Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The forum will continue to overreact during each game lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A rebuilding team has devastating defeats. Who would have thought?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The forum will continue to overreact during each game lol
    Last year’s takes after preseason = “Dejounte has not improved as a point guard”, “DJ is not a PG”, “I was right. We need a better PG”, “DJ has no passing vision at all”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is one key injury away from not being able to beat anyone
    I think if we go 0-82 we should be given the #1 pick without lottery balls!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team last night looked like last year’s team early on where no one looked like an established leader. For the first 5-10 games, no one took DJ as that guy yet and the offense was still trying to figure itself out as a result. One player will eventually rise to the top as that guy. I mean, it’s likely Keldon but we’ll see. Malaki is my dark horse if he continues to perform well. Vassell still looks too rail thin out there that I don’t think drawing fouls would ever be his thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham was eye popping last night. Smooth finishes at the rim. Without tape session review I recall Branham banging a pretty in motion and unset 3 at the top of the arc. Also saw a drive to the rim pull up short and there was a mid shot adjustment where Bran put a little extra loft on the shot and it was the exact perfect amount of additional trajectory to sink in. Really skilled stuff.

And a few finishes right at the rim with really polished shot mechanics I didn't expect so soon.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a nice three that Sochan buried. I'm even more encouraged by the fact that he took it with no hesitation. He shot another three from that same spot on the next possession but missed it.

The release is pretty slow, but playing at the 4 (and especially the 5) will mitigate that some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham was eye popping last night. Smooth finishes at the rim. Without tape session review I recall Branham banging a pretty in motion and unset 3 at the top of the arc. Also saw a drive to the rim pull up short and there was a mid shot adjustment where Bran put a little extra loft on the shot and it was the exact perfect amount of additional trajectory to sink in. Really skilled stuff.

And a few finishes right at the rim with really polished shot mechanics I didn't expect so soon.
    Yeah and that screen and roll was advanced, too. Too bad the pass from Alize hit his thigh. Not to mention he has a good demeanor during interviews. Calm, quiet confidence about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bran slices off those screens so well. He cuts around the screen tight and then jets forward into the lane like a shark. That's going to be gold once guys know to look for him off those.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year’s takes after preseason = “Dejounte has not improved as a point guard”, “DJ is not a PG”, “I was right. We need a better PG”, “DJ has no passing vision at all”
    That’s a good point to bring up. I was definitely unimpressed with him during preseason, but then when the real season started, the lights came on, and he was a much different player as far as I remember. Hopefully that’s true for some of our players for this year.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Don't fret, you guys are where we were 2 years ago, a couple of good drafts and bang up the table you go.

DD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't fret, you guys are where we were 2 years ago, a couple of good drafts and bang up the table you go.

DD
    We will it up though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately unlike the rockets we draft like we have a championship contender still , we love to develop glue guys for other teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will it up though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan vs Jabari Smith will be a uva fun matchup to watch. Jabari thrives on pull-up + catch-and-shoot scoring and can barely get by with his dribble. Will be interesting to see how Sochan does against that archetype.
    His pull-up and catch and shoot are so money he doesn’t need to get by.

I love how you dog Jabari Smith when he possess one of the most sought after and rare talents in the NBA (at an elite level) and has defensive upside as a rookie.

I’m sure he’ll be able to add to his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will it up though.
    The way things are going there is a good chance of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His pull-up and catch and shoot are so money he doesn’t need to get by.

I love how you dog Jabari Smith when he possess one of the most sought after and rare talents in the NBA (at an elite level) and has defensive upside as a rookie.

I’m sure he’ll be able to add to his game.
    ? That wasn’t dogging at all when it’s just stating the reality of his weaknesses, just like how I repeatedly do for the Spurs players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is that dude. You can already see he has the fire in him. Can't wait to watch him develop into a better Draymond Green tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ol’ kev in mid season form The spurs have a nice base to build from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ol’ kev in mid season form The spurs have a nice base to build from.
    Big homie back in the building! We are going to need your positive vibes this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ? That wasn’t dogging at all when it’s just stating the reality of his weaknesses, just like how I repeatedly do for the Spurs players.
    You put a ton of time, effort and passion into draft analysis which I respect (and you nailed Franz before many) but I think you were very harsh on Jabari Smith pre draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You put a ton of time, effort and passion into draft analysis which I respect (and you nailed Franz before many) but I think you were very harsh on Jabari Smith pre draft.
    I still stand by those words on Jabari coz I’m free to have that opinion. One preseason game isn’t changing my mind, nor will one season. An average NBA career is what? Eight years long? If you haven’t realized by now, I play the long game in all my assessments. Where others like to pass judgment after five preseason games, I like to pass mines after fifteen regular season games.

If you remember, I repeatedly said that the Bulls don’t have as great of a future as one would think during their hot streak last year. You, and many others, disagreed and said that they did. You have since cooled down on that. Others have too. In fact, Vuc was viewed as an important part of their future. Now, people think he’s a salary dump. This isn’t a slight towards you, it’s just an observation and evidence to support my overarching point that it’s easy to get too high or too low on recent success or failures. I get it. It’s human nature. I’ve been wrong plenty, too, and I try to root cause it to try to be better. No one’s view is better than the other, that’s why I try to not obsess over it. It’s only when people clutter up the same garbage over and over with little to no substance (with a focus on other people’s thoughts and NOTHING original of their own) that would irk me from time to time.

but back to the point. Jabari will look good over the course of the season, or three, but I do not think he will live up to his hype as a top 3 pick in this draft. I emphasize that I’m viewing this through the lens of a whole career and what his accomplishments will be by the time his career is done. So if you or myself are still alive in eight years, we can talk about it then.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 10-04-2022 at 02:59 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DD
    Thanks for saying so. It's pretty tough coming from the TD and what should have been the Kawhi era (another 10+ years of winning) into this. I guess I can't complain about that at all, so I'll just suck it up and hope we can get back to competing (I'd be happy to be a solid playoff team in the 4-6 range). Rockets look really nice. Seems like the rebuild is on the right track. I wish your team well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DD
    2 years ago... like you are anywhere different now. last place in the west last season, will be in the tankathon again this year

Thread Information