Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But last night was without hesitation and very much in the flow. I’m hoping he finally got it. Because the last couple of games version of Demar would easily be All NBA with 28 pts and nearly triple double.
    I'm really not trying to hate, or be pessimistic, but it's been 11 years that DDR has been in the league. There are many that have said that same thing since and he still hasn't done it.

As I've said before, I hope I'm wrong. He NEEDS to hit those more often if only to keep the defense honest. Fingers crossed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really he's no worse than Jimmy Butler. The difference is Butler has Bam.
    Butler is by far the better defender, but I'd say DeMar is the more well-rounded offensive player so maybe it's a wash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i always feel this guy is direspected , not only here but in the nba. He's not a franchise player for sure but he is a very good player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Demar could play like he did the last couple of games with 28 points and nearly triple double, and hitting the 3’s? Spurs would easily be in deep in the playoffs. Demar needs this to get his last big paycheck. I would give him the max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i always feel this guy is direspected , not only here but in the nba. He's not a franchise player for sure but he is a very good player.
    The last couple of games were nearly triple double. That’s not just franchise, that’s All NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not even that he hit threes, imo. I mean, it's nice and it would make him an even deadlier offensive player but his primary role in this offense is to get buckets and facilitate. He's pretty damn elite at both those things. He's turned himself into both an efficient scorer and a point forward.

Also, this isn't just a small sample size. He did a lot of this last season too. 22-5-5 on 50%+ shooting is no joke. Only difference is he had one-dimensional pieces of out on the perimeter with him offsetting his great play. I'm pumped to see what he can do with a bunch of versatile, two-way perimeter guys by his side. His Robin ain't even back yet.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DeRozan becomes a 3 point thread then he's a top 15 player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not even that he hit threes, imo. I mean, it's nice and it would make him an even deadlier offensive player but his primary role in this offense is to get buckets and facilitate. He's pretty damn elite at both those things. He's turned himself into both an efficient scorer and a point forward.

Also, this isn't just a small sample size. He did a lot of this last season too. 22-5-5 on 50%+ shooting is no joke. Only difference is he had one-dimensional pieces of out on the perimeter with him offsetting his great play. I'm pumped to see what he can do with a bunch of versatile, two-way perimeter guys by his side. His Robin ain't even back yet.
    He's picking his spots way better and is handling the ball way less than last season. He's like an assassin this year.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Contract year DeRozan tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contract year DeRozan tbh
    I usually rock with you but he was doing this last year sort of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez, I like the way DeMar is playing too but it's two games, people. And if you look at the stats, both games were won because our 4 principle bench guys-- Gay, Poeltl, Mills, & Vassell-- had great +/- numbers. So far, in this tiny sample size, the starting five are playing their opponents about even.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez, I like the way DeMar is playing too but it's two games, people. And if you look at the stats, both games were won because our 4 principle bench guys-- Gay, Poeltl, Mills, & Vassell-- had great +/- numbers. So far, in this tiny sample size, the starting five are playing their opponents about even.
    Oh no, not you... Don't fall into the +/- trap. I don't see a single good thing Gay and Poetl did last night to warrant a "+".

I'm not jumping in the pool all the way with DeMar. And the answer about DeMar is probably right in the middle. He's bound to have bad games soon and when it's that time again, the pendulum will swing way hard and you'll see the opposite versions of these knee jerk threads...

Like I said, it's somewhere in the middle. The sum of all parts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no, not you... Don't fall into the +/- trap. I don't see a single good thing Gay and Poetl did last night to warrant a "+".

I'm not jumping in the pool all the way with DeMar. And the answer about DeMar is probably right in the middle. He's bound to have bad games soon and when it's that time again, the pendulum will swing way hard and you'll see the opposite versions of these knee jerk threads...

Spurs play the Lakers three times in the next 2 weeks-- that'll be a good test. I don't know if a PF/SF match up of KJ/DDR vs AD/LBJ works, but if they can hold their own, it'll be a great sign.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly. He’s extremely skilled in some aspects of the game, and that’s very useful. But yeah, he has to be surrounded by quality defenders. And ideally some of them will start making open jump shots as well. Ultimately, I don’t see us going super far in the playoffs with him as a centerpiece, but so far with the bubble and the last few games it’s been extremely fun to watch, and that’s about all I can ask for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at +/- as a stat is like looking at a stock graph. One day doesn't prove anything about the overall quality of a stock or a player, but a year's worth gives a better picture of it. But saying the +/- stat has no value is more of an over-reaction than saying it means everything and is foolproof.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 12-27-2020 at 03:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since being in San Antonio he’s had some of his most efficient seasons. The guy is a good player but not a great one. But looking at some of the reactions on this site you would think that he is Bryn Forbes level. Lol.

his I’m surprised he took and made those 3 pointers last night but not surprised at his all around offensive numbers or efficiency because he has been doing that since being with our team.
    Last edited by D-Robinson 50 fan; 12-28-2020 at 12:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at +/- as a stat is like looking at a stock graph. One day doesn't prove anything about the overall quality of a stock or a player, but a year's worth gives a better picture of it. But saying the +/- stat has no value is more of an over-reaction than saying it means everything and is foolproof.
    Everyone -- LeBron, KD, etc -- would have a negative plus-minus for the season when added to Pop's lineups of Lyles, Murray, Mills and Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll admit it, I did not think he had this in him. Hope he keeps proving me wrong, nothing would make me happier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game rn is what I meant when I said DDR would decide how good this team is. So far he is not being aggressive and the whole offense has bogged down. If he gets aggressive we can make a comeback.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game rn is what I meant when I said DDR would decide how good this team is. So far he is not being aggressive and the whole offense has bogged down. If he gets aggressive we can make a comeback.
    when White comes back we will have a decent enough PG so his role will shrink / focus and he can maybe not be tired etc on the 2nd of a back to back, and hit some shots with fresh legs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if derozan becomes a three point shooter

cmon now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad game. Looked like Hart gave him problems defensively and like SVG made him a priority in their gameplan.

Still needs to work on his mindset though. He cant get that emotional when he's having a rough game. Most of the time it just makes him play worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's never had a fair shot in SA

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is comedy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's look at the anthology of DeMar DeRozan. He was DeTactched from the DeRaptors in favor of DeNephew and they win DeChampionship for another COUNTRY, DeFirst ever, while DeRozan led DeSpurs to missed Playoffs for DeFirst time in De past 20 years. Yeah De truth hurts.

DeMC

Thread Information