Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or you offer Bryn and ask the Lakers to attach a FRP to Westbrick
    Unless the Lakers are willing to attach THT, Russ is officially unmovable and will finish this contract in LA. The Lakers have 120mm tied up between LBJ/AD/Russ. I think they can trade their 2026 FRP maybe LOL.

Lebron is a of a ball player but as a GM not so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Break to smaller pieces to get Myles Turner? Has he fallen that low?
    Like a number of players, the new game ushered in in 2015 has dropped his value drastically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or you offer Bryn and ask the Lakers to attach a FRP to Westbrick
    LOL. I don’t think the Lakers have a FRP left this decade to trade outright. They’ll be paying for AD after both LeBron and he retire.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jak has been great and arguably the 2nd best player on team. But I do agree he’s a candidate to be moved sooner rather than later to extract some value before his deal is done. I look at a team like GSW as a potential partner, who are playing great, but probably would like to shore up the 5 as they prepare for likes of Ayton, Joker, and Rudy in playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious what would a trade with Golden State look like? Or what player or picks would you want from them in a trade?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious what would a trade with Golden State look like? Or what player or picks would you want from them in a trade?
    They have lots of interesting young pieces over there, but I’d probably target Wiseman personally with the understanding that Spurs may have include something else too. Not everyone’s cup of tea, I know, but seems like someone they can be patient on along side Primo, Devon, and this years pick.

So may be Jak and that protected CHI pick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said more or less the same thing in another topic some days ago.

It's not even about winning a ring, it's about getting the best value.

Right now, he's on one of the best contracts in the league, no question. But his current deal expires in 2023 and he'll certainly ask for ~15 million per year. As he should because he's better than a lot of players who earn that kind of money.
    But then his value to the team diminishes.

Not to mention that he'd get hacked every close game in the playoffs. And it doesn't look like he'll ever improve his FTs.

He's good at his role on offense, but current roster would benefit so much from a big that's able to stretch the floor.

I'd do that same trade you suggested if we can get a good wing from it.
    The point about his next deal is important. Strong possibility he’s gone after 2023, which should but his high value right now into greater focus. I think Spurs reassess if they see signs of life out of Zach.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like a number of players, the new game ushered in in 2015 has dropped his value drastically.
    I haven't watched Turner specifically, but his stats this year are sterling.

Hitting 36.5% of the 4.6 threes he takes per game and 68.0% on 2-pointers.
    Career 35.4% from three, not great but good enough from your center imo.
    48.0% of his shots are from 3, 24.6% from 0-3 ft, 19.7% from 3-10 ft (7.7% from all other locations).
    TS% of 64.1 (quite good for a player with half his attempts from three).
    BLK% of 8.3 (leads the league).
    WS/48 of 0.166 this season and 0.131 for his career.
    One more year on his deal at $18M.

Is this guy a locker room problem or something? Or does Indiana just want a fresh start? If it's the latter I would absolutely want him on the Spurs, though of course it depends on what Indiana would want in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

48.0% of his shots are from 3, 24.6% from 0-3 ft, 19.7% from 3-10 ft (7.7% from all other locations).

Is this guy a locker room problem or something? Or does Indiana just want a fresh start? If it's the latter I would absolutely want him on the Spurs, though of course it depends on what Indiana would want in return.

The Pacers have a 14-21 record with a payroll that’s within $2M of putting them into the luxury tax. In other words, they have a severe lack of bang for the buck.

Sabonis and Turner are both talented players, but as a tandem they aren’t working out. Thus the interest in trading one or the other, in hopes of a combination that will work better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So he is going to want to get paid big time money for his new contract is he a max guy? Is he a guy you invest a large chunk of your teams salary in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the Lakers are willing to attach THT, Russ is officially unmovable and will finish this contract in LA. The Lakers have 120mm tied up between LBJ/AD/Russ. I think they can trade their 2026 FRP maybe LOL.

Lebron is a of a ball player but as a GM not so much.
    THT probably has negative value right now. He was overhyped before this year and now he's absolutely terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THT probably has negative value right now. He was overhyped before this year and now he's absolutely terrible.
    I remember that turd Bynumite would come on this board to brag about THT being better than any of our young players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that turd Bynumite would come on this board to brag about THT being better than any of our young players
    Lakers players get so overhyped it's absurd. Brandon ing Ingram got an All-Star berth because of the media and fan hype and he clearly didn't deserve it.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pacers have a 14-21 record with a payroll that’s within $2M of putting them into the luxury tax. In other words, they have a severe lack of bang for the buck.

Sabonis and Turner are both talented players, but as a tandem they aren’t working out. Thus the interest in trading one or the other, in hopes of a combination that will work better.
    Good explanation, thanks.

Giving Indiana some more room under the tax would require sending out less than $18M. That would be tough for the Spurs to do because Thad + Lonnie (for example) is too much money, but getting to $15M without Thad is difficult unless Poeltl is included. I don't think the Spurs would want to send out Poeltl for Turner fwiw, but I could be wrong.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good explanation, thanks.

Giving Indiana some more room under the tax would require sending out less than $18M. That would be tough for the Spurs to do because Thad + Lonnie (for example) is too much money, but getting to $15M without Thad is difficult unless Poeltl is included. I don't think the Spurs would want to send out Poeltl for Turner fwiw, but I could be wrong.
    I have not heard anything either way but I dont know if they want to get further under the tax. I think they are just trying to get more assets for what they have. I would think they would be fine going right up to the tax if what they got back was worth it. Most teams just dont want to pay the tax. at it or a couple mil under it is kind of all the same thing. The other other thing would be getting rid of longer term contracts so they would have some flexibility to pursue another player that would be a FA. From the little I have read they are mainly looking for picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A top 30 most impactful player in the league, but according ro folks like KobesAchilles and others, he's the reason we suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A top 30 most impactful player in the league, but according ro folks like KobesAchilles and others, he's the reason we suck.
    Hmm
    Spurs have two in the top 30, but still sub .500
    Not sure how impactful these rankings are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's incredible how the 3pt revolution has disarrayed people's vision of the C position. It's getting ridiculous now, seems like if you're not shooting 3's you might as well not suit up. Jakob knows his work and does it extremely well... And on a steal of a contract, to boot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm
    Spurs have two in the top 30, but still sub .500
    Not sure how impactful these rankings are
    That happens when the other players aren't there just yet, or simply suck ass.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did Derrick White rank?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did Derrick White rank?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, according to that list, we made a bad trade seeing where Richardson and Langford rank. Celtics got a steal if that rating system has any real legitimacy. I really don't know how legit that list is with White being ranked higher than Jalen Brown, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, according to that list, we made a bad trade seeing where Richardson and Langford rank. Celtics got a steal if that rating system has any real legitimacy. I really don't know how legit that list is with White being ranked higher than Jalen Brown, though.
    player for player it's obviously a horrible trade in terms of talent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was a bad time to post this after he just got abused by Vuc. Ok he’s a top 30 player in the league now. That’s where we are at. There are 26 all stars (bc of injury) and Jak was right there at being the biggest snub. We have a top 10 PG and a top 10 Center. But we are 10 games under .500. Makes sense. Everybody else sucks so that’s why we suck. The Clippers have a better record than us but nobody on their team is Top 30. The Blazers without CJ and now Dame. The Kings for most of the year. The Pelicans obviously have a superior roster than us. Same with the Knicks

Poeltl is such a winner and so valuable that he has literally never been on a winning team as a starter. Tell me I’m wrong.

Thread Information