Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yawn. Still cheaper than 53 year old CP0 contract
    LeBron made around 40 to miss the playoffs didn’t he?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gotdayum
    wow. and its actually brilliant to have an emphasis on those later drafts, because thats after lebron's decline/retirement. the 2019 pick is nice, 2020 is probably going to be useless, so they avoided that. the swaps will be useless unless the pelicans are actually good by then, though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA needs shooting and perimeter defense. Kemba solves one issue but they would be a sieve on the defensive end. Butler would be a horrible fit. Pick up Danny and Bogdon to fill out the 2 and the 3. Move Lebron to point guard. And pick up brook Lopez again. Kuz comes off then bench with Rondo and whoever else you can pick up cheap.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Gotdayum
    That's highway robbery. Keeping Kuzma is not worth giving up all that control over their future drafts, he's nowhere near that good.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's tough to evaluate the potential of this team since the West is so wide open where a 50-55 win team will probably be enough to reach the Finals, so I can't say that this move doesn't make the Lakers into a contender. They are obviously are just by having Lebron and Davis, but so are all the other top 4 West teams aside from a depleted Golden State. However, if Golden State were still 100 percent plus Durant, the Lakers as-is wouldn't have a chance. Nor do I think this Lakers as-is team has a chance against a potential Raptors (provided Kawhi stays), Bucks, or Sixers team.

This isn't a big man league anymore. With how statistically dominant Davis was per raw stats, he "only" ranked 7th in RPM. If Lebron is still in retirement mode going into next season, I don't think the Lakers have a better chance than Denver, Houston, Portland of reaching the Finals. West playoffs will be a crapshoot. You need efficient volume 3 point shooting to win les. Davis doesn't help with that.

Lakers need to add at least two efficient volume 3 ball shooters. Kemba is probably their target now. Then you add some VanVleet like microwave player, and their only compe ion in the league will be the Kiwi Raptors or a Bucks team that has reach the next level.
    Stop including the Warriors. They are done winning les. Durant’s injury ended him and he’ll be 32 when he comes back in a year. Steph will be 33. Klay will be 31. They’ll all be maxed out. They’ll be an aging declining team and nothing more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of doubt LeBron would have been on board with hoarding capspace another year, especially with the West there for the taking with Golden State decimated.
    The Warriors are beyond decimated. They are an aging, declining maxed out roster. It’s over for them.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard to the Lakers in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeBron made around 40 to miss the playoffs didn’t he?
    Strategically missed the playoffs so.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No assets left to trade.

If Kiwi signs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop including the Warriors. They are done winning les. Durant’s injury ended him and he’ll be 32 when he comes back in a year. Steph will be 33. Klay will be 31. They’ll all be maxed out. They’ll be an aging declining team and nothing more.
    That's exactly what I did in my post. West is wide open, but if the Lakers make a couple more key moves, they are probably the on-paper favorite to come out of the West. Can't crown them, though, since every time the Lakers load up, it blows up in their faces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope LaVar and Lonzo can survive those cold, snowy New Orleans winters tbh........

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Interesting tweet

Hmmm

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    That's highway robbery. Keeping Kuzma is not worth giving up all that control over their future drafts, he's nowhere near that good.
    Pelicans never really wanted Kuzma that badly. They just put it out there because they knew Jeanie wouldn’t give up Kuzma no matter what so Griffin used that to get all those picks.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Pelicans never really wanted Kuzma that badly. They just put it out there because they knew Jeanie wouldn’t give up Kuzma no matter what so Griffin used that to get all those picks.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Interesting tweet

Hmmm
    Lebron will be 40 by then. They’re gonna need AD to be the guy who carries those teams.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

If Kiwi signs
    Game blouses

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lebron will be 40 by then. They’re gonna need AD to be the guy who carries those teams.
    Yes. The Lakers will look different by then. A lot. And if AD is hurt, losing those picks will be regrettable

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lol @ AD passing the opportunity to play with Zion instead choosing to team up with Lebron's corpse

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    before the trade:

lakers package= trash

after the trade:

Lakers got fleeced, omg look at those future late 1st rd picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mashallah

Lakers have a decent team now.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting tweet

Hmmm
    coulda saved you the time tbh
    wow. and its actually brilliant to have an emphasis on those later drafts, because thats after lebron's decline/retirement. the 2019 pick is nice, 2020 is probably going to be useless, so they avoided that. the swaps will be useless unless the pelicans are actually good by then, though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yawn. Still cheaper than 53 year old CP0 contract

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Kawhi is Laughing at you right about now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously hoping for the Lakers to fail but I can look at this trade objectively. The only thing the Lakers gave up that could be of value is their draft picks. Ingram,Ball,Hart are just solid players at best and at worst are trash. Also the Lakers suck at drafting and player development so it's highly unlikely they would have drafted the right guys with their picks.

The question now for the Lakers is do they try to go for the low tier stars in Kemba,Butler or do they try to get a bunch of good role players with their cap space.

Thread Information