Page 435 of 491 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,875 of 12267
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win championships whenever there were not any dominant teams?
    He sees Pop as a white demon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wots with ancient alts insisting this go to nBa forum. Either go hang out there or don’t read this thread if it annoys you.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I lose brain cells watching ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow what horrible analysis. So everything an organization does is to placate a media rumor/stance? It isn't perhaps about the organization itself making decisions about how it wants to be run? BSPN is so narcissistic I swear it's culture/CEO is probably some dude in a house full of mirrors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow what horrible analysis. So everything an organization does is to placate a media rumor/stance? It isn't perhaps about the organization itself making decisions about how it wants to be run? BSPN is so narcissistic I swear it's culture/CEO is probably some dude in a house full of mirrors.
    Eh, every news organization is always looking for some angle. I'm sure it is as boring as Tim knows Pop, he knows the system and culture, and he's been hanging around the team. He's bored so why not add a legend to the coaching staff. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Kawhi what so ever. I do think it's interesting that they "asked Manu first" as the news reports. I don't know that it was one or the other. I don't think the Spurs would disrespect Duncan by putting him second on the list behind Manu. And I'm sure Manu has a job the minute he decides he wants to coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs would disrespect Duncan by putting him second on the list behind Manu. And I'm sure Manu has a job the minute he decides he wants to coach.
    I think the FO was probing Manu about it even shortly after he retired, since he is so smart (bbIQ wise). I also doubt it would be one or the other, as they could have just brought him in as a consultant/advisor, like Timmy was to the bigs the last couple years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi said he’d be at full strength this year.
    "Yeah, for sure."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the FO was probing Manu about it even shortly after he retired, since he is so smart (bbIQ wise). I also doubt it would be one or the other, as they could have just brought him in as a consultant/advisor, like Timmy was to the bigs the last couple years.
    I wouldn’t boost about his bbIQ. He did plenty of dumb ass stuff as a player. What I admired was his fearlessness and determination. I actually think Tony Parker would be a better coach than Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t boost about his bbIQ. He did plenty of dumb ass stuff as a player. What I admired was his fearlessness and determination. I actually think Tony Parker would be a better coach than Manu.
    Whenever you think Manu might not be as smart as advertised, just go watch an off court interview to erase any doubt, tbh. Preferably in Spanish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP is a bag tbh. Don't think he'd be a good coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geezus, I'm dumber from having listened to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wanted to be in LA. So it was Lakers or Clippers nomatter what. Even if both Front Offices were ..
    He just wants to be coached by a black man, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya it sounds ridiculous, but I feel there is a growing feeling players have around the league that the coaches and owners represent slaveholders. That Simmons thing about him just wanting to play basketball and not hear from Pop about cultural respect and such got me thinking. It seems like Pop's pedigree and his outspokenness would make him exempt, but some might see him as "fake" or his opinions and speeches might even be considered irrelevant by the mere fact that he is white. It sounds ridiculous and it most likely is, but I after the Kaepernick thing especially, and with Lebron leading the player empowerment movement, I feel there is some tension between players and management.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya it sounds ridiculous, but I feel there is a growing feeling players have around the league that the coaches and owners represent slaveholders. That Simmons thing about him just wanting to play basketball and not hear from Pop about cultural respect and such got me thinking. It seems like Pop's pedigree and his outspokenness would make him exempt, but some might see him as "fake" or his opinions and speeches might even be considered irrelevant by the mere fact that he is white. It sounds ridiculous and it most likely is, but I after the Kaepernick thing especially, and with Lebron leading the player empowerment movement, I feel there is some tension between players and management.
    Has Pop ever been this out spoken with his politics since Trump got elected?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Doc only half black?

Uncle Dennis needs to take over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Doc only half black?

Uncle Dennis needs to take over.
    I don't think so. His son, Austin Rivers is half white, though.

Uncle Fester taking over is already in the works, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shout out to Dennis's mouth piece

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shout out to Dennis's mouth piece

Good thing for Dennis that pass untied Cris’s tubes. Now they can get pregnant and Dennis can have child of his own to pimp out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he would’ve stayed in Toronto or signed elsewhere not in LA I could believe you. But how did the Spurs do him wrong? Because the whole player meeting and all the media BS was AFTER the Spurs realized he was full of ...

The narrative is ass backwards and there’s a timeline to what happened but it seems people ignore it just so they can fit their narrative. I don’t have a problem with him wanting to go home..but don’t lie and sabotage the franchise and your teammates because you know the “homesick” card isn’t enough of a reason to justify you wanting out.

He was a Top 5 player then, just like he is now and they just got to the WCF. This isn’t like AD where he wanted out cause he wasn’t winning..he was winning in SA (WCF) and he just won a le in Toronto..

He literally said it himself it wasn’t about winning a le..he wanted it to be about family. But no he tricked his way out town and lied about it. Look at KD for example...you can literally make a case that the Warriors misdiagnosed him..he literally tore his Achilles because of it..he had every right to bash them and have that the reason to justify his actions..

But no...he kept it 100. Even if people didn’t agree of this reasons for leaving GSW he didn’t lie about it and try to manipulate the narrative. I respect that by KD and he really had an injury that the whole world saw, meanwhile Kawhi played hide and seek with an injury diagnosis that doesn’t justify missing 73 games.
    People were questioning KD's injury before he was an idiot and played...

Kawhi saying it wasn't about championships was referring to his move to LA... he would have simply sat out the playoffs since he was clearly hurt if he didn't care about winning...

According to ppl in the know, the Spurs did Kawhi wrong... And they were unaccustomed to players not bowing their head... Kawhi reached to a point after the disrespect that he didn't want to play for us anymore, and loyalists look at it as him just up and wanting out... U guys prefer players like Danny Green where Pop can tell the to "shut the up" and they just bow their heads

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you convinced of what you are writing?
    Come on man...
    Rushing him? He played just 9 games and only when he decided to...
    He was allowed (its not his right) to take decisions just with his own medical staff after the Spurs staff cleared him.
    He had to consult 9 doctors before having one that could confort I don't know what medical theory just for letting him do whatever he wanted...and don't tell me Spurs couldn't let him have the same "load management" he just had with Raptors...they allowed him to do whatever he wanted in the times he preferred...
    He took the money but not the role and responsability that cames with it...and all the facts and clues are in the sense that he simply decided to go the hard way and not play anymore also if he could have...
    Once cleared by doctors (not only Spurs doctors) he didn't have any right to feel disrespected for the simple fact that doubts were casted about the way he and his group managed the situation...
    The "double standard" you are talking about the Spurs behavior is simply ridicolous...because, at least publicly, nothing offensive have been said apart express some logical doubt (by teammates too) about a medical and pain situation that was not only incomprehensible by usual standards but also impossible to check simply because he did not allow it to be checked...
    These are facts, not "vibes" or opinions...
    Simply not true... Spurs were doing it WHILE throwing shade... So it wasn't genuine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m just saying it was a discussion across the media once KD tore his Achilles...was he misdiagnosed or pressured back? People in the media were literally comparing it to the Kawhi-SA situation.

KD could’ve easily used that as his reason to leave GSW...but it wasn’t. His mind was set on leaving before the season and his mind was already made..but he kept it 100.

Meanwhile Kawhi BS’d his way out due to injury management.. got traded and was “treated great” with Toronto and won a ing ring..yet he still left.

And then he finally confesses he just wanted to play at home. Also pretty much said family > rings as his priority..I mean I dunno what else has to be said for his true intentions to be shown.
    Ur mixing two things... AFTER he wanted out of San Antonio, he decided he might as well play at home... If spurs didn't do what they did, he would have still been a spur... I know it makes us feel better to say there is nothing we could have done, but that's not true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone knows he was saving himself bc of his thigh owie. He just didn't want to declare himself out for the year as that would put red flags on his bid to get the SuperMax. It all changed when TP called his ass out in public and the team turned on him in private. But in the beginning he was torn between wanting to go to LA (influenced by his uncle and sister who want to make the most money off him by managing him since he can't do but dribble a basketball), and wanting the SuperMax. But the thigh owie concerned him greatly, so he basically quit due to anxiety over reinjuring it. The docs looked at imaging and said there was nothing present, which made him even more anxious as they were basically calling him out that it was all due to individual pain tolerance (i.e. he's a pussy).
    No... The docs looked and said there WAS something, and the Spurs doctors ended up admitting there was... Ppl tend to leave that part out

Thread Information