Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only thing that could hold him back is his knee...

pop said he'll to talk to kawhi/doctors before deciding if he could participate in team usa camp, hopefully he's fine and we get to see him play more
    It's not a knee problem, even though they call it "jumpers knee". It's tendinitis of the quad muscle on the front of the thigh. His knee is perfectly structurally sound.

I didn't know last year, other than he had a ish work ethic to overhaul his jumper in a few months with only a few days with Chip before the lockout. He pretty much just spotted up.

I knew this year, though. It's been since Sean was healthy that we had a SF who could start at the arc, and dunk at the rim in the half court offense. He's disruptive on BOTH ends of the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predicted he'd be an all-star in his 3rd or 4th season. I'll dig up the posts if you like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SMH you probably never even saw young Ron Artest play. How is some one going to say that Ron Artest wasn't athletic.
    I never said he wasn't...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, Artest wasn't as athletic as he was crazy and intimidating to others tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predicted young ron artest so I feel I hit the nail on the head.
    Pretty much. The "poor man's Bowen" predictions ended up being totally off-base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On PTR when what the FO was going to do with Staks expiring contract was being discussed last year I recall calling for Stak to stay and help KL to be an All-Star. I had no doubt about the ability and like many people had Pippen in the back of the mind.

I've also said a number of times that Pop had not given him the green light in attack yet as there was no need. Seeing some of the things he did against the Heat being such a young man was pretty scary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, Artest wasn't as athletic as he was crazy and intimidating to others tbh
    You never saw him play in his prime. That much is obvious.

I've been watching the NBA for 30+ years and I have seen three absolutely off the end of the bell curve athletes in all that time: LeBron, DRob and Artest. People forgot about DRob by the end of his career, too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans on this board for the most part underestimated Kawhi from the beginning (and I've been reading this board from the time Kawhi was drafted and traded). Most of you in the beginning strictly viewed him as a defensive player/rebounder. In college, Kawhi looked like a pro, period. At SDSU, he created shots in the paint. Watch the SDSU/UConn highlights from the 10/11 ncaa tourney.

The Spurs have made him pay his dues before they're going to spot him the ball. They're still doing it. They should've done it sooner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NOT even. Ron Artest is nowhere close athletic wise as Kawhi Leonard is / will be.
    Yeah.....one can see that you haven't watched Artest pre-2009.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expected him to be a good defender and rebounder but his offensive game surprised me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post on this thread.

always believed he'll be one of a player.
    Days after he was drafted, I posted a link to Barkley saying Kawhi was a starter even before ever suiting up. I agreed with him and was excited as .

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again. My intuition on him was the same I had with Ginobili. Time will prove me right or wrong....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never saw him play in his prime. That much is obvious.

I've been watching the NBA for 30+ years and I have seen three absolutely off the end of the bell curve athletes in all that time: LeBron, DRob and Artest. People forgot about DRob by the end of his career, too.
    By in his prime, do you mean in his days with the Kings or the Pacers? Because during his days with the Kings I don't really see it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy. Search my history....just ignore my other posts that have bad jokes or political incorrectness. I've said before he is real special. He's like a Hendrix out there.

I like your takes.

Hendrix or Prince, either way, he's special.

Thread Information