Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing that worries me about this trade is that it opens up some cap space to give Keldon a White-like extension that he doesn't deserve. KJ's terrible defense and his inability to improve on that end means he's going to be a money sink if the Spurs give him starter level money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be annoying AF to listen to Bill Simmons rave about Walker now after talking about how the Spurs young core sucked.
    You’re going to see a different Derrick white with the ball in his hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So can someone please explain what that 1st round pick means? What are the chances we get that pick?
    Huge. It’s only protected 1-4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very sad to see Derrick go. I'll always remember that video of him crying after he got that phone call from Pop when we took him on draft day.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You pull for Toronto, hard. If they lose, we only get one more shot at their FRP. Boston can drop into the lottery, as long as they don’t draw into the top 4.
    Yes, root for the Raptors every game. There's a pretty good chance the Raptors are in the East 7-10 play-in, and them going cold for a game or two could easily lead to the pick not conveying this year.

Best case is Boston somehow losing a ton and dropping to the #11-12 pick (and not jumping into the top 4), while the Raptors squeak into the playoffs via the play-in and give their #16 pick to the Spurs. The former isn't very likely but the latter is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn’t useful enough to make the Spurs much better.
    We had way worst players…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wondering if Romeo can develop into something meaningful. Only 22 and he’s got some raw talent.

Langford looks like a little bit less athletic, but a little bit smoother and headier version of Lonnie Walker, for whatever that's worth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge. It’s only protected 1-4.
    The problem is that is SOUNDS more impressive than it is. If season ended now, it’d be the 18th pick and BOS will likely only improve with addition of White.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Langford looks like a little bit less athletic, but a little bit smoother and headier version of Lonnie Walker, for whatever that's worth.
    Anyone know Langford’s wingspan? Looks pretty long

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really sad to see White go as I'm a big fan of his, but this is a really good trade for the Spurs for their future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is that is SOUNDS more impressive than it is. If season ended now, it’d be the 18th pick and BOS will likely only improve with addition of White.
    I mean this is not a given. Richardson was a valuable shooter for them. I do think they needed a player like White, but we'll see how well he meshes with that team. Plus injuries happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Along with the 6th and 20th, which could potentially be packaged to move into the top 3.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Richardson, Romeo Langford, 2022 first-round pick protected 1-4, for Derrick White

I like White but I like this trade. I mean, I'm a big fan of White and really enjoy watching him play. But he's closing in on 28, which means his timeline isn't great for a rebuilding team. Getting a first round pick for him is a win. Langford is interesting -- he probably isn't worth much but there might be something there. Richardson has value and could be flipped for even more picks.
    Welcome back Timvp. It's inevitable. Spurs need to clear space for our future SG Primo. They drafted him with our highest pick yet and going all in with him. I think we're doing Derrick a solid also by getting him in a contender, plus getting a FRP. Win/Win for both.

Thanks Derrick for the memories!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to see him go. Was a joy watching him compete.

Spurs leaning further into rebuild, ac ulating more firsts and opening play time for the roster.
    Even at our very best, we were just a .500 team.

Can’t be mad but feeling dejected right now. Best of luck in Boston DW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how much involved Pop was in moving Derrick. Weird he plays 32 minutes last night and is traded less than 24 hours later. Also sort of odd that Dejounte had no idea this was going to happen and posted a gif on twitter saying "WTF"

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how much involved Pop was in moving Derrick. Weird he plays 32 minutes last night and is traded less than 24 hours later. Also sort of odd that Dejounte had no idea this was going to happen and posted a gif on twitter saying "WTF"
    Murray is far and away our best player but he's not at the level of a Tim or DRob where the front office is in constant communication with them about front office moves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Along with the 6th and 20th, which could potentially be packaged to move into the top 3.
    A late FRP isn't going to move anything like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think its a nice lil haul for derrick. Hes a solid starter but clearly spurs were ready to move away from that deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think its a nice lil haul for derrick. Hes a solid starter but clearly spurs were ready to move away from that deal
    Agree.

Really sorry to see him go, but getting rid of his salary (as a 28 year old), getting a decent semi-replacement for now, and then a platoon guy in Langford who's improved in defense, and then the pick stuff. It's good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs went from not making any deals to doing every possible trades at the deadline

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love this trade. We get a first and a future pick swap out of a player who clearly peaked in that Denver series. We also can feel pretty confident going forward that Vassel and Primo are going to start being force fed minutes. If Collins can stay healthy we are not one non trash power forward away from being a team with a real future.

I liked Derrick but as I have said plenty of times he just doesn't impact winning anymore. All that taking charges and defending the rim great for a guard doesn't help you nearly as much as taking and making open 3 point shots which is something he did in the bubble and pretty much never did again.

Must have had some pretty strong offers for Derrick if Boston had to do a pick swap to get the deal done. That is very dangerous. NBA moves at warp speed so who knows what happens in 2028

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'11 wingspan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is lonnie now the starter?!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Richardson's contract guaranteed in 2022 2023 ?

Thread Information