Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a military pecking order? What was his rank? LMAO.
    starting SG. „He reminds me of Steph“

This is more about the old days when he played his guys, mainly the vets while having young guys sit there and watch Belinelli play defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte is more of a baller type who thinks only baller types can win. He has a lot of Stephen A. Smith to him. Guessing, if this isn't just joshing, he thinks the franchise will struggle because it doesn't cater to the baller class, when they've won 5 championships not doing so.

In fact ballers have never won any championship.
    Those 5 chips were because of Tim Duncan who was able to both lead and navigate all personalities in the interest of winning. Tim Duncan would have adored a teammate like DJ.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​

I obviously don’t know what‘s going on behind the scenes, but as I mentioned in 2017 there was some clique buidling going on between the older and younger guys (Dedmon, Simmons, Kawhi) with reports saying that they didn‘t want to be educated about black culture by an old white guy or something along those lines. Then there‘s the thing TimVP said about somebody clashing with Kawhi who can‘t be fired. Then there‘s the whole military pecking order Pop been running. Now there have been reports about a rift in the front office on which direction to go in the future. I can‘t point the finger at one thing, but it‘s certainly not running as smooth as the Spurs make it seem to be.
    I thought it was known that DRob was the one clashing with Kawhi. He even made an appearance on draft day to make up for it haha.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those 5 chips were because of Tim Duncan who was able to both lead and navigate all personalities in the interest of winning. Tim Duncan would have adored a teammate like DJ.
    I’d have to disagree……DJ’s super ra ra! He says the right things but you can’t fake forever ( grandma told us that our whole lives ) be who you are!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [/B]

Just because? that get the best that's out there.
    In virtually everything else, I'd agree. In this, get someone who can "relate" to the majority of these players.

Besides, there is no such thing as "best" coach or candidate anyway. It's all subjective.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte is more of a baller type who thinks only baller types can win. He has a lot of Stephen A. Smith to him. Guessing, if this isn't just joshing, he thinks the franchise will struggle because it doesn't cater to the baller class, when they've won 5 championships not doing so.

In fact ballers have never won any championship.
    Funny thing is, he's not a baller like that. He's not Demar. He's not even JCrossover.

He WANTS. to be a street-cred-focused decent player, but we'll see how he looks in Atlanta. He was a very borderline all-star on a team with no one else to take shots.

But we'll see how he looks in Atlanta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if youth can still be used as an excuse here. He’s 25. That’s an adult man who has a ton of responsibility for his platform. He’s a , period.
    Changing user name to , Period anytime soon?

Kidding.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s impulsive. He’s also driven. I guess it combines in awkward ways. I’d say he’s maybe not so much a but rather someone who is constantly saying . He probably contradicts himself a lot. Anyway, whether or not he said this stuff, his legacy with the team is from a time that will largely be forgotten whether fans still like him or not.

It’s like debating who was better, Alvin Robertson or Walter Berry. No one cares years later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think they’re holding out for generational. It would be nice, but they’d probably settle for a solid franchise guy that could take them a few rounds deep, and maybe if the stars align, a chip. You have to churn the guys who aren’t that,because otherwise, you end up paying too many mediocre players, and lose the ability to accrue draft picks. OKC is approaching that threshold now, and the only young player they’re paying is SGA.
    I think OKC is perfectly threading the needle. Houston also appears to be doing well and are on a good trajectory following the Harden trade. Time will tell for us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think those beyond basketball things are? What are the problematic off the court things the franchise does that is hurting the program and the players? I'm genuinely curious, not asking sarcastically.
    Finance, I think the thing most upset him probably is the team trading away white and putting Poeltl up for trade during last trade deadline and probably telling him they are not going to pursue Levine nor pay him max after his contract end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I usually give guys a pass for the dumb they tweeted when they were kids... but someone unearthed this gem and I think it's funny.

In the end, Murray was not a culture fit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Guy Has Been Typing Like This For Almost A Decade Jesus F'n Christ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why Spurs fans are heckling DJ on social media. He obviously wanted to be in San Antonio and was hurt that he was traded so now he's overcompensating. No need to make him feel worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s impulsive. He’s also driven. I guess it combines in awkward ways. I’d say he’s maybe not so much a but rather someone who is constantly saying . He probably contradicts himself a lot. Anyway, whether or not he said this stuff, his legacy with the team is from a time that will largely be forgotten whether fans still like him or not.

It’s like debating who was better, Alvin Robertson or Walter Berry. No one cares years later.
    Alvin. I care, and it’s not even close. He was a multi All Star, multi All D, one time All NBA selection.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was known that DRob was the one clashing with Kawhi. He even made an appearance on draft day to make up for it haha.
    I've never heard this. If it was D-Rob, what were they clashing about? And which draft day are you referring to? Didn't D-Rob also try and talk to Kawhi when he asked out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think OKC is perfectly threading the needle. Houston also appears to be doing well and are on a good trajectory following the Harden trade. Time will tell for us.
    We’ll see. OKC wasn’t able to rent cap room this summer, and used and traded FIVE FRPs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why Spurs fans are heckling DJ on social media. He obviously wanted to be in San Antonio and was hurt that he was traded so now he's overcompensating. No need to make him feel worse.
    This.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes not wrong about the Spurs. We are a joke. But whoever thought this guy was something special is also pretty stupid... at least not as stupid as him, cause watching this re type is another level of stupidity.
    Enjoy Atlanta and being Traes .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn’t agree more. He’s responding in an immature way to the business side of the game.

He wanted to be here going into free agency I mean he was publicly recruiting Lavine.

If he continues the level of play he showed this past season he will get his max deal for certain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alvin. I care, and it’s not even close. He was a multi All Star, multi All D, one time All NBA selection.
    Quadruple-double

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause a large portion of Spurfan are spoiled turds tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn’t agree more. He’s responding in an immature way to the business side of the game.

He wanted to be here going into free agency I mean he was publicly recruiting Lavine.

If he continues the level of play he showed this past season he will get his max deal for certain.
    I'm pretty sure his stats will take a dip especially in assists and rebounds, so I don't think he will be viewed as a max player. With that being said I assume he will shoot the 3 better and I actually see the Trae Young/DJ pairing working pretty well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure his stats will take a dip especially in assists and rebounds, so I don't think he will be viewed as a max player. With that being said I assume he will shoot the 3 better and I actually see the Trae Young/DJ pairing working pretty well
    You’re in the minority with your opinion. DJ has always been fairly meh as an off ball player, and he’ll be nothing else in a lineup with Trae.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re in the minority with your opinion. DJ has always been fairly meh as an off ball player, and he’ll be nothing else in a lineup with Trae.
    maybe, but he shot 32% last season. It's not far fetched to think he could up that to 36%. Also Atlanta's issue is defense, since everybody will just be standing around on offense watching Trae Young do all kind of , while he's a traffic cone on defense. They need somebody to set the tone on D and DJ is certainly the right guy for that. He also got some pretty good roll men on that team who are more skilled than Jakob on offense

Thread Information