Page 65 of 173 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    seriously, it's like a lot of you would be okay losing games as long as you're #1 in recruiting

have fun in the sunbelt

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    seriously, it's like a lot of you would be okay losing games as long as you're #1 in recruiting

i see both sides tbh

but recruiting would definitely improve if they go to the SEC

and considering the extra slack given to SEC teams by voters, an extra loss per year balances itself out. adding UT and OU to that will only add to the slack given. in a conference that stacked, you might be able to lose 3 games and still be serious contenders for the CFP

either way, if you want to win a championship, you gotta beat the best teams. and better recruiting gives you the best possible chance at that. it doesnt matter if you go 12-0 in a crappy conference then lose 30-10 in a high level bowl game, everyone knows you didnt belong there to begin with, and that wont work with highly rated national talents. otherwise teams like TCU and boise would be getting better classes than they are for their little stretch a few years back of doing that stuff.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Flock to Texas only if they win big? I do not see Ohio St, Clemson or OU hurting for recruits they win.
    winning is important no doubt

but look at how many top texas recruits go out of state to SEC schools aisde from Bama? every year theres about 5-6 that go to LSU, 3-4 that go to georgia, and then about 3-4 more spread across ole miss, auburn and arkansas.

not to mention how many of the top 25 each year are picking ATM just to be on a mediocre SEC team. texas should be easily winning that battle, but ATM has been dominating those recruits lately simply because ESS EEE SEE

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    have fun in the sunbelt
    Probably finally get to a bowl game

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    i see both sides tbh

but recruiting would definitely improve if they go to the SEC

and considering the extra slack given to SEC teams by voters, an extra loss per year balances itself out. adding UT and OU to that will only add to the slack given. in a conference that stacked, you might be able to lose 3 games and still be serious contenders for the CFP

either way, if you want to win a championship, you gotta beat the best teams. and better recruiting gives you the best possible chance at that. it doesnt matter if you go 12-0 in a crappy conference then lose 30-10 in a high level bowl game, everyone knows you didnt belong there to begin with, and that wont work with highly rated national talents. otherwise teams like TCU and boise would be getting better classes than they are for their little stretch a few years back of doing that stuff.
    It doesn't matter if you go 10-2 in the SEC if you end up in the Chick-fil-A bowl and crushing Duke. Nobody gaf unless you're in the playoffs.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas Update:

If you were just reading the tea leaves, you’d suspect Texas and OU have the necessary votes to gain admission into the SEC.

You would be correct.

However, the vote has not yet been taken which was made clear by somebody on the A&M side (allegedly) leaking this major development to the Houston Chronicle.

From our end, this is still all systems go. UT has the votes required and there doesn’t seem to be any road blocks or Sharp edges.

When will things truly pick-up via votes and proclamations? We’re targeting early to mid next week.

IT still does not know when UT would be playing ball in the SEC but we did hear sooner than 2025.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter if you go 10-2 in the SEC if you end up in the Chick-fil-A bowl and crushing Duke. Nobody gaf unless you're in the playoffs.
    except that for the SEC it very clearly does matter, which is why every year 5-6 of the top 10 recruiting classes always are from the SEC, despite Bama being the only one with consistent success. auburn, ATM, LSU and georgia all basically had 1 or 2 good years over the past decade, and a bunch of the same scenarios as you just mentioned or worse. nearly every year tennessee has like a top 15-20 class, sometimes top 5, and they havent done jack in over 20 years.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We gone! This will be the last year in the big 12.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    We gone! This will be the last year in the big 12.

i luv u texas4ever this is a glorious day in texas history..........im sorry TFloss32 i luv u...........i luv u Kermit.........i luv u pgardn

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i luv u texas4ever this is a glorious day in texas history..........im sorry TFloss32 i luv u...........i luv u Kermit.........i luv u pgardn

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    except that for the SEC it very clearly does matter, which is why every year 5-6 of the top 10 recruiting classes always are from the SEC, despite Bama being the only one with consistent success. auburn, ATM, LSU and georgia all basically had 1 or 2 good years over the past decade, and a bunch of the same scenarios as you just mentioned or worse. nearly every year tennessee has like a top 15-20 class, sometimes top 5, and they havent done jack in over 20 years.
    seriously, it's like you many of you guys would prefer to lose looking good than to make the playoffs beating Kansas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This whole thing is so ing surreal. Never change playblair, you crazy bas .

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    seriously, it's like you many of you guys would prefer to lose looking good than to make the playoffs beating Kansas.
    This whole thing is happening at such a speed that I don’t know how to react. It sucks to lose our rivals. Hopefully you guys find an awesome landing spot.

Post Count
    Is Texas going to have to give up the Longhorn Network if it joins?

Post Count
    This whole thing is happening at such a speed that I don’t know how to react. It sucks to lose our rivals. Hopefully you guys find an awesome landing spot.
    Totally agree. I feel blindsided by the whole thing. I'm not sure if I even want it to happen.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They will compete.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yep

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yup, and we won’t need it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    PLAYBLAIR:

More than below. fck NO.
    GFY. Aggie boy blair.

I root for a team, not a conference.

And Yeah, I dont know what to think.
    I want to win a National Championship with a team of full of Rhodes Scholars, that aint happening it appears.
    I will however, be on thug watch.
    And if the school proper were to disassociate itself from the football team in someway I cannot picture, I would not mind that a bit.
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-22-2021 at 08:51 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tech Chancellor

It’s the dawning of a new era. of a lot of damn good games coming soon. Aggie has done well in SEC. They have been extremely compe ive. We will be too. And they are not going to be able to avoid playing us much longer. Wouldn’t it be something if the SEC made us play annually ? Exciting times boys !!!

Thread Information