Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per NBA.com:

The NBA states that an owner, executive, coach, player or any member of the organization cannot speak to a player signed by another franchise in the hopes of persuading him to sign with their team.
    Somebody needed to tell that to the 2008 US Olympic team. That’s where the Heatles were conceived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50k fine for DJ max likely
    Sorry
    I was asking if Levine is worth the salary
    I guess I am not that big a fan of his
    He alright I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/d...trade-request/

Compared to this, DJ's twitter endeavor is harmless prank. NBA's recruiting/tampering has been a joke for a long time.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Spurs would have to pay him roughly 36 million a season. Not sure he's worth it, but not sure you turn away the chance to sign a young 25/5/5 all star about to enter his prime who is buddies with your star PG if its there. especially since no one is signing in SA anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol a quick photoshop is hardly tampering. DJ is the voice this team needs.

Also, PATFO should be on notice as DJ wants some fking help. Signing Joe Ingles and drafting 3 culture guys/boy scouts who might become rotational players is not it.
    Last edited by KingKev; 04-28-2022 at 11:07 PM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But if he’s now an UFA, doesn’t that change the situation? Or is he not yet an UFA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lavine is a max player. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t watch the NBA. He is max plus 10m if you are San Antonio. Get your heads out of your asses and realize players aren’t coming here at all via free agency let alone taking a discount.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted recently that while the Spurs probably could squeeze out enough room to sign him, a sign and trade wouldn't be the worst result.

Keldon + the Bulls 2025 pick for Lavine. Might have to throw in Langford, gives the Bulls a huge trade exception, gives them something rather than nothing

I'd like Lavine a lot more if the Spurs can move up and take one of the 3 bigs

Anyway

Any tampering probably wouldn't take effect until next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also DJ and Lavine are both Klutch so his own management probably laughing but at the same time are like delete that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, that's not enough to get busted for tampering, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol a quick photoshop is hardly tampering. DJ is the voice this team needs.

Also, PATFO should be on notice as DJ wants some fking help. Signing Joe Ingles and drafting 3 culture guys/boy scouts who might become rotational players is not it.
    If anything, I think this is the bigger message and picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it happens but at least it’s fun

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaVine and DJ together would be electric.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is this going to do to Primo’s confidence

He's immune. Haven't you heard he's the youngest player in the NBA?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per NBA.com:

The NBA states that an owner, executive, coach, player or any member of the organization cannot speak to a player signed by another franchise in the hopes of persuading him to sign with their team.
    Then why is Heat not slap with penalty. LeBron, Wade and Bosh comes out to say they talk about joining up together including Melo, but Melo rejected them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lavine is a max player. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t watch the NBA. He is max plus 10m if you are San Antonio. Get your heads out of your asses and realize players aren’t coming here at all via free agency let alone taking a discount.
    No he is not, to me a player who cannot be effective on both end is not worth MAX. If we anyhow dough out a MAX it' will just destroy our team with no way out of mediocre for the next few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just like that DJM has that connection going for him and he doesn’t shy from using it. I guess Tony recruiting Diaw would be the biggest in terms of building that Beautiful Game, where a passing big man like Diaw was a big centerpiece.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted recently that while the Spurs probably could squeeze out enough room to sign him, a sign and trade wouldn't be the worst result.

Keldon + the Bulls 2025 pick for Lavine. Might have to throw in Langford, gives the Bulls a huge trade exception, gives them something rather than nothing

I'd like Lavine a lot more if the Spurs can move up and take one of the 3 bigs

Anyway

Any tampering probably wouldn't take effect until next season
    that... no way I'm giving up a 29th pick who played his butt off to be where he is now. He's hungry. How about McDermott?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that... no way I'm giving up a 29th pick who played his butt off to be where he is now. He's hungry. How about McDermott?
    If they get Lavine, that will be a ton of money. Might not be able to afford to pay both Keldon and Poeltl when their deals are up and then it's Dejounte's turn to get paid after. Can't pay everyone.

The reason I include the Bulls getting their pick back is that I believe that if Lavine leaves the Bulls and considering the age and contracts of DeRozan and Vucevic that the Bulls will be tanking by the time the pick is due, and it's top 10 protected first year then top 8 two more years then it converts to a second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/04/27...-knee-surgery/
    Yup, very few things are as exciting giving a long term max contract to a player with a history of knee problems who is about to have exploratory surgery on his knee. Awesome.
    Most important post of this thread going unnoticed... Don't know if he delayed surgery not jeopardize his max, hoping he could get butchered under the radar in the offseason but red flag or orange at the minimum.

"According to a source close to the situation, however, LaVine’s knee was “more like 50% and that’s on a good day.’’

"The source also said the maintenance of the knee the past few months was an all-day ordeal, and that there would have been a good number of All-Star-type players that would have shut it down for the season with all LaVine had to deal with. And while LaVine wouldn’t come out and say for sure he was headed for off-season surgery — likely a scope — the source said he will in fact have surgery almost immediately this offseason."

"LaVine was not the same player on the court by the end of the season. In December, he averaged 27.3 points a game with a .650 true shooting percentage. By March, he still put up good numbers — 24.7 points a game on an above average .602 true shooting — but he wasn’t as explosive or using as much of the offense.

"If this is a simple scope job cleaning things up, then LaVine should be back and be himself by the start of training camp. However, if it’s something more serious, he could miss some time next season".

Well...

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But if he’s now an UFA, doesn’t that change the situation? Or is he not yet an UFA?

Last I checked, they still hadn't set a date for the beginning of free agency this year, but they were expecting it to be June 30. Free agency definitely has not begun with the season still in progress.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, that's not enough to get busted for tampering, tbh.

Remember when Magic Johnson got fined $500K for comparing Giannis to himself when he (Magic) was that age?

Last year, Morey got busted and fined for tampering. Steph had posted something about his brother, and Morey tweeted "Join 'em". That's it - a single tweet "Join 'em".

Draymond got fined for tampering for just making a couple of comments about Devin Booker during the COVID restart. I don't remember the exact words, but it was basically just that Booker needs to get out of Phoenix to someplace he can play great basketball. He didn't even try to entice Booker to come to GSW.

I'm not saying the league will fine DJ for that, but nearly every person here saw his comment as a sort of subtle call for Lavine to come join him in SA. If the league decides that's what he meant, it's exactly tampering. Besides all that, just last year the league enacted new rules saying that they intended to crack down on tampering, and fine teams/players a lot more for doing it.

I know what DJ did was no big deal, but Chicago still has Bird rights, and I'm sure they expect Lavine to re-sign with them. Imagine if he actually did decide to come play in SA. I expect Chicago would be pretty raw about it... and about DJ's comment. Technically it's not illegal to just say the word "hijack" in an airport, either, but it's probably smart to avoid doing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per NBA.com:

Is he technically signed by another team at this point?
    That said no reason to split hairs and risk anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaVine is meh, but let's not pretend the Spurs could do better in FA*

*Not an endorsement of going after ZL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry
    I was asking if Levine is worth the salary
    I guess I am not that big a fan of his
    He alright I guess
    He's a younger version of DDR, plus 3 point shooting. He was in Chicago for a few years, and they never made the playoffs.

Thread Information