Page 653 of 745 FirstFirst ... 153553603643649650651652653654655656657663703 ... LastLast
Results 16,301 to 16,325 of 18607
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boogie got hurt last year and lost a 100mil, maybe guys shouldn't play at all during a contract year whether they're healthy or not

How ing stupid do you have to be think these situations are similar
    Crazy thing is Kawhi was getting support from media with the understanding he was setting out so he could sign the super max. He wasn’t getting crucified because most ex players/media understood that part of it. Well now it’s been reported Kawhi doesn’t care for the super max...

So why medically hold out? It’s straight up ridiculous what’s going on...the media is exposing their bias and Kawhi and their group. Cris Carter who’s a TALK SHOW HOST is openly being the mouthpiece for Kawhi and pretty much negotiating on the air......, Absolutely unprofessional by all counts

If Kawhi wanted to be traded to Minnesota and was pulling this stunt he’d be getting destroyed..,but he wants to go to LA..and the media can’t hide its boner for a GSW, LAL, Boston, Philly tv rating palooza

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few weeks ago I was talking to a Lakers fan (he's a great friend, I just don't like his basketball takes) and I heard the most delusional trade for Kawhi that really speaks to the Lakers en lement. Deng+Kuzma+Hart for Kawhi+Murray. And then he wants to move Murray to another team for assets. I'm not even sure Kuzma by himself is enough to move the Deng contract . . . honestly Kuzma+Hart may be the actual cost to move that contract much less get back Kawhi and Murray.
    I can't seriously believe he genuinely thought that was an even trade for San Antonio. Again just hoping they make Leonard report and go through the entire season as uncomfortable as he possibly can be for the BS he's pulled the last year. Just use this last season as a 'write-off' if you're Spurs FO.

Oh and Ice009 posts - now I don't have problem with player fans - I know we have a ton for ages with the Big 3 and Leonard, but your 'sentiments' is what I consider real Spurs fans. Cheers bro

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cris Carter is full of himself and full of crap. Spurs have moved on from LA. The Spurs will do what is best for the Spurs. Kawhi is not what we all thought he was. Hes exactly what Mic e Beadle called him. A diva.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something might be happening soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST on alert ... wake me up when it happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's getting to the point where you have to wonder if Kawhi's camp has its own disputes and what we're hearing from Carter, what we're hearing from Rose, what we get leaked by Shams/Young and what the Spurs hear from "Kawhi" aren't all different things. Carter isn't speaking as Leonard's friend here. He's speaking as a guy who's loyalty and likely financial incentive suggests he wants his agency to do well. That's not the same thing as what Dennis (Young) would want, because the Uncle probably does want guaranteed money and a higher status within the organization (ala Lebron's people) above all else. I've yet to figure out Rose's link to all this, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's being used by a different party.

I wouldn't take Carter's words as any indication of trade talks or extension talks. It's very possible that Impact Sports doesn't want an extension while Dennis doesn't want to let the money slip by. It could by they (the agency) that leaked the report that the Spurs weren't going to give the supermax to scare Dennis away from the table. It could be they who keep belaying rumors of Kawhi being willing to go elsewhere, because their whole plan depends on Leonard in LA. That's the only way you get stupid like Carter said. Kawhi doesn't have to be "interested" in being traded to a non LA team that expects him to bolt. He legit doesn't have power there.
    Solid points tbh

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cris Carter is full of himself and full of crap. Spurs have moved on from LA. The Spurs will do what is best for the Spurs. Kawhi is not what we all thought he was. Hes exactly what Mic e Beadle called him. A diva.
    I don't want Danny to be a part of this but as long as we get some good pieces back, I'll trust PATFO to make the best move for the team.

And thanks for sharing what you know, it's comforting to know that SAS is going to lay down and take it for LA and Kawhi...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You farmers need to apologize to KiwiPERIOD.
    IT and Kawhi were treated nothing alike. IT played Kawhi didn't. IT wasn't seeing outside doctors since Aug 8th before the season even began. IT wasn't playing for the franchise that designed rest and over the top concern for rehabilitation.

IOW, any comparison to IT is just plain ig'nant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

'Dont trade me to the Raptors!"
    Have I said Kawhi yet today?

KAWHI!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You farmers need to apologize to KiwiPERIOD.
    He should also be seriously considering locking up all the money he can now, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "[Sources] Rumblings around Pinoy Marauder confirm Spurs GM RC Buford in talks about trading Kawhi, something could happen."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should also be seriously considering locking up all the money he can now, tbh.
    Coulda done that last year by playing and earning his supermax.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Kawhi isn't getting traded where he wants to, Spurs will be looking out for their best interests not his. Just had a thought if Kawhi signs with Lakers next year how sweet would it be if Spurs beat Lakers with LeBron and Kawhi in the playoffs, it would be so sweet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t forget to add Ramona Shelburne to his group. She is probably the go between with the Lakers. She wrote that garbage story about Kawhi being misdiagnosed. She wants him in LA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you elaborate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unfortunate the owners can't opt out of the current CBA until 2022. Because now we have established precedent that it's ok for players with multiple years left on their contracts to hold out for a trade to a larger market. How does this look to small market owners who s out guaranteed money and players can still refuse to show up to their teams? If this happens to the Spurs after winning 61 games and making the WCF how would this not happen to other small market franchises? If this kind of bull is allowed the owners are going to push hard for an NFL style CBA with one way contracts and a hard cap, and there will likely be no 2022-23 season.
    And let them name it the Kawhi Rule, so that this fool's name is evermore associated with quitting, selfishness, and downright asshattery. He will be reviled among the NBA for the potential lockout and hard shift in contracts that don't favor the players. His name will be .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you elaborate?
    He's mocking apo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t forget to add Ramona Shelburne to his group. She is probably the go between with the Lakers. She wrote that garbage story about Kawhi being misdiagnosed. She wants him in LA
    She gets her info directly from the Lakers. She is essentially Magic's mouthpiece.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why can’t Mic e Beadle and Chris carter have an open debate on Kawhii???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing is that Uncle & the group are desperate.

Hasn't even been a month since the trade request and they've already played most of their hand, imagine what these gots will do when it's nearing training camp.

I honestly expect Cris Carter to show up in "Roots" cosplay next week as some kind of protest about how the Spurs are treating Kawhi

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not going to be the quick 20 bullets Kawhi's dad caught in Compton. It's going to be a slow and long painful ride for that guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you elaborate?
    There is a hold up with in regards to the potential trade with the Raptors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chris is at it again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, OK man. I will take your advice and chill.

As for Cris Carter, I don't know, I just get the feeling that he's more than a mouthpiece. I think he's an influencer that's been pushing Kawhi to leave the whole time he's had contact with him. I could be wrong, but I think he's been part of the group pushing for Kawhi to leave well before it got anywhere near this point.
    This is no doubt correct. If he's an investor in Impact Sports, the only way he really makes back money is if Kawgi starts taking in big endorsement contracts. The player is going to reap most of the rewards from a team contract, with the average agent only pulling in between 4-10% of the player's contract salary. Endorsement deals are different and typically start in the 15-20% range and can go up to the 40-50% depending on appearances etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think if the Spurs trade him to Siberia, it will be a long time before a marquee free agent ever signs with the Spurs.

When LA traded Shaq, he said he wanted to go to a warm climate city. We sent him to South Beach.

Kiwi wants LA (and LA has the assets to help jumpstart your inevitable rebuild), yet you gonna send him East AND to another country for their ty assets just do you can "stick it to Kiwi and Uncle Fester?" Not to mention it's cold AF out there!

Maginka watching this unfold like

Thread Information