Page 276 of 280 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280 LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 6986
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've seen that video, Flair having one of the greatest rasslin' careers ever, and yes Rogers a huge influense on him.

I knew about Buddy Rogers because of the magazines (living out here in Cali), and when I first got into knowing who was who as a kd he ruled the rasslin' world.

Here he is winning the NWA le from Pat 0' Coinner, this was the biggest gate/attendance in history at the time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I've seen that video, Flair having one of the greatest rasslin' careers ever, and yes Rogers a huge influense on him.

I knew about Buddy Rogers because of the magazines (living out here in Cali), and when I first got into knowing who was who as a kd he ruled the rasslin' world.

Here he is winning the NWA le from Pat 0' Coinner, this was the biggest gate/attendance in history at the time.

Now that is a real quality rasslin match, you can see how heavily Flair borrowed from Buddy in there.

I didn't grow up with the 60s and 70s matches and only saw a lot of the 80s because my brother was a fanatic and had a lot on tape. This is one of my top fives for 80s rasslin

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Talk about irony, the story goes it was Dory Funk (the dad of Dory Jr. and Terry) who taught Flair the figure 4 leglock, ha~~~~

I saw that when it happened but it was great to see again, thanks~

But, you reminded me of how much I miss those WCW days.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I get the fact we see a lot of dumb kids posting here but aren't you little freaks bored with this pedo thing by now? Good God people, that was 45 years ago when I was a kid, and I'm no pedo, come on how dumb can ya be? Sure sure I might have been fooled but I didn't go looking for it.

How damn dumb are you people?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Last edited by Avante; 04-21-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Prince was a very talented guy, which got me thinking of other multi talented performers, like.....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    What happened to all those experts, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they finally accepted the fact there is a lot more to DNA than they wanted to admit.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe they finally accepted the fact there is a lot more to DNA than they wanted to admit.
    It really is amazing isn't it that some are so damn stupid they think DNA just came about on it's own, when it's so obvious that took a designer.

Now who/what that designer is/was.............?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Oh yes, just by chance.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Darwin's finches are pecking their way through evolution

More than 150 years after Charles Darwin proposed his theory of evolution by natural selection, the birds that helped shape his thinking are still actively evolving. And scientists have the genes to prove it.
    A team of researchers has identified a gene involved in shaping the beaks of Darwin's finches – small, seed-eating songbirds in the Galápagos islands, according to a paper published Thursday in the journal Science. The gene, HMGA2, is still actively molding the famous finches today.
    Darwin's birds were in fierce compe ion over scarce seeds after a severe drought struck Daphne Major Island a decade ago – a tiny scrap of land about five hours, by plane, off the coast of Ecuador. Two species in particular, the large ground finch and the medium ground finch, faced off.

But the compe ion wasn't as simple as species against species.

Medium ground finch beaks range in size, explains Leif Andersson, an animal geneticist at Uppsala University in Sweden, who led the new study. So the medium sized birds with larger beaks were competing against the large ground finches for larger seeds while the individuals with smaller beaks had the smaller seeds to themselves. The larger medium ground finches were often out-competed by the large ground finches, so the smaller-beaked birds stood a better chance in the drought.

"Those with larger beaks tended to die during this drought," Dr. Andersson tells The Christian Science Monitor in a phone interview. And because the birds with smaller beaks survived that drought best, "there's a tendency toward smaller beaks now."

Now, in their most recent paper, the team has identified a gene that contributes to that process, which helps the birds adapt to their drier environment.

After digging into the birds' DNA, the research team found that variation in the HMGA2 gene affects beak size. The genomes of many of the birds that survived the drought contained a variation of that gene associated with smaller beaks.

But that doesn't mean that the HMGA2 variation for larger beaks in the medium ground finches has gone extinct, Andersson says. There are still individuals with that version of the gene and larger beaks.
    And, as natural selection dictates, different ecological pressures may lead to a resurgence of that variant, too. "As long as both variants are present in the medium ground finch, they may to respond to what is available, so to speak," Andersson says. It will depend on which birds can forage for food and reproduce most effectively.

The HMGA2 gene isn't the only gene involved in beak size, Andersson says, but it is remarkably influential. And this same part of the genome is associated with stature in humans, too.

"This research shows the power of genome-wide analysis to find genes of importance in fitness-related traits across the entire genome, the equivalent to finding a needle in the haystack," Jaime Chaves, an evolutionary biologist at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito in Equador who was not part of the study, tells the Monitor in an email. "Identifying these genes allows us to understand how these building blocks of beak dimensions are responsible for such dramatic changes (from a bird perspective, as we are talking differences of millimeters)."

This team of researchers also identified a gene involved in the beak shape of Darwin's finches last year. The variations of the gene they identified then, ALX1, relates to either blunt or pointed beaks.
    Beak shape and size are two of the ways that Darwin's finches are distinct from each other. As different lineages diverged in order to exploit different resources on the Galápagos islands, differently sized and shaped beaks would have allowed birds to pick up and snack on different seeds.

Darwin's finches are "a model for evolutionary biodiversity on Earth," Andersson says.

The first finches that colonized the Galápagos were just one species, but today scientists recognize 18 different species across the islands.

The birds underwent a process that is a cornerstone of evolutionary biology: adaptive radiation. They began with one common ancestral species, but as they adapted to the different ecological niches on the islands, they began to diversify.

As the birds diversified, their morphology changed to best exploit whichever environment they were in. Ultimately new, distinct species emerged in a process called speciation.

"Many of us wonder and appreciate the amazing diversity of life on earth, both in the present day and in the fossil record. In order to understand how that bio-diversity arose we need to understand the process of speciation. When inferring how evolution occurred in the past, we need examples of how it occurs in contemporary time," study co-author Rosemary Grant, an evolutionary biologist who studied Darwin's finches in the Galápagos in a research team with her husband, Peter, for 40 years, says in an email to the Monitor. "Our research on Daphne Island in the Galapagos measured and demonstrated an unusually strong natural selection event during a two and a half year drought. This study extends our knowledge by showing the actual genes that were selected upon."

"We know that bacteria can evolve quickly in the laboratory but it is quite exceptional to find such a strong evolutionary change in a vertebrate animal," she says. "We are unable to study such events in humans, but we can in long-term studies of natural populations of birds and some other organisms."

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Only an idiot thinks DNA could just happen.

The only real question/mystery, is just who/what was the designer?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It smells like fart in here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    The only real question/mystery, is just who/what was the designer?
    probably the same idiot that designed pedo's.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It smells like fart in here.
    You're really married with kids? Do your kids know about all this?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    probably the same idiot that designed pedo's.
    Why do you ignore my stance on that illness? Do you always just ignore what people tell you?

I think pedos are sick people and need to be put away. You can't read?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    are you saying there are 2 designers?

one for regular folk and one for the pedo's?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're really married with kids? Do your kids know about all this?
    what's your deal old timer? I just made an observation.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    what's your deal old timer? I just made an observation.
    did you hear the scuttlebutt about there being maybe TWO designers?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    did you hear the scuttlebutt about there being maybe TWO designers?
    no. what's the scoop?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    no. what's the scoop?
    there has been some recent banter about that very possibility.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    there has been some recent banter about that very possibility.
    which designer makes Avante smell like fart?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Man I tell you what Avante bout there-that dang ol meaning o’life, man. It’s like this man. You’like a butterfly flappin ‘is wings deep down in that forest man an’ it gonna cause a tree fall like five thousand miles away man. If-an ain’t no body see itnobody don-done-e’en know it happen you know ibda baby born into this world int’know neck god dang friends got no nothin but da go come into find out about'em ol evil man. Man see like, you don even know man. When-dyagon it’d like you born into this world man and you got — it’s like this: dust in the wind man, or like a da?ng ol’ candle in the wind man. You gon — it don matter man it’s not the old oldies all th’ time man. You know what I think man? It’d like the the dang ol – I think therefore you are man.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're not dead!!!!

Thank goodness. We were beginning to worry.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    are you saying there are 2 designers?

one for regular folk and one for the pedo's?
    Ok man, time to put you on ignore, you're so far gone, it's comical.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Man I tell you what Avante bout there-that dang ol meaning o’life, man. It’s like this man. You’like a butterfly flappin ‘is wings deep down in that forest man an’ it gonna cause a tree fall like five thousand miles away man. If-an ain’t no body see itnobody don-done-e’en know it happen you know ibda baby born into this world int’know neck god dang friends got no nothin but da go come into find out about'em ol evil man. Man see like, you don even know man. When-dyagon it’d like you born into this world man and you got — it’s like this: dust in the wind man, or like a da?ng ol’ candle in the wind man. You gon — it don matter man it’s not the old oldies all th’ time man. You know what I think man? It’d like the the dang ol – I think therefore you are man.
    That was stupid.

Thread Information