Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bad for muddling the post, it's just that the Twitt shows Ball's knee not getting better and has pain everytime he try to ramp it out reminds me of Kawhi in his last season with us.
    It was Leonard’s quad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for the clarification there...I was having a hard time reconciling what Lonzo's injury had to do with Zach's. As to the knee issue with Zach, do we know what kind of surgery we're talking about here? I thought it was just a routine clean up...nothing to do with ligaments... if that's not the case I'd have more concern otherwise I'm not to worried. I'm sure our medical staff will do the requisite due diligence (like you said) and that's enough for me.
    My concern is with the Chicago Medical and Training Staff.

Supposedly Zach had been dealing with knee swelling and soreness for awhile and he didn't want to rest, likely due to the Bulls precarious position in the League Standings.
    Then this seemingly innocuous injury occurs against GS:

Now during this time, Ball was out with what was considered "Left Knee Soreness" which was U/G to "Left-Knee Bone Contusion" then finally to "Meniscus Tear". A week after the injury even Billy Donovan was interviewed about the injury suggesting "surgery wasn't on the cards". The day after, the meniscus tear news.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bu...-knee-injuries

Zach was on and off the court with that same injury lingering season long, now confirming he has to get it the knee scoped...

I just worry that the medical team didn't protect the players from themselves risking further injuries and career altering trajectories as a result.
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 05-16-2022 at 09:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was reported as just a cleanup - no structural damage.
    Yes but isn't it those same sources that have invested an interest in players receiving top dollar based on their reporting?
    I'm not saying that what they're stating is inaccurate, it is likely, just as you said, a cleanup.

But he does have a history of knee issues and the Bulls really weren't much of a team with him being the top dog. Is that a Max guy? Just sayin'.
    (And this is with me thinking that a healthy Lavine and DJ Backcourt sounds enticing).
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 05-16-2022 at 09:05 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My concern is with the Chicago Medical and Training Staff.

Supposedly Zach had been dealing with knee swelling and soreness for awhile and he didn't want to rest, likely due to the Bulls precarious position in the League Standings.
    Then this seemingly innocuous injury occurs against GS:

Now during this time, Ball was out with what was considered "Left Knee Soreness" which was U/G to "Left-Knee Bone Contusion" then finally to "Meniscus Tear". A week after the injury even Billy Donovan was interviewed about the injury suggesting "surgery wasn't on the cards". The day after, the meniscus tear news.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bu...-knee-injuries

Zach was on and off the court with that same injury lingering season long, now confirming he has to get it the knee scoped...

I just worry that the medical team didn't protect the players from themselves risking further injuries and career altering trajectories as a result.
    If your fears about their staff are justified it'll all come out when our staff reviews the records. So there's not much to worry about...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't remember that. Interesting if so. I wonder what TP liked about his game back when he was playing as Zach has gotten much better since then.
    I think just his athleticism. Back when he was a T wolf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaVar stirring the pot per par

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need for LaVine to agitate tbh. He's a UFA and will get at least one max offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

pipe dream, but a nice one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is lakers even an option with their cap space. Bulls so no to Westbrook. Now what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure, but I'd presume it's easier to take elite talent where you can and then build the roster rather than trying to find elite talent at the exact position where you are weakest.

This is all people should be thinking about. The Spurs with Lavine are in a much better position than any other scenario. This is really a no brainer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The leaked report is he is giving blazers, Hawks, lakers, mavs interviews. No mention of the spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The leaked report is he is giving blazers, Hawks, lakers, mavs interviews. No mention of the spurs.
    I believe all of those teams would need to do a S&T to acquire him. I would think to increase his leverage with the Bulls he'd want at least one team with the space to outright sign him. For instance, I doubt there's a trade the Bulls would want to do with LA for their junk (assuming AD is off the table) but, they might consider it if they faced the threat he could walk to a team with space for nothing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the spurs will wait it out if he isn't in the spurs to 4. I wouldn't be surprised if ayton accepts the max from a team day one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the spurs will wait it out if he isn't in the spurs to 4. I wouldn't be surprised if ayton accepts the max from a team day one.
    He is an RFA he’d be stupid not to accept a max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe all of those teams would need to do a S&T to acquire him. I would think to increase his leverage with the Bulls he'd want at least one team with the space to outright sign him. For instance, I doubt there's a trade the Bulls would want to do with LA for their junk (assuming AD is off the table) but, they might consider it if they faced the threat he could walk to a team with space for nothing...
    Blazers can easily pay him outright. Him leaving via S&T is most likely though regardless. He has more say on his destination, gets max money/years and the Bulls get something in return. Same reason we got something back for DDR. DDR had no options to sign outright at that price. Bulls needed us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers can easily pay him outright. Him leaving via S&T is most likely though regardless. He has more say on his destination, gets max money/years and the Bulls get something in return. Same reason we got something back for DDR. DDR had no options to sign outright at that price. Bulls needed us.
    I didn't realize the Blazers had that much room.... good to know..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would we want Lavine when we just had Demar and pretty much everybody hated him? Don’t give me Lavine shoots 3s stuff either demars better then Lavine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would we want Lavine when we just had Demar and pretty much everybody hated him? Don’t give me Lavine shoots 3s stuff either demars better then Lavine.
    Demar is but Lavine fits with Murray and is younger. Also the options are low. The draft is going to be very interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar is not better than Lavine. I don't think there's a gm in the league that would take DeMar over Lavine. Wtf?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought they closed that loophole in the CBA years ago where players could get max years via sign and trade. Thought the only way to get five years these days was to stick with your team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought they closed that loophole in the CBA years ago where players could get max years via sign and trade. Thought the only way to get five years these days was to stick with your team.
    That is correct. If he leaves the Bulls (whether FA or S^T) he loses the money he could get vs staying with CHI

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing Demar is better than Lavine at is staying healthy, which admittedly is pretty important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was Leonard’s quad.
    True but injured quads are thought to enhance the risk for knee problems

Thread Information