Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll in' sulk ya.
    Go take your meds dale, maybe it will help you deal with your sperm shielding.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Go take your meds dale, maybe it will help you deal with your sperm shielding.
    lmcontrollinao!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmcontrollinao!!!
    He/she/it is telling you to take meds... How cute of that mentally ill re Ef- .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nuh uh

I do not have to explain

I will not chase that red herring

Cry some more and go sulk.
    Melt down.. you hate to see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The estrogen flows strong in Ef.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you are in hiding now after RG kicked your ass?

What? Nuh uh, you will not explain , and you are claiming victory because useful idiot joey has your back?

Your defense of Florida is not going away, chop, chop. You cannot have it both ways, idiot.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ruby red boondocks with no wifi and no services for miles are a sandwich conservatives and GOP voters have to eat.

The uber-blue ghetto majority-black violent crime ridden holes in the big cities are a sandwich Democrat voters like Will Hunting have to eat.

It is what it is.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The ruby red boondocks with no wifi and no services for miles are a sandwich conservatives and GOP voters have to eat.

The uber-blue ghetto majority-black violent crime ridden holes in the big cities are a sandwich Democrat voters like Will Hunting have to eat.

It is what it is.
    Yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What? Nuh uh, you will not explain , and you are claiming victory because useful idiot joey has your back?

Your defense of Florida is not going away, chop, chop. You cannot have it both ways, idiot.
    hiding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

^ imagine trying to be this hard up to feel relevant on an internet messageboard.

you have no irl friends. prove me wrong!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ imagine trying to be this hard up to feel relevant on an internet messageboard.

you have no irl friends. prove me wrong!
    Easy, I do not try to impress my friends by getting calf-tats and neck-tats to show where others have stomped me in fights.

Next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy, I do not try to impress my friends by getting calf-tats and neck-tats to show where others have stomped me in fights.

Next.
    I've never tried to impress anyone you ing fruit. As well I don't have any tattoos above my collar you stupid weak .

Keep talking behind your computer Mr. I Can Protect Myself, you sure can as you stay in the comfort of mommy's house.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

We collected 2019 and 2020 murder data from all 50 states. (Comprehensive 2021 data is not yet available.) We pulled the data from yearly crime reports released by state governments, specifically the Departments of Justice and Safety. For states that didn’t issue state crime reports, we pulled data from reputable local news sources. To allow for comparison, we calculated the state’s per capita murder rate, the number of murders per 100,000 residents, and categorized states by their presidential vote in the 2020 election, resulting in an even 25-25 split.

We found that murder rates are, on average, 40% higher in the 25 states Donald Trump won in the last presidential election compared to those that voted for Joe Biden. In addition, murder rates in many of these red states dwarf those in blue states like New York, California, and Massachusetts. And finally, many of the states with the worst murder rates—like Mississippi, Kentucky, Alabama, South Carolina, and Arkansas—are ones that few would describe as urban. Only 2 of America’s top 100 cities in population are located in these high murder rate states. And not a single one of the top 10 murder states registers in the top 15 for population density.

Whether one does or does not blame Republican leaders for high murder rates, it seems that Republican officeholders do a better job of blaming Democrats for lethal crime than actually reducing lethal crime.
    https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-...murder-problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say this.

Super progressive smaller college-town type of cities don't tend to be dystopian holes.

Think... Asheville NC. Denton TX. Ann Arbor MI. Marquette MI. Flagstaff AZ. All really nice places to live especially if you're younger and don't have a family. These type of places are both very blue and very nice and not full of creepy crawly nig-nogs. I would have included Madison Wisconsin on the list but it's been infested with nig nogs lately. Central North Carolina has great schools but forget-about-it because of the high nignog population. I haven't hung around the Ivy League areas but I'm sure they're fairly nice too if Ivy League is your thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say this.

Super progressive smaller college-town type of cities don't tend to be dystopian holes.

Think... Asheville NC. Denton TX. Ann Arbor MI. Marquette MI. Flagstaff AZ. All really nice places to live especially if you're younger and don't have a family. These type of places are both very blue and very nice and not full of creepy crawly nig-nogs. I would have included Madison Wisconsin on the list but it's been infested with nig nogs lately. Central North Carolina has great schools but forget-about-it because of the high nignog population. I haven't hung around the Ivy League areas but I'm sure they're fairly nice too if Ivy League is your thing.
    Never been to New Haven?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never been to New Haven?
    I've actually only been to Connecticut once and it was a few stops along a long road trip when I was 15. Up I-95. Didn't even go back the same route; went back I-90. I remember things looking posh and hilly and expensive but nothing super impressive. I actually have spent very minimal time in the Northeast anywhere north of NYC, though I have been to Maine three times (all in childhood/teenage hood) and New Hampshire four or five times as well, most iconic moment was when I beat the NH high school chess champion at the age of 7, there in Manchester in the fall of '01. Beautiful fall foliage up there.

But no, that's the area of the lower 48 I've frequented by far the least and I don't know anything about Ivy League culture and life. I assume it's pretty much posh snobby white liberal paradise where people like Will Hunting thrive.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I've actually only been to Connecticut once and it was a few stops along a long road trip when I was 15. Up I-95. Didn't even go back the same route; went back I-90. I remember things looking posh and hilly and expensive but nothing super impressive. I actually have spent very minimal time in the Northeast anywhere north of NYC, though I have been to Maine three times (all in childhood/teenage hood) and New Hampshire four or five times as well, most iconic moment was when I beat the NH high school chess champion at the age of 7, there in Manchester in the fall of '01. Beautiful fall foliage up there.

But no, that's the area of the lower 48 I've frequented by far the least and I don't know anything about Ivy League culture and life. I assume it's pretty much posh snobby white liberal paradise where people like Will Hunting thrive.
    There are some nice NYC suburbs in Southwest Connecticut but a lot of Connecticut is a hole; New Haven and Hartford specifically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are some nice NYC suburbs in Southwest Connecticut but a lot of Connecticut is a hole; New Haven and Hartford specifically.
    I've been offered jobs based in New Haven, Stamford, Hartford, so it's where the jobs are. I did wikipedia New Haven and yeah the demographics look pretty ty. Even worse in Hartford.

Side question, but in the spirit of this thread, have you ever been to Vermont? It's the one state out of the lower 48 that I've never been to in my entire life, probably because it was never "on the way" or back whenever my family or I would do roadtrips - but I would love to go check it out. I've heard it's like a European style utopia with all slightly-overpriced small businesses, amazing scenery, mountains, gorgeous trees, no billboards, almost no minorities and no walmart. Is that true??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cannot even walk around Johns Hopkins without an armed guard

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I've been offered jobs based in New Haven, Stamford, Hartford, so it's where the jobs are. I did wikipedia New Haven and yeah the demographics look pretty ty. Even worse in Hartford.

Side question, but in the spirit of this thread, have you ever been to Vermont? It's the one state out of the lower 48 that I've never been to in my entire life, probably because it was never "on the way" or back whenever my family or I would do roadtrips - but I would love to go check it out. I've heard it's like a European style utopia with all slightly-overpriced small businesses, amazing scenery, mountains, gorgeous trees, no billboards, almost no minorities and no walmart. Is that true??
    Yes, Vermont is beautiful. Been to Burlington several times. I’d move there except there isn’t much in terms of finance careers in Vermont.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Think... Asheville NC. Denton TX. Ann Arbor MI. Marquette MI. Flagstaff AZ.
    Denton is not super progressive, and outside of a decent live local music scene, it's pretty much a hole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denton is not super progressive, and outside of a decent live local music scene, it's pretty much a hole.
    I actually lived across the street from the UNT Union (technically off campus) for 2 years after living in one of the (better) dorms on-campus for 1 year. I have that experience, not you. The area I stayed in and hung around, usually on- or just off- campus is super progressive, and so is the downtown Denton square about a mile or so east of campus, which used to be extremely lively and full of live music but I think the covid restrictions ruined it as the square is no longer complete as it was from 2013-16 at least, I visited on Christmas Eve 2021 for about 20 minutes and it really breaks my heart to see what it's become. A lot of the businesses that made the square the gem it was are now abandoned and empty, a lot of dark buildings, and some of the (old) buildings have been completely demolished and replaced by empty lots, ugly fences and construction. It's sad because it was my favorite place to go when I needed a break from campus. I lived in Denton 3 years and that just breaks my heart.

I will say that Denton outside of the UNT area, the immediate surrounding area with the college student living apartments, and the square with the live music, is much different than the collegey part where I lived which is progressive. The outer parts of Denton are much more cowboy and hick culture, but there was rarely a need to go there.

Officially, the City of Denton has a population of 140K, with a 9% Democratic majority in vote share. It's not geneous though; the areas close to the university are very blue and the areas not close to the university are very red.

Yes, Vermont is beautiful. Been to Burlington several times. I’d move there except there isn’t much in terms of finance careers in Vermont.
    Work from home though? Most (medium or large) companies that did work from home since March of 2020 are allowing either permanent WFH for the employees that are adjusted to WFH and have tenure working from home for the company, or at very worst hybrid system where they'll ask you to go in one week or two out of the month, with travel expenses paid or reimbursed by the company. I don't know what company you work for but you seem to be in the educated white-collar WFH-caliber tier type of work.

My best friend in Fort Worth just had a second baby and has been working from home for 2 years now, he says he'll never go "back to the office" -- 9-5 office work day for most white collar jobs is dead.

I've been completely WFH since 03/13/2020 and will never go back to the office either citing that COVID-19 has given me a permanent disability of "social anxiety" which means I have to work remotely in order to succeed. It's mostly bull , but, the truth is I don't miss the days of commuting in traffic literally 10 times a week, even when gas prices were reasonable.

Living in Vermont seems ideal if you can get great wifi up there to work remotely. Property taxes are low compared to New Hampshire which has high property tax and no sales tax; so if you really need to go to a Walmart or Costco to stock up in bulk, just take an hour or less drive east to your nearest NH big box store and shop where there's no sales tax.

EDIT: they actually have a Costco right by Burlington though. so no need to waste all that gas to drive to south of Manchester if you need to go to a store like that.
    https://www.costco.com/warehouse-loc...er-vt-314.html
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 03-27-2022 at 05:13 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well sure Denton has progressive neighborhoods and the area immediately surrounding the UNT campus is liberal, but that can basically be said about every city and college neighborhood with the possible exception of Liberty.

Denton County is very conservative and even within the city limits they skew less Democrat than the whole DFW metroplex

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well sure Denton has progressive neighborhoods and the area immediately surrounding the UNT campus is liberal, but that can basically be said about every city and college neighborhood with the possible exception of Liberty.

Denton County is very conservative and even within the city limits they skew less Democrat than the whole DFW metroplex
    sure, if you only include Tarrant and Dallas counties as the DFW metroplex and also take out Beth Van Duyne's district in upscale ruby red Far North Fort Worth and nearby ultra rich ultra white suburbs, basically the northern third of Tarrant County.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    sure, if you only include Tarrant and Dallas counties as the DFW metroplex and also take out Beth Van Duyne's district in upscale ruby red Far North Fort Worth and nearby ultra rich ultra white suburbs, basically the northern third of Tarrant County.
    Nope.

Thread Information