Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Woj reports the Lakers number one priority is still Kyrie Irving and that the Spurs could help facilitate a 3-team deal.
    San Antonio would be incentivized to take on Russell Westbrook with multiple first round picks.

Yeeee Haaaw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to picture a notoriously frugal team that pinched pennies during the Duncan era buying Westbrook out for $47mil... I guess we'll see. You don't want to cut off your nose to spite your face, but using all of that cap space to help the Lakers potentially compete again, and to help Kyrie get his way feels really lame.
    This is what profit sharing did to the NBA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Lakers had assets I’d love to help them get a flat earther, islam convert that screws his teammates over by fasting in the playoffs due to his new beliefs, yet still keeps the name
    kyrie Irving cause that’s important to him. Unfortunately everything he thinks he believes in and is fight for looks bad by his representation. Who knows what this year will bring? He’s takes off till all star break for another kyrie right to be kyrie. Which means not play basketball. Like his job isn’t basketball. It finding new things to be... I’d probly take Laker 27 and 29 unprotected to get him there.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad blood or not, he's a max player. Fully pay him like one or he walks next summer to the Lakers anyway. This the same dude who left $17 milli on the table because he didn't want the Pfizer vax. He will call their bluff.
    LOL no Irving isn't. He's a diva that no one wants to throw a max offer at. Otherwise he would have opted out of the last year of his Brooklyn deal and hit free agency.

I'm betting the bad blood is real between Kyrie and the Nets makes Pelinka give up only 1 pick. The Nets cannot afford to bring a disgruntled player in to camp especially after trading Frauden and probably trading KD too. Their rebuild starts when they send Killa to my Lakers.
    Bad blood is going to make Brooklyn give the diva everything he wants?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't get i understand but I don't get why the spurs have to throw in any assets for picks 6 yrs from now. I understand salaries need to work but I'd sooner trade assets like poetrl Richardson solo or in another package bring back other assets and sooner rather than later. I don't just want to give away stuff for 47 million dollar buy out possibility.
    We are doing them a favor and while it's just cap the spurs still need to pay 47 million so to me:

A) 47 million worth a of a lot more than 2 picks 50 years from now from a team that will just always rebuild through free agency.

B) we should be driving the bus here they don't haveany options if they want this to happen. LeBron wants it he will pout and the jets are really kind of backed into a corner. So if you don'teet spurs terms find another team sorry.

C) lastly I don't want to help the Lakers do . We didn't trade that p.o.s. Kawitter to them for a better younger package then and they really squeezed us and now we going to facilitate this trade screw that. Only way I would do this is for a lot more that what is being rumored.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh so crap crap crap and pick swap

And again…. We don’t know Irving’s value. Let’s see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Fakers and the nets don't have enough assets between them for us to take on Westbrook's enormous contract. Besides the 1st round picks wouldn't be around for several years at the earliest. Let the Nets and Fakers find some other sucker team to make that trade. The spurs front office isn't the best, but they aren't the worst either.

Don't do it pop. You'll be arguing politics & basketball in an old folks home in five years and who knows where the spurs will be in 5 years. Don't do it. Just let these teams pay for their own stupid financial mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO!

They are talking a round one pick swap for compensation. That is a joke.

Two things:

1. I NEVER want to see that overrated turd in the silver and black.

2. I would NEVER want to help out the purple and piss unless we get a crazy offer that weakens them down the road.

If the Spurs FO is dumb enough to do something like this they should all be fired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we sure this is a real thing at this point? If so, where's the timvp article?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Westbrook in the right deal.

The Lolakers have to give us their 2 FRPs that have been mentioned, unprotected. Also any 2nd round picks they can give for, oh, the next 4 or 5 years.

The Lolakers then have to facilitate three more deals to get the Spurs FRPs. Maybe Poeltl, McDermott, and Richardson to other teams for FRPs coming to the Spurs, in deals facilitated by the Lolakers however they can manage to do it. The picks have to be only lightly protected if at all.

How they would do all that is up to them to figure out. Their problem, if they want to move WB.

The net for the Spurs, from all that, would then be 5 good FRPs and some seconds. I would take that deal, and take WB.

But it’s somehow supposed to be the Spurs facilitating for the Lolakers? Har har. Shove that crap. If they want us to take WB, they need to facilitate for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we sure this is a real thing at this point? If so, where's the timvp article?
    No, it's not really a thing. Woj and the nat'l press are trying to 1) gin up something for favored sons the Lakers, and 2) write stuff to drive ad revenue and clicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. If anyone thought Russ was an asset, they wouldn’t wait until the deadline.

2. He’ll never play here, not 1 minute.
    how much of his salary do you think we would have to pay if we bought him out or just cut him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it's not really a thing. Woj and the nat'l press are trying to 1) gin up something for favored sons the Lakers, and 2) write stuff to drive ad revenue and clicks.
    This ^^^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeeee Haaaw
    Sure. Just add some glitter along with pink highlights.
    And make it a dress.

That should complete your Russ to Spurs makeover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers legacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Fakers and the nets don't have enough assets between them for us to take on Westbrook's enormous contract. Besides the 1st round picks wouldn't be around for several years at the earliest. Let the Nets and Fakers find some other sucker team to make that trade. The spurs front office isn't the best, but they aren't the worst either.

Don't do it pop. You'll be arguing politics & basketball in an old folks home in five years and who knows where the spurs will be in 5 years. Don't do it. Just let these teams pay for their own stupid financial mistakes.
    Begging taxpayers for a new arena and threatening to leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj really fell off a cliff once he pissed off LeBron.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs basically sold a second round pick for peanuts. Taking on a mega contract in order to receive back peanuts doesn't sound very Spurs-like.
    They didn’t have room for a fourth rookie (went into the night not knowing they’d get three guys they were targeting) and they got back a million bucks PLUS the 2024 Lakers second round pick. They could be an absolute train wreck in two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Begging taxpayers for a new arena and threatening to leave.

That’d be an amazing waste of money on a multi million dollar practice facility with offices and such, to just then a couple years after it’s built leave.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do y’all think the picks would fall for something like this:

LAL: Irving & Langford
    NETS: Conley & McDermott
    UTAH: Richardson & Poeltl
    SAS: Westbrook

Idk about you guys but I’d love one of those unprotected MIN picks from Utah in 2025 & 2027.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also don’t hate this option either. Gets Beasley off the Jazz:

LAL: Irving & Beasley
    SAS: Westbrook & Nunn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Idk about you guys but I’d love one of those unprotected MIN picks from Utah in 2025 & 2027.
    I don’t know about Nets taking that 46 mil Conley contract tbh. I’m sure Utah would be all for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nets would never do that.

Thread Information