Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice analysis... Do you view Haliburton as a guy who could be a 2nd tier PG like Jrue Holiday or Mike Conley, or would you knock him down to third tier? Do you think he can be better than Dejounte?
    I think Rob’s video says it more eloquently than I could.

I think he can be better than Dejounte, especially with right team around him.
    I actually think Dejounte’s best position is a SG too with occasional playmaking responsibilities.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless we trade Murray there’s no point in getting a pg

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poll: if the Spurs somehow managed a trade with GSW that included the #2 pick coming our way, would you draft Haliburton with it? Let's assume Edwards goes #1 for this scenario.

E: and of course, assuming he wouldn't be there at #11 or the pick goes to Golden State in the deal.

Not a chance - and I like Haliburton. I thought he might be a good value at 11, and I thought that was a bit of a reach. Now most of the mocks have moved him up a good bit higher than that. But 2 is out of the question.

He's not going to be a "first tier" PG who blows past his first defender. He's not as slow as some people are saying, but he's not elite. But he would help keep the offense from stagnating, and avoid some of those dead spots that kept last year's team going uphill so much of the time.

He would be a good PG to have on the floor with DDR. If the team isn't going to keep DDR, it changes the math. He's a good PG in the PnR. He wouldn't be a good PG for D'Antoni ball.

If you're going to trade up to 2, you would have to try and get someone more dynamic than Haliburton. If you don't think there's anyone more dynamic than him in the draft, you don't trade up to 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had to laugh. Nbadraftroom.com described Haliburton as a rich man’s Dejounte Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't realize the Spurs looked at Nesmith too

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had to laugh. Nbadraftroom.com described Haliburton as a rich man’s Dejounte Murray.
    not surprised, compare his and djm's college stats. Hali was better in every field (even in steals). Plus he has much better court vision and plays smarter than djm.
    Last edited by spurspl; 11-07-2020 at 11:27 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They call Wiseman "David Robinson lite," which if true would be worthwhile. They call Obi Toppin a "bouncy Drew Gooden."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=R. DeMurre;10332948]They call Wiseman "David Robinson lite," which if true would be worthwhile. They call Obi Toppin a "bouncy Drew Gooden."[/QUOTE]
    Bro, the vomit i just spewed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs happily took a washed up gooden in 2009. Don't tempt them with the chance to get a rookie gooden clone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They call Wiseman "David Robinson lite," which if true would be worthwhile. They call Obi Toppin a "bouncy Drew Gooden."[/QUOTE]
    Bro, the vomit i just spewed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald @JMcDonald_SAEN

Iowa State's Tyrese Haliburton confirms he had a pre-draft interview with the Spurs, but did not work out for them.
    12:28pm · 11 Nov 2020 · Twitter Web App

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Haliburton as another D White, but younger and with a higher ceiling. A White/Haliburton/KJ trio looks amazing to me-- all defenders, all shooters, all high IQ guys. There would be no blinds spots or glaring weaknesses to cover up. Add one star Big or combo Forward to that in the future, and the Spurs are back in business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of Hollywood swag this team would have if we draft this guy. That's the primary reason I'm intrigued with Tyrese

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of Hollywood swag this team would have if we draft this guy. That's the primary reason I'm intrigued with Tyrese
    Tyrese in that Fiesta Jersey (drool emoji)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Haliburton as another D White, but younger and with a higher ceiling. A White/Haliburton/KJ trio looks amazing to me-- all defenders, all shooters, all high IQ guys. There would be no blinds spots or glaring weaknesses to cover up. Add one star Big or combo Forward to that in the future, and the Spurs are back in business.
    ESPN even had D White as the NBA player physical comparison to Haliburton.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    totally agree, id love to trade djm for hali and with 11th pick draft a big like jalen smith.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No elite downhill player easier to gameplan against. You said it yourself they are the same player, same weakness in bending defenses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton cooking tonight. Kings actually looking pretty dangerous right now, their defense is smothering Denver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton cooking tonight. Kings actually looking pretty dangerous right now, their defense is smothering Denver.
    I was just about to post the same. Haliburton looked so good. Richaun Holmes was surprisingly good too, going against Jokic and posting a very efficient 20 pts (10 for 13), 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and a block. Jokic had a quadruple double, but unfortunately one of those was his 10 turnovers. Holmes was quietly one of Sacramento's best players last year, and despite most of the media coverage going to Fox, Hield, and Bagley, it was Holmes and Bjelica who led the team in Win Shares... and they're both free agents after this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad the Spurs didn't take him. Only way I see Devin beating him in the long run is to have outstanding defense. Tyrese on offense is just out-of-this-world, Steph Curry good. Devin can switch on small forwards a little bit, so I guess that's the positive he brings over Tyrese.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad the Spurs didn't take him. Only way I see Devin beating him in the long run is to have outstanding defense. Tyrese on offense is just out-of-this-world, Steph Curry good. Devin can switch on small forwards a little bit, so I guess that's the positive he brings over Tyrese.
    Didn’t watch the game but he only had 13 points. Looks like a role player having a good game to me. Steph Curry good? Steph good? I’ll be sure to catch the Kings next game. Hope your right tho. I love seeing the birth of the next superstars. Love the NBA.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    playblair was right again.......... playblair was ridiculed........... playblair is the best talent scout on this site
    timvp & all the other draft experts on this site dont watch college basketball they make prediconts based on youtube videos & draftexpress...............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t watch the game but he only had 13 points. Looks like a role player having a good game to me. Steph Curry good? Steph good? I’ll be sure to catch the Kings next game. Hope your right tho. I love seeing the birth of the next superstars. Love the NBA.
    Halibuton looking great so far. He is such a smart player and makes terrific reads off screens and broken plays.
    Will be interested to see how he goes when teams start to game plan against him. He also has been sharing the court a lot with arguably the fastest player in the league and one of its top shooters. This allows him to focus on being an ancillary playmaker and opportunistic shooter/scorer which is right in his wheelhouse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moreso Steph's passing instinct, not his shooting (yet). Very fun player to watch.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 12-30-2020 at 09:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings got this right after blowing the Doncic pick. Vassell is going to be great, too.

Thread Information