My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-dema...-season-apart/

For the record, I like DeRozan and I think he did a good job of bridging the gap between the Golden Era and this youthful rebuild. But, yeah, he's a net-negative player ... as was suspected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should never have brought him over. There was a bad bridging and a stalling of a process that we all knew they needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the second part about DePression you said the Spurs outscored their opponents by 125 points on the season but in the first part you said they outscored them by 10 points. Otherwise everything is spot on and what most of us said before he came to the Spurs, when he came to the Spurs, and after being traded to Chicago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the second part about DePression you said the Spurs outscored their opponents by 125 points on the season but in the first part you said they outscored them by 10 points. Otherwise everything is spot on and what most of us said before he came to the Spurs, when he came to the Spurs, and after being traded to Chicago.
    Didn't he mentioned our season is a +10 and compared to the team lead by DDR it's a difference of +125 cos DDR team has a -110?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good catch, thanks.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another good article. But the post below by SAGirl is a seventh truth, in my mind at least. It was an attempt to get value out of Aldridge, and a bridge to nowhere.

Should never have brought him over. There was a bad bridging and a stalling of a process that we all knew they needed.
    DDR was net negative. Forbes was net negative. Patty was net negative. A team can only stand so much of that.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't expecting to see his stats as a closer to be so impressive. I think his initial match ups against Kawhi after the trade made me think he was a choker. But yeah, otherwise solid thoughts. And yes to the 7th truth, was a bridge to nowhere. Three lost years, though perhaps that mentorship helped Dejounte get to where he is now, though I imagine he is such a hard worker he was going to get there anyway and if anything we slowed down his progression by having to stay in the background for so long, not getting the reps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll have to give to DeRozen, despite all the negatives he kept the spurs from becoming real bottom of the barrel cellar dwellers. Lets see what we can get from the draft picks acquired for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll have to give to DeRozen, despite all the negatives he kept the spurs from becoming real bottom of the barrel cellar dwellers. Lets see what we can get from the draft picks acquired for him.
    And that probably set the Spurs back another 3-4 years from real contention tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan became a much better facilitator in San Antonio, which the team desperately needed and overall is a good trait to have. But watching him in Game 5 against the Bulls...it's almost like he was over-passing.

Milwaukee was sending extra attention his way every time he got the ball which basically took him out of the game, and he never tried to fight through it.

Was he making the right passes? Sure.

Was that generating good shots? Most of the time.

Were those shots going in? No.

Even the commentators were saying that as their best player on the floor, DeRozan needed to pick a time to take over, and that time never came. He finished with just 11 points on 10 field goal attempts, and took less shots than Nikola Vucevic, Patrick Williams, Coby White, Ayo Dosunmu, and Troy Brown Jr. I couldn't even pick most of those players out of a lineup.

That's not what you expect from your All-Star player, and if he was waiting for the 4th quarter to take over, it would have been too little and too late.

Also, Chicago was the 2nd worst three-point shooting team in the league, and they took a whopping 52 threes in Game 5. Not sure exactly who drew up that game plan, but further evidence that they weren't going to their strengths.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF we were bottom of the barrel we would have much better basketball talent tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF we were bottom of the barrel we would have much better basketball talent tbh...
    True but the fact is you cant change history. We weren't at the bottom and it was probably because of him. We also didn't improve because of him.
    I'm not a fan of DeRozen, but I'm glad we weren't at the bottom like Orlando or Sacramento, who are still pretty much at the bottom no matter how many early draft picks they got from being bad. How many years has it been since these two teams have been to the playoffs or even the play in ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True but the fact is you cant change history. We weren't at the bottom and it was probably because of him. We also didn't improve because of him.
    I'm not a fan of DeRozen, but I'm glad we weren't at the bottom like Orlando or Sacramento, who are still pretty much at the bottom no matter how many early draft picks they got from being bad. How many years has it been since these two teams have been to the playoffs or even the play in ?
    Incompetent franchises. I'm not Pops biggest fan but I think if we had bottomed out he is plenty good enough at his job to have gotten us top tier talent and we have a couple of very good top 5 players to go along with our very good 29th drafted point guard.

Thread Information