Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs have had a pretty good offseason after what appeared to be a disastrous one when they lost out on Deron Williams. They've added Mayo, Brand, Collison, and Kaman. What do you guys think of the move and where they'll probably seed in the playoffs?
    Last edited by BatManu20; 07-19-2012 at 01:17 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From dwill and Dwight to Kaman, collision, brand and mayo while losing Terry, Kidd.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their continuity is gone. It's hard to win without continuity. First round is probably their ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully they gave him a lot of $, Mayo is solid but isn't a star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From dwill and Dwight to Kaman, collision, brand and mayo while losing Terry, Kidd.
    They never had the first 2 guys, and they are glad Kidd is gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mayo's been pretty ty the last couple of season tbqh. He's still young but this isn't some game changing signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collison > Kidd
    Mayo < Terry
    Brand > Mahinmi
    Kaman > Haywood

Looks like net wins for Dallas, but does it make them into contenders? I don't think so. Mavs were swinging for the fences and ended up with a ground-rule double.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terry was pretty awful last year too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs have had a pretty decent offseason considering the post-letting-tyson-walk post-completely-blowing-it-on-deron-not-to-even-mention-dwight situation they found themselves in.

They are still ed and really ed up on the whole letting-tyson-walk-just-so-they-could-completely-blow-it-on-deron-and-dwight thing,

but a pretty decent offseason considering the post-letting-tyson-walk post-completely-blowing-it-on-deron-not-to-even-mention-dwight situation they found themselves in nonetheless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They never had the first 2 guys, and they are glad Kidd is gone.
    That was their goal. What they ended up with is comical in comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question for Mavs fans is this:

Would you rather have had the same returning cast (CHANDLER, Barea, Stevenson and maybe even Butler) back to defend last year and moving forward, never getting the silly chance to swing and miss at Williams and Howard..

or

thrown away the chance to repeat and a season later end up with Mayo, Collison, Brand and Kaman.

Personally I would have chose the former.

Granted, hindsight is 20/20, but throwing away a shot to keep the team together and make another run has to sting for Mavsfan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collison > Kidd
    Mayo < Terry
    Brand > Mahinmi
    Kaman > Haywood

Looks like net wins for Dallas, but does it make them into contenders? I don't think so. Mavs were swinging for the fences and ended up with a ground-rule double.
    It's not bad if it wasn't what they had to settle with. They shot for the moon and only got ten feet high.

Also, Brand and Kaman may be a better offensive front court but it's a worse defensive front court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not bad if it wasn't what they had to settle with. They shot for the moon and only got ten feet high.

Also, Brand and Kaman may be a better offensive front court but it's a worse defensive front court.
    Kaman is a ty defender but Brand has always been solid on D.

Also BTW I'm not even so sure that Collison is better then an ancient Jason Kidd, tbh Collison's play with the Pacers was very sub par I mean this guy got benched in favor of George Hill! Also Kidd is still a solid defender, Collison isn't even an adequate defender.

Kidd> Collison

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly. as a consolation prize its not at all terrible, but within the context of what they went after they fell flat on their face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No higher than a 7 seed.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No higher than a 7 seed.
    Better than a 7th seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice recovery and signings from a disaster area!!!!!!! I hate Dallas but yeah they signed some good players and got what they could out there. Do I think they are sstaaackedddddddddd and a le runner? NO, but they are a playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is always some risk to a team built on short-term contracts, but they have a decent ceiling. Will be interesting to see how they come together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than a 7th seed.
    Not better than Spurs, Lakers, Clippers, Thunder, Grizzlies. You might have an argument with Denver but I'd still take the Nuggs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs are REALLY stacked now.

Probably well enough to garner a possible 6th or 7th seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its believed that the deal is for 3 yrs at 4mil per or around that area, because thats the cap room the mavs had left.

Now i ask you, if numbers are true, signing mayo to a contract like that isnt better than the very similiar contract we gave green? Mayo is the much better and complete player.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs had had a pretty good offseason after what appeared to be a disastrous one when they lost out on Deron Williams. They've added Mayo, Brand, Collison, and Kaman. What do you guys think of the move and where they'll probably seed in the lottery?
    FIFY. The west is ing deep. Last year's Mavs were a 7 seed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a bad piece to be honest, and btw him and Collison solid young part to build on for the future. Dirk isnt exactly a spry chicken, so the Mavs have to have one eye toward rebuilding.

Mayo didnt have a chance to shine in Memphis with Gay, Gasol, Randolph and even the OSU PG they have ahead of him in the scoring pecking order. I wouldnt be surprised is this is a mini-breakout year for him.

BTW anyone else find the Mavs less annoying now that Terry is gone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW anyone else find the Mavs less annoying now that Terry is gone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its believed that the deal is for 3 yrs at 4mil per or around that area, because thats the cap room the mavs had left.

Now i ask you, if numbers are true, signing mayo to a contract like that isnt better than the very similiar contract we gave green? Mayo is the much better and complete player.
    First off, both are about the same. Second, we had Green's bird rights. That's why the Spurs were able to offer him that contract. Spurs aren't under the cap.

Thread Information