Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But I do admit I was having hilarious fantasies about the 2028 being a #1 overall and the Spurs drafting the next Duncan on the Celtics' pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, so the 2028 swap is only protected if the Celtics get the number one overall pick. Otherwise, the Spurs have the right to swap first rounders

Sure, it's a shot in the dark .... but that's an interesting asset to have on the books.
    As I said elsewhere, it's about the time when Brown and Tatum will be declining.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie walker our new starting sg
    Starters: Johnson, McDermott, Poeltl, Richardson/Vassell, Murray

Bench: Vassell/Richardson, Collins, Walker IV, Primo, Jones, Bates-Diop, Langford

Deep bench/G-League: Landale, Satoransky, Wieskamp, Cacok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters: Johnson, McDermott, Poeltl, Richardson/Vassell, Murray

Bench: Vassell/Richardson, Collins, Walker IV, Primo, Jones, Bates-Diop, Langford

Deep bench/G-League: Landale, Satoransky, Wieskamp, Cacok

id be good with vassell or lonnie starting at 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll probably start Richardson I bet. He's a 40% three point shooter and we sure could use that at the #2 spot. Plus he's actually 6'6

Fine with Primo or Vassell starting either way. Keep Walker tf out of the SL tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said elsewhere, it's about the time when Brown and Tatum will be declining.
    I doubt it. Jason Tatum is all of 23 years old. Brown is a couple of years older but I doubt he starts declining that soon either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the one who came to our party rob

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll probably start Richardson I bet. He's a 40% three point shooter and we sure could use that at the #2 spot. Plus he's actually 6'6

Fine with Primo or Vassell starting either way. Keep Walker tf out of the SL tho

dont see why if they aren't keeping him around beyond this season. We aren't trying to win anymore,and its time to unleash devin

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares who starts we are tanking

Richardson is shooting 40$ from 3 now but he better NOT be 5 games from now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First DeMar, now Derrick. Dejounte’s two closest friends on the team both traded within a year. Need to move his closest homies from Seattle here or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m a little sad another fanbase won’t be searching for Lonnie Walker highlights on YouTube, get optimistic, then get let down. You know like what we are doing with Romeo Langford

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt it. Jason Tatum is all of 23 years old. Brown is a couple of years older but I doubt he starts declining that soon either.
    Good point, but they have a lot of wear and tear and can't even be certain about the playoffs right now.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DWhite represented everything the spurs are, I’m gonna really miss him tbh
    This . Still in shock . This many trades before the trade deadline by rhe spurs is slmost as shocking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This worry about DJ leaving is weird. There’s a 30 minute interview of him basically singing praises for the Spurs organization.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how you can say a 19-25 pick isn't going to be better than white when it very well may be better than white.
    Obviously anything can happen but White's been a solid pick. I think White is a proven asset despite health issues etc. I'd put the pick being better than White pretty low. I think getting another Lonnie in the range is the more likely outcome... and that would be a positive outcome for that draft range.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, so the 2028 swap is only protected if the Celtics get the number one overall pick. Otherwise, the Spurs have the right to swap first rounders

Sure, it's a shot in the dark .... but that's an interesting asset to have on the books.
    Here's hoping Tatum hits Diva Mode toward the end of his deal in 2026.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to on the trade but what exactly did we cash in on?

A 19-25 range pick isn’t going to be better than White. Richardson isn’t better than white and I don’t think the pick and Richardson is more easily traded than white if you wanted to move up into a top 12 pick.

If the move is about looking into the off-season then how is Richardson and the pick better than White? Seems to me we could have moved white for move this off-season than we’ll ever get for Richardson and the pick.
    Boston isn’t going to drop back to 25. They’ve been on a tear, which means they’re likely to cool off. Most of the teams ahead of them, record wise, made moves to improve, and most of what Boston did, other than White, was tax/cap housekeeping. The Forbes trade first, salary dumping the two contracts they got in that trade later in another trade, and then the Schroeder trade. I think that pick is right about where it will land right now.

We also get a look at Langford, a late lottery pick from 19. He’s got some physical tools, and while he was drafted as a shooter/scorer, he’s shown some good D this year.

Richardson is a guy. Sometimes you need a guy to make the trade work. He has no strong negatives.

Oh, and there’s that 2028 FRP swap option. Won’t know what that is for quite a while. Could be very nice, could be meh.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing for sure the Dwhite and DJ pairing wasnt resulting with wins. Can understand the spurs going in a diffrent direction.

Just never mid season and Dwhite was the least expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10683977[/URL]]This worry about DJ leaving is weird. There’s a 30 minute interview of him basically singing praises for the Spurs organization.
    I think he’s fine. I think his post was more about all the trades happening today. He’s friends with a lot of these scrubs being tossed around to different teams. He hates losing so obviously Spurs have to shake things up. They’re terrible and one of the worst teams in the conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This worry about DJ leaving is weird. There’s a 30 minute interview of him basically singing praises for the Spurs organization.
    I don't see DJ leaving any time soon. He knows he's the lead dog here and you don't just get that by walking in the door somewhere else.

DJ has a huge ego (in a good way) and he likes his situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see DJ leaving any time soon. He knows he's the lead dog here and you don't just get that by walking in the door somewhere else.

DJ has a huge ego (in a good way) and he likes his situation.
    as long as he gets his max deal be fine. Spurs have always done right by DjM

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welp white was a good dude -

but boston will soon find out he is a fragile china doll when he goes out for the season again with a foot injury

decent trade/great timing

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This feels like the George Hill trade. White was my favorite player on the Spurs. I thought that backcourt of DJM/White was gonna last us long. Oh well. Hope he flourishes! I think he will be in the NBA for a long time, much like Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good news is SA can't extend him. It's not that he can't have trade value--he's always been considered at least buoyant ballast. It's that eventually teams are realizing he's not very good. Someone's gonna be left holding the bag. That might be SA. He has a decent chance to start for the Spurs, though. I hope he plays well and can be useful ballast for a Collins trade this summer.
    I don't see how we can get Collins. The 2 players the Hawks would've traded for him both play for Boston now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welp white was a good dude -

but boston will soon find out he is a fragile china doll when he goes out for the season again with a foot injury

decent trade/great timing
    He hasn’t had any foot issues since the bubble in 2020. He had surgery, recovered after missing like the first 10 games the next season, and hasn’t been troubled since. He’s had Two health and safety shutdowns, like half the league, and one ankle sprain, also like half the league. This China doll trope is both tired and inaccurate.

Thread Information