View Poll Results: What would you do with Kawhi?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade him for something, anything. Just want him gone.

5 6.94%
  • Trade him as soon as a decent proposal is made.

7 9.72%
  • Wait until the best trade package is offered. Even if it means to start the season with him.

24 33.33%
  • Sit him for all the next season. Let's see if anyone offers him the max then.

2 2.78%
  • Play him next season and let's see how things play out.

16 22.22%
  • Try to reconcile now and offer the supermax. All is good and forgiven.

18 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Never tell me the odds- Kuestmaster's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The le is pretty self explanatory tbh. Sorry if I left any options, feel free to add yours in the comments.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Option three. Inform uncle 2 can play this game.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best package will happen now on draft day as teams will be offering top draft picks and players now. After the draft it will be harder to pry top draft picks away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buford seems to be leaning to the last option... Let's see how that turns out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd go with the last one, but I am not offering that DPE. Kawhi can go himself if he thinks he's getting $44 Million per year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'm somewhere between the last two, meaning you don't trade him and offer him a deal much better than anyone else can. Whether it's the whole super-max or just something close, I think he has millions of reasons to play here. The 'I got my feelings hurt' line is pretty weak. Magic got to his Uncle and promised him the moon, but he can't come close to what the Spurs can offer and show deals are going to happen when he starts playing his ass off wherever he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On paper best option is reconciling and signing him to an extension. What precludes you from getting anything close to equal value in return is his expiring contract. I could see him being extended and then when Pop leaves they could trade him and get back good value. He needs to play a full season and prove he's still elite and indeed 100%.

For both parties the best option is signing that extension. Leonard would lose out on a lot of $ otherwise and the Spurs are not going to find a trade that returns value close to his previous-injury status. So it will likely happen, I give it 80%. Always chance his uncle screws things up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now is the worst time to trade him of course. In addition to only having one season left before he's an UFA he's coming off a year in which he did not play much because of injury so you aren't going to get good offers. Other teams are going to try to buy low. Best path forward is to wait, extend him and he gets back out on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to hold your nose when you extend him but it's best for the franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can't agree on an extension then you move him and clean house to start rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Bryant You know there's an edit button right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play him and see how things play out.

What's he gonna do, not try hard?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can't agree on an extension then you move him and clean house to start rebuild.
    Then his trade value will be even lower as it will be common knowledge he is not coming back with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sit him unless you get a fantastic deal. If he changes his mind, offer him the supermax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keep him...our front office hasnt dealt wih the situation the best way either...blame to go on both sides...reconcile and lets get back the kawhi we have loved for years...he is still the kingslayer and the durant destroyer...we want him on OUR team for the best chance at winning during the warriors dynasty...plus with the influx of younger and more athletic prospects, we will be pretty exciting to watch...besides HE is the reason ppl want to come to SA...not Pop at this stage...because i can guarantee if one had to stay and the other leave, he would be a bigger draw at this point than Pop...players go to other teams because of players...not as much because of coaches...lebron and bosh went to miami to be coached by freaking spolestra...and to the cavs to be coached by freaking david blatt

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, look; another Kawhi thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put him in the iron maiden.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Keep him he is under contract next season even if he says he wants out. See if he will show up to training camp and play, if he doesn't get him suspended without pay or any other actions the NBA can take and trade him at the NBA trade deadline for whatever you can get.

See if LeBron wants to sign with Spurs before you do any Kawhi trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wherever K plays in October, it will be hilarious if he's sits out games before Christmas, proving his leg is really and chronically shot, that he hasn't been faking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this will play 20 games average double double and dominate and then head to New York for remaining season with hurt quad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't reward his behavior. At the end of the day he could've avoided lots of problems had he at least made some kind of statement. Letting speculation run wild is why the situation is where it is right now. Keep him and let next season play out or move him for the best deal available.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went with option 3 but it'd be a mix of 3 and 5. Try and get the best offer but if nothing decent is offered then play him and see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Bryant You know there's an edit button right?
    He didn’t get a million posts by editing tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't reward his behavior. At the end of the day he could've avoided lots of problems had he at least made some kind of statement. Letting speculation run wild is why the situation is where it is right now. Keep him and let next season play out or move him for the best deal available.
    Did someone hack into RD acct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play him and see how things play out.

What's he gonna do, not try hard?
    I can feels mah leg hurting already

Thread Information