Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    MJ/Pip/Rodman defending those guys.

Come on, man!!

But it would be a good series.
    regularly getting fed by chuck, penny and others for 40+, im sure KD and Steph would do just fine

Lebron's super team in Miami noticeably absent
    probably because it wasnt a true superteam on par with magics lakers, birds celtics, jordans bulls and steph/kds warriors

those teams all had 3 stars and a bunch of quality balanced depth

miami had 3 stars and mike miller/ray allen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    regularly getting fed by chuck, penny and others for 40+, im sure KD and Steph would do just fine

probably because it wasnt a true superteam on par with magics lakers, birds celtics, jordans bulls and steph/kds warriors

Jordan’s bulls, especially the first threepeat was not a superteam. It was Jordan and pippen.

The Lebron heat were clearly a superteam. The fact that Ray Allen is a fourth wheel tells you how great a collection of talent they had. Players like Shane battier and Haslem are quality role players.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ray Allen was not that far removed from all-star Ray Allen (if at all removed).

And Mike Miller was a stat stuffer in Memphis. I at Tom Rivers or whoever it was calling him out on playing possom with all that lurching over like his back was bad.

All the same, I would agree Miami was not as deep as other teams.

But would that matter if Bosh, LBJ, Wade were considered more dominant / clutch in their own right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan’s bulls, especially the first threepeat was not a superteam. It was Jordan and pippen.

The Lebron heat were clearly a superteam. The fact that Ray Allen is a fourth wheel tells you how great a collection of talent they had. Players like Shane battier and Haslem are quality role players.
    They were considering the 90s nba was diluted and other teams had so many scrubs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were considering the 90s nba was diluted and other teams had so many scrubs
    I would agree that they were clearly the most stacked during the era but I thought we are comparing cross era.

It’s most likely the most stacked teams winning it all. Not often you can have four HoFers with a couple of them in their primes not winning a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong

MJ/Pip/Rodman defending those guys.

Come on, man!!

But it would be a good series.
    why does everyone forget Harper? The guy was a very good defensive player, especially with Chicago. IMO, if that Bulls team had David Robinson, they go 82-0, instead of 72-10.....The defense would have been the best in the history of the NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Healthy 87 Celtics and 87 Pistons were both better than 87 Lakers, tbh.
    I agree with you bro, healthy 87 Celtics was pretty insane....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh as hateable as they are, the 17 warriors have to be on that list. a legit argument as the goat team
    Ya, did not know why no one simply mention the 17' Warriors team, dude has two GOAT-tier candidates KD and Steph...
    Simply invincible...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick one Lakers squad since one franchise shouldn't be represented twice.

88 Pistons were robbed we all know this... would've gone back-to-back against prime magic and bird and three-peated, all while fending off Peaking Jordan.

That should put them ahead of 2014 Spurs only because they won one championship against a fairly washed up Heats team.
    2014 Spurs are not better than 1999 Spurs, which was 15-2 in the playoffs and 74% in the season...
    Just 1 tier behind 01 Lakers

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bulls had scrubs like Simpkins, Buechler and Randy Brown. Not sure I would call that quality depth

Still a super team, just like Miami was a super team by virtue of being so top heavy.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    why does everyone forget Harper? The guy was a very good defensive player, especially with Chicago. IMO, if that Bulls team had David Robinson, they go 82-0, instead of 72-10.....The defense would have been the best in the history of the NBA.
    You are correct. Shame on me for forgetting Harp.

Damn that Bulls team was long and mean. Bulls over 2017 Warriors in 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls had scrubs like Simpkins, Buechler and Randy Brown. Not sure I would call that quality depth

Still a super team, just like Miami was a super team by virtue of being so top heavy.
    Kukoc the best 6th man and also the best international player at the time, could play multiple positions and hit big shots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bulls over 2017 Warriors in 5.
    Bulls would be lucky to win 1 game

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Battier and Haslem were no bums.

Heat had some players. Bulls depth was only marginally better, imo.

And Mike Miller was a stat stuffer in Memphis. I at Tom Rivers or whoever it was calling him out on playing possom with all that lurching over like his back was bad.

But would that matter if Bosh, LBJ, Wade were considered more dominant / clutch in their own right?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kukoc the best 6th man and also the best international player at the time, could play multiple positions and hit big shots
    Yeah but Simpkins, Buechler, Brown and Scott Burrell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but Simpkins, Buechler, Brown and Scott Burrell
    Buechler was a decent rotation role player for their needs tbh
    Obviously he was limited but he did what he had to do , a couple of 3s, some rebounding and energy off the bench

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    he was 37+, barely averaged 10 a game, and played trash defense. he was very far removed from all-star Ray Allen

yes my point. they had known names but not quality depth. Miller and Battier were decent players at best in their careers, but were mostly 1 trick ponies on offense (hitting spot up 3s)

winning 14 our of 16 playoff series and back to back championships in a 4 year span is among the most dominant stretches in modern NBA history, id they they accomplished quite a bit, and potentially could have won more had they stayed together.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

lol yes they were scrubs who mainly played scrub minutes in blowout games. they were never relied on in any kind of meaningful situations, compared to mario chalmers who while he had a clutch gene, negated it with a re ation gene by doing 3 stupid things for every clutch thing he did. or how about relying on joel anthony or birdman as starters? not comparable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls would be lucky to win 1 game
    Rodman would make Green his prison . Pippen would be glued to Klay. Jordan glued to Iggy. Harper glued to Steph. If the play by 90s rules, Bulls sweep. If they play by today's sissy ass rules, Bulls in 6, as they would need a few games to adjust to the ness of the league. BTW, offensively, Jordan would be unstoppable if you can't touch him anymore.....he would be going off for 50 or 60 a game in the series, living at the FT line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yes they were scrubs who mainly played scrub minutes in blowout games. they were never relied on in any kind of meaningful situations, compared to mario chalmers who while he had a clutch gene, negated it with a re ation gene by doing 3 stupid things for every clutch thing he did. or how about relying on joel anthony or birdman as starters? not comparable
    off the bench....Kerr, Kukoc, and Salley are not a bad trio. Their 3 headed C of Edwards (2 time champion), Longley, and Wennington are more than adequate against whatever C the Warriors had.

When the Warriors added Durant....Rodman on Green, Pippen on Durant, Jordan on Klay, Harper on Curry.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    off the bench....Kerr, Kukoc, and Salley are not a bad trio. Their 3 headed C of Edwards (2 time champion), Longley, and Wennington are more than adequate against whatever C the Warriors had.

When the Warriors added Durant....Rodman on Green, Pippen on Durant, Jordan on Klay, Harper on Curry.
    i personally think the warriors simply have too much scoring punch for the bulls to keep up

the bulls would have to get a lot of offensive rebounds and turnovers to win 4 games in that series

both teams are built away from the post, and the warriors are simply better built at that style of game. i believe the only way to beat such a team is to have a guy like shaq, timmy or kareem and outlaw zone defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman would make Green his prison . Pippen would be glued to Klay. Jordan glued to Iggy. Harper glued to Steph. If the play by 90s rules, Bulls sweep. If they play by today's sissy ass rules, Bulls in 6, as they would need a few games to adjust to the ness of the league. BTW, offensively, Jordan would be unstoppable if you can't touch him anymore.....he would be going off for 50 or 60 a game in the series, living at the FT line.
    Is that a copy/pasta from a 12 y/o Redditor, what the actual

Believe.
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    he was 37+, barely averaged 10 a game, and played trash defense. he was very far removed from all-star Ray Allen

yes my point. they had known names but not quality depth. Miller and Battier were decent players at best in their careers, but were mostly 1 trick ponies on offense (hitting spot up 3s)

winning 14 our of 16 playoff series and back to back championships in a 4 year span is among the most dominant stretches in modern NBA history, id they they accomplished quite a bit, and potentially could have won more had they stayed together.
    Spurs choked up that one legit le LeBron got. The other was another shortened season handout. The Heatles were a bust.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6:00 "Okay, that's not beyond Magic Johnson kind of numbers."

I got to remember that line.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody told me that Magic was not top 5 players all time as when he did not have GOAT-er like Jabbar, he just lost ing twice in Finals.

What do you guys think? Just curious, man

Thread Information