johnson and White got the show for team USA basketball for obvious reasons. PATFO has their heads up their asses, living off of the legacy of DRob, TD, Tony and Manu all of whom took money off the table to win. Now we over pay scrubs to lose. Sad but harsh reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a pic of the dumbass practicing in his boxers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF is trying to say with his shirt...

"this song is dedicated to the ball droppers"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad it's only one year... but next time Pop wants to burn 4.5 million, he might as well send it this way, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a pic of the dumbass practicing in his boxers

haha this is great. Also Spurs talk is about measure Luka as 6’8 by drawing lines across their shoulders and anayzing his body language

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha this is great. Also Spurs talk is about measure Luka as 6’8 by drawing lines across their shoulders and anayzing his body language
    No wait let’s be optimists; if Luka is 6’11 Forbes is now 6’7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have factor in the angles also Forbes has on shoes , probably knowing him they are at least 2-3 inches. Luka is also barefoot. In addition there is some space time relativity that must be accounted for before getting accurate height comparison

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have factor in the angles also Forbes has on shoes , probably knowing him they are at least 2-3 inches. Luka is also barefoot. In addition there is some space time relativity that must be accounted for before getting accurate height comparison
    lol Luka does look in great shape hopefully he gets a chance to show his stuff on a consistent basis.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say luka is 5-6 in taller then forbes. So I would say he is 6 10.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Longest thread of the summer. The Spurs organisation state of affairs in a nuts TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every game we're watching bryn lick his shoes and clap his hands, remember he's making about $1,100 per minute

Fvck!

Thread Information