Page 100 of 164 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 4088
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6’8 Defensive minded wing who averaged 10/7/3 as a Freshman at Stanford this season, but on 39% shooting, including 31% from 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6’8 Defensive minded wing who averaged 10/7/3 as a Freshman at Stanford this season, but on 39% shooting, including 31% from 3.

I mentioned him about a month ago. He seems like a Spurs type of pick. Good skills but if I remember correctly, very poor athlete. But I need to double check that.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned him about a month ago. He seems like a Spurs type of pick. Good skills but if I remember correctly, very poor athlete. But I need to double check that.
    Why are the poor athletes always a Spur's type of pick?

Need to get away from that type of thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pls ffs no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are the poor athletes always a Spur's type of pick?

Need to get away from that type of thinking.
    Poor/less skilled athletes are 100x more likely to do what Pop says.
    Last edited by KingKev; 05-11-2022 at 04:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He came off the bench, I believe, because he fouled a whole effing lot. He fouled out of like six games this season. The team was lacking in any good bench players, and so bringing him in then was a good idea. His usage rate was really high.

Only anecdotal, but some LSU fans say he doesn't process the game that well and gets lost. Definitely Lonnie vibes there. Unlike Lonnie, he is a big event creator on defense and doesn't lack in confidence. Lonnie is fearful of making mistakes; Eason is like a bowling ball knocking into everything.
    Getting lost? Bowling ball knocking into everything? Damn, he sounds like someone we know except we don't have to teach him height.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes not a big athlet but a smart player who can do a little Big of everything.

Still young but i may have other prospects at 20/25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a trait that scouts have been focused on for 2-3 years, processor speed. I can’t tell you how many times Lonnie catches a pass, and freezes. Even a half second gives a committed defender a chance to recover. It’s also not something that can be taught. You either have that quick reaction speed, or you don’t. I remember Vassell being rated highly, and that this was one of the reasons he was an elite help defender. He saw rotations before they needed to happen.
    He's not a guard for Christ's Sake. Why do you compare his BBIQ to Lonnie when we have someone else who has some similar problems on defense that has difficulties playing his position (PF). You are a smart guy. How about some discussion comparing him to our major tweener problem, Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a trait that scouts have been focused on for 2-3 years, processor speed. I can’t tell you how many times Lonnie catches a pass, and freezes. Even a half second gives a committed defender a chance to recover. It’s also not something that can be taught. You either have that quick reaction speed, or you don’t. I remember Vassell being rated highly, and that this was one of the reasons he was an elite help defender. He saw rotations before they needed to happen.
    He's not a guard for Christ's Sake. Why do you compare his BBIQ to Lonnie when we have someone else who has some similar problems on defense that has difficulties playing his position (PF). You are a smart guy. How about some discussion comparing him to our major tweener problem, Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. J Smith
    2.Holmgren
    3.Branchero
    4.Ivey
    5.Sharpe
    6.Murray
    7.Griffin
    8.Mathurin
    9.Duren
    10. J Davis

So you would take Sochan over two of these guys. Which ones?

I wouldn't take Sochan over Ogbaji.
    Outside of the top 4, I am fine with Sochan. I know there’s arguments for others, just saying I dont like anyone enough to value them too much over Sochan (despite knowing 90% I will be wrong in hindsight)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't know too much about jalen Williams until a few weeks ago,. He had some big buzz from scouts in the US.

Was talking with a French scout today who follows the draft process and the NCAA , he said that he's one of the best wing defensively in this draft( waw guarding smaller players as histoire team played tall ball), plus the fact that he's good on offense.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 05-11-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan…. Maybe he can play some 3 for us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What part of "Lonnie freezes when he catches the ball" gives you even a remote idea that I was talking about his defensive problems? That's a whole different issue, but not what I was addressing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Short of obviously moving into the top 4 (which isn't happening), this draft will be a success if . . .

1) They trade up for Murray or if/when necessary Mathurin (I'd include Sharpe, but apparently that's not happening). Unlike the rest of the usual suspects, even if they never offer much in the way of being able to create their own shot, they at least have a clearer path to 3 and D roles.

2) Failing that, they shop the pick, among other assets, for a quality young veteran whose signed long term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loaded question, but what players would be more likely to be hated at #9? This may be easier to agree on.

AJ Griffin (seems almost unanimously derided)
    Jalen Duren (a divided pick)
    Agbaji (seems like a clear a reach)
    Someone mocked in the 20s.
    ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loaded question, but what players would be more likely to be hated at #9? This may be easier to agree on.

?
    If it's someone perceived as both a reach and a project, like an Ousmane Dieng.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't know too much about jalen Williams until a few weeks ago,. He had some big buzz from scouts in the US.

Was talking with a French scout today who follows the draft process and the NCAA , he said that he's one of the best wing defensively in this draft( waw guarding smaller players as histoire team played tall ball), plus the fact that he's good on offense.
    Yeah in the last few days his name seems to be everywhere. I love what I'm seeing from this guy.

This was a really interesting read...

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/p/m...-has-begun?s=r

He has been listed on mock drafts as a mid-2nd rounder multiple times, but what kind of second rounder is wing-sized, initiates the offense, shoots 44% of his total field goal attempts at the rim, and has a 65/40/40/80 (rim, 2pt, 3pt, FT) shooting profile? There are no 2nd rounders like that and if I simply read the statistical profile, I would have thought he was an edge lottery player.
    Seems like his game is tailor made for the combine too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah in the last few days his name seems to be everywhere. I love what I'm seeing from this guy.

This was a really interesting read...

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/p/m...-has-begun?s=r

Seems like his game is tailor made for the combine too...

Intriguing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

?
    I think we'll have to wait to see what the Spurs do with the rest of the draft to judge/overreact in a manner consistent with the SpursTalk experience

If we somehow keep all four picks, and a player isn't taller than 6'4" from any of them...

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any footage that shows us that Sochan is anything but another variation of Kyle Anderson. He’s smooth but he looks slow and lacks explosiveness. I see that he’s probably got more going for him than Anderson but it seems like a real stretch at 9 considering how badly we need an athletic big.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any footage that shows us that Sochan is anything but another variation of Kyle Anderson. He’s smooth but he looks slow and lacks explosiveness. I see that he’s probably got more going for him than Anderson but it seems like a real stretch at 9 considering how badly we need an athletic big.
    he's nowhere near Kyle Anderson in term of athletism, where do you see that ? he's a good athlet. Don't think he's a reach and he will fill in a need in this roster as an SF/PF who plays big D. I think he's got plenty of uspide also in the offensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally any footage shows he's not Kyle Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Several sites mention this upfront

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Harrison Ingram is the better Kyle Anderson comp. Combo forward with great passing, solid defense, but fairly slow twitch.

Thread Information