Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it extremely ironic that all of the people who said "Trump would destroy America" are the one's burning our cities to the ground.
    copy/pasta from ducks.

There's no way you wrote that.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Thing with text walls is that it makes it so easy to hedge.

You say the left's motive is to blame Trump and then you yourself proceed to bash him.

Whatever.
    So use fewer words. Cool.

Trump bad. Me no like Trump. Me also no like lies, regardless of political affiliation.

Don’t have to like lies just because they bash Trump. He things up all by his self.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Thing with text walls is that it makes it so easy to hedge.

You say the left's motive is to blame Trump and then you yourself proceed to bash him.

Whatever.

Trump bad. Me no like Trump. Me also no like lies, regardless of political affiliation.

Don’t have to like lies just because they bash Trump. He things up all by his self.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    copy/pasta from ducks.

There's no way you wrote that.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Why shouldn't Trump get blamed? He's the one who kept wishcasting this virus away instead of trying to prepare for it. He's the one who rushed re-opening before stomping the virus down to levels where maybe it could be reasonably controlled through testing and contact tracing like some of the world's other rich nations have done. He's the one who decided gyms should be on the phase 1 of reopening after a late lobbying push despite them being horrible for infections, with people in enclosed areas breathing hard and thus expelling lots of droplets. He made masks into a political issue and tried to poison 30% of the country against them by claiming people were wearing masks just to make him look bad. Not trying to excuse Cuomo's monumental -up with putting COVID positive people back into the nursing homes and getting lots more killed nor Newsom's botched reopening that has made California into what will soon be the world's worst COVID hotspot, but this is Trump's government and he's the one responsible for leading a national response. We're the laughingstock of the world, the country the rest of the rich countries pity. As much as I hate George W Bush, he would have never botched the response the way Trump has. Trump has tried to make everything about himself. The ridiculous thing is with a half competent response he would have been a shoo-in for re-election. For the week he took the virus seriously in March his favorability was way up until he turned the coronavirus briefings into rambling campaign rallies.
    Trump should absolutely be blamed for all of the -ups handling the pandemic. I didn’t say he shouldn’t. I said that it’s the motive of the extreme left to twist facts. And in reality, it’s unnecessary because as you just listed a bunch of reasons why, Trump doesn’t need any lies to be blamed for all of those -ups.

I’m just saying just because you’re against trump or against the right, it doesn’t mean that you have to blindly agree with everything left. I think both sides of American politics have been terrible during this whole global health crisis.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senile Joe gonna save us.
    Literally any semi-serious politician would handle the pandemic better than Trump has.

Why can't you just admit he sucks at this?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never been a Biden fan, but god yes he sounds amazing compared to Trump. Kasich or even Pence would sound amazing instead of Trump. Even W Bush or Gore would be an enormous upgrade.
    Holy W was a pandemic hawk. I would've taken his easel away and made him a response czar in February if he passed Trump's cognition test.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump should absolutely be blamed for all of the -ups handling the pandemic. I didn’t say he shouldn’t. I said that it’s the motive of the extreme left to twist facts. And in reality, it’s unnecessary because as you just listed a bunch of reasons why, Trump doesn’t need any lies to be blamed for all of those -ups.

I’m just saying just because you’re against trump or against the right, it doesn’t mean that you have to blindly agree with everything left. I think both sides of American politics have been terrible during this whole global health crisis.
    What is the media twisting about Trump with a left-bias with respect to the pandemic? The national response is Trump's responsibility. He is the GOP and the GOP controls 3 of the 4 houses of the federal government. The red-state governors basically fell in line with his no-preconditions re-opening plans. There is a rat at the top of the chain and I don't see where there has been a left-bias saying it stinks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aged as well as the times he posted the actual news about Manafort, Flynn and Roger Stone being charged and found guilty of crimes......and then have the president and DOJ corrupt and set free each individuals.

Where did your snarky comments disappeared to when that happened?
    You don't understand how whataboutism works

Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senile Joe gonna save us.
    Anything to justify your vote for Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol yeah you still don't get it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything to justify your vote for Trump
    This from an "Anyone but Trump"er

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol yeah you still don't get it
    Cute empty retort

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What lies?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This from an "Anyone but Trump"er
    whataboutism!

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    What is the media twisting about Trump with a left-bias with respect to the pandemic?
    I must admit. I hate to do this because this comes off as me defending Trump. And I hate Trump. And I want him out of office.

Trump has been accused of calling the coronavirus a “hoax.” He did not. He used the word hoax. But he did not call covid-19 a hoax. He called the democratic criticism of his handling of the pandemic the hoax. For months, liberal media never makes the distinction and just continues to say he called the actual coronavirus a hoax.

Trump has also been accused of firing the White House pandemic team. It’s not true. They left the administration and were not replaced. They were not fired.

Democrats allege that Trump slashed the CDC budget. He offered budget cuts to the CDC. Those cuts never happened. And subsequent bills that have been passed under Trump actually increased their budget.

Biden accused Trump of rejecting coronavirus testing kits from the WHO. The WHO never offered to sell Trump any alleged tests.

And twisting facts also come in the form of statistical manipulation and lies of omission. There have been statistics like 100% positives testings in some centers or the conflation of less accurate positive antibody tests with the actual positive viral tests or, for example, the death by motorcycle accident do ented as a covid death that skew the overall numbers. I’m not suggesting it makes a huge difference as I have no idea how much manipulation on positive tests and number of deaths have actually occurred. But failure of left media to acknowledge that the numbers may be at least a little off is disingenuous reporting. Further, with the liberal media heroizing Fauci as much as they have, they refuse to also talk about his inconsistencies early on in the pandemic with comments like the coronavirus was not a threat to the citizens of the United States and the general public should not wear a mask, meanwhile vilifying Trump for similar inconsistent comments.

I feel dirty because again I am anti-Trump. But some on the left act like the left tells the unbiased truth all of the time, they never twist facts, they don’t play dirty. We all know the nutjob conspiracy theory right tells lies and twist facts. Probably more than the left. But so does the left.

Do you honestly believe that democratic politicians are honest and righteous and the liberal media is authentically unbiased factual reporting? I consider myself just left of center. Not everyone on the left are lemmings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ you're mixing up what Democrats have been disingenuous about vs what the media actually reported in some of those cases.

The "hoax" thing happened because Trump is such a terrible communicator that it sounded to many like he meant the virus itself was a hoax. Outlets like NBC got it wrong but the AP actually got it correct.

And fwiw, Trump Jr flat out called the virus itself a hoax just a couple of weeks later.

I think politicians on both sides have always tended to stretch the truth to meet their agendas. I think there are media outlets out there that lean heavy left or heavy right which leads to suspect reporting, but I also think there are some outlets that honestly try to report the truth/facts.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    My problem isn’t so much that either side (and yes I lump the politicians and media together for both sides) is biased in quotes from politicians and news and information from left or right news sources. They always have been. They always will be. My problem more so specifically right now during this pandemic is that both sides have been more concerned with political agendas and trying to embarrass the other side and prove they’re wrong and lying that the dissemination of news and information about the coronavirus gets cluttered up with so much political bull , and it’s hard to filter it all out to get to the truth.

What is the real truth about anything and everything covid-19? No one ing knows. It’s drowning in political sewage.

It’s a major reason why this country continues to be so divided and can’t get on the same page to battle the coronavirus. Put political pride aside, agree on a unified, cohesive national strategy to attack the coronavirus, and we’d be in exponentially better shape than what we are now.

And both the right and the left are to blame.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't place much distinction between Trump's "hoax" comments and the subsequent interpretation. What he was basically saying is that Democrats were overreacting to COVID as a strategic attack on his Presidency.

It's like saying "Seatbelts are unnecessary safety theater." You may not be specifically saying that people won't die if they get into a head-on collision without a seatbelt, but the overall effect is basically the same.

And given how many of Trump's cultists actually DO think COVID itself is a hoax, it's an all-the-more dangerous thing to poorly communicate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My problem isn’t so much that either side (and yes I lump the politicians and media together for both sides) is biased in quotes from politicians and news and information from left or right news sources. They always have been. They always will be. My problem more so specifically right now during this pandemic is that both sides have been more concerned with political agendas and trying to embarrass the other side and prove they’re wrong and lying that the dissemination of news and information about the coronavirus gets cluttered up with so much political bull , and it’s hard to filter it all out to get to the truth.

What is the real truth about anything and everything covid-19? No one ing knows. It’s drowning in political sewage.

It’s a major reason why this country continues to be so divided and can’t get on the same page to battle the coronavirus. Put political pride aside, agree on a unified, cohesive national strategy to attack the coronavirus, and we’d be in exponentially better shape than what we are now.

And both the right and the left are to blame.
    K, looks like you're set to stick with sweeping generalizations. It takes a little effort to get the truth but it can be done.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It takes a little effort to get the truth but it can be done.
    This cuck.

TheGreatYacht

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The white liberal men that want open borders are cucks."

- Angelo John Gage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Large, randomized COVID-19 recovery study

We report the preliminary results for the comparison of hydroxychloroquine vs. usual care alone. The primary outcome was 28-day mortality. Results: 1561 patients randomly allocated to receive hydroxychloroquine were compared with 3155 patients concurrently allocated to usual care. Overall, 418 (26.8%) patients allocated hydroxychloroquine and 788 (25.0%) patients allocated usual care died within 28 days (rate ratio 1.09; 95% confidence interval [CI] 0.96 to 1.23; P=0.18). Consistent results were seen in all pre-specified subgroups of patients. Patients allocated to hydroxychloroquine were less likely to be discharged from hospital alive within 28 days (60.3% vs. 62.8%; rate ratio 0.92; 95% CI 0.85-0.99) and those not on invasive mechanical ventilation at baseline were more likely to reach the composite endpoint of invasive mechanical ventilation or death (29.8% vs. 26.5%; risk ratio 1.12; 95% CI 1.01-1.25). There was no excess of new major cardiac arrhythmia. Conclusions: In patients hospitalized with COVID-19, hydroxychloroquine was not associated with reductions in 28-day mortality but was associated with an increased length of hospital stay and increased risk of progressing to invasive mechanical ventilation or death.
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....15.20151852v1

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The white liberal men that want open borders are cucks."

- Angelo John Gage
    Well, Blake just sat there and apologized to the dude ing his wife for intruding on them in his own house.
    He's that weak of a man. And then he comes on here and pretends to know how sh** works.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats were overreacting to COVID as a strategic attack on his Presidency.
    that is still Limbaugh's LIE

Thread Information