Page 159 of 173 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4323
    My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    I think the NIL is long overdue and I'm fine with it. Football is an extremely violent sport and these kids are risking their lives every time they put that helmet on. CTE is always a possibility so I think they deserve every penny they're offered .

Not to mention not all make it to the NFL.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think the NIL is long overdue and I'm fine with it. Football is an extremely violent sport and these kids are risking their lives every time they put that helmet on. CTE is always a possibility so I think they deserve every penny they're offered .
    then make it so they all get some sort of payment.
    If they are risking health they should get $ for coverage, the nfl does.
    Some sort of insurance paid for by the school preferably, not private funds by boosters.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Most these players would not sniff these academic ins utions without sportball. Let's not ignore that fact.

Eric has conceded Denver Harris to Aggies. Just assume Evan sends his in tomorrow-Friday.

We are looking at Law for Friday.
    Hopefully able to seal Devon for February.
    Need another WR.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    then make it so they all get some sort of payment.
    If they are risking health they should get $ for coverage, the nfl does.
    Some sort of insurance paid for by the school preferably, not private funds by boosters.
    ?

They have elite trainers and some of the best rehabilitation centers in the World

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    Most these players would not sniff these academic ins utions without sportball. Let's not ignore that fact.
    Lot of these ins utions wouldn't function without the revenue from sports.

Get Watts. Well, bye Denver Harris.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ?

They have elite trainers and some of the best rehabilitation centers in the World
    How does this help for permanent brain trauma- long term paralysis, back... etc....?
    Some us are lucky to have never had a medical condition that costs $ over a lifetime.
    The NFL players fought the owners over this and won a bit of a victory.

The kids get joints etc fixed to get back on the field. Rehab for play.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Eric has conceded Denver Harris to Aggies. Just assume Evan sends his in tomorrow-Friday.

We are looking at Law for Friday.
    Hopefully able to seal Devon for February.
    Need another WR.
    Crap.

Assume Evan does not pick us, it’s done?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How does this help for permanent brain trauma- long term paralysis, back... etc....?
    Some us are lucky to have never had a medical condition that costs $ over a lifetime.
    The NFL players fought the owners over this and won a bit of a victory.

The kids get joints etc fixed to get back on the field. Rehab for play.
    What the are you babbling about?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If a kid gets permanently paralyzed plying football for a school who pays the insurance tab?
    Do you fckn realize not all these kids parents can pay for health insurance.

TheNFL has permanent funds for these types of injuries.

Get it? Or no. HEALTH INSURANCE via the school. Capiche loudmouth?
    Permanent injuries increase the cost of healthcare for longer periods, past college.
    This is semi pro football so what’s your fckn problem?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Do you need an injection as well?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If a kid gets permanently paralyzed plying football for a school who pays the insurance tab?

They have health insurance through the university. They can also pay for insurance policies to protect against injury that would affect future earnings. Is that what’s you’re worried about on signing day? I liked you better when you were complaining about playblair wanting his asshole tongued.

With peanut butter... jiffy stock one had me rolling...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They have health insurance through the university. They can also pay for insurance policies to protect against injury that would affect future earnings. Is that what’s you’re worried about on signing day? I liked you better when you were complaining about playblair wanting his asshole tongued.
    I was responding to FROSTKING.
    Trill had mentioned healthcare earlier and then referred back to injury issues.

And yes on your beloved signing day, posters responded to this. Maybe because the NIL is the first of other things to come. I guess you already know all the manifestations of what is happening.

AND NO, the NCAA requires they have health insurance. The school can and often does pay or help with injuries to help get athletes back to playing shape. But not long term. The NFL does have funds for long term care. So essentially an athlete playing a pretty dangerous sport can get permanently paralyzed and the physical therapy etc that is needed is not there long term. Especially with the crappy healthcare and insurance so many in the US have. Some of these kids and families can’t pay out of pocket long term.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    With peanut butter... jiffy stock one had me rolling...
    Prophylactic Antibiotics as well... PB had that covered in case of a mouth/throat/lip/tongue infections.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-16-2021 at 12:52 AM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Lot of these ins utions wouldn't function without the revenue from sports.
    actually, most of the money that the athletic programs generate go right back into the athletic programs. the real money for universities comes from patents and grants. that being said, i still agree that there are enormous benefits that these universities receive from their athletic programs.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Permanent injuries increase the cost of healthcare for longer periods, past college.
    This is semi pro football so what’s your fckn problem?
    The NFL has notoriously and proudly not provided for its former and current players, not sure why you keep bringing it up.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The NFL has notoriously and proudly not provided for its former and current players, not sure why you keep bringing it up.
    Have you seen a disability plan for college players to even analyze?

Because the NFL does have a plan but it is notoriously ty.
    But it has been pushed for and is in the news.
    The NFL does have disability insurance but 60% of the players do not take it (mostly rookies who dont make enough)

The NFL plan does not adequately cover the older players in many ways because they already have a of a lot of money and the amount of care needed goes up as one's lifestyle gets set at a very high bar.

The point is, the NIL basically covers college expenses and or goes way beyond in a dangerous game, where is the health plan for college players. I think this was what Trill was thinking about (and if he was not its still a valid point imo).

I personally thought the NIL would bring up a ton of other questions and the rules would be made as we move along. With this in mind I think it fits in with recruiting as its pretty clear to me for our team 5-7 + UT "charity" NIL means pretty damn great recruiting. Chance to play and money and we are possibly in the top 5 recruiting schools after our showing...? Its not entirely magic/great recruiting imo.

Anyways, carry on with recruiting news.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any updates on Evan Stewart?!?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any updates on Evan Stewart?!?
    still hasnt signed or made any public indication that ive heard of

We would be good to forget about Evan Stewart until we play A&M in whatever year we move to the SEC

Thread Information