Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'll be damned!!! LMAO!!! You even got FOX carrying this waste of space's funeral. Every in' news channel.

You're all out of your in' minds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be damned!!! LMAO!!! You even got FOX carrying this waste of space's funeral. Every in' news channel.

You're all out of your in' minds.
    get back in the bunker.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ferguson
    NY
    NY
    Chicago

Which party runs these police departments RG?
    Parties don't run police departments.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    get back in the bunker.
    You're supporting this career felon, Lee. A 5-time loser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    supporting his right not to be murdered on the street in cold blood

was he a bad dude? yeah he did a lot of bad things. did his time, too. doesnt mean you can be murdered for passing a phony 20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible meth and fentanyl along with the covid did him in. Resisting arrest was probably not a good idea either.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As sr21 stated, I don't support cops murdering people in the streets. No one should.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    supporting his right not to be murdered on the street in cold blood

was he a bad dude? yeah he did a lot of bad things. did his time, too. doesnt mean you can be murdered for passing a phony 20
    He was high as a kite, resisting arrest. You can't do that. Nobody likes to submit, but, you got no other decent choice. Nothing good is going to come of resisting arrest. You have to take it. He didn't. He's dead and that is a good thing. He's finished now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As sr21 stated, I don't support cops murdering people in the streets. No one should.
    He was not murdered. He died resisting arrest in full knowledge of how to respond to an arrest. He played the system his whole life, used it to conduct his life and it finally killed him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was high as a kite, resisting arrest. You can't do that. Nobody likes to submit, but, you got no other decent choice. Nothing good is going to come of resisting arrest. You have to take it. He didn't. He's dead and that is a good thing. He's finished now.
    being high isn't punishable by summary execution on the street. arrest him, have him face charges, and get sentenced accordingly.

same with "resisting arrest" not that it has been corroborated by any footage we've seen. but for the sake of the argument, lets grant your position that he was resisting arrest, and that just before the footage picks up, he cold- ed one of the cops and knocked him down. lets assume that's true. if he is a threat to the officers, then the officers are authorized to use whatever force is neceessary.

eventually they got his ass on the ground and you had 3 cops on him. at that point, and from that point going forward, he is no longer a threat to the cops or anybody else, so the need for that kind of force evaporates. at no point was lethal force ever necessary to restrain him. and EVEN IF it was, how about when the guy is unconscious but the cop still keeps his knee on his neck for several more minutes? there's nothing to justify here, cub, even if i'm granting you all these things.

floyd having a record and having been a piece of in earlier parts of his life does not excuse murder on the street several years after the fact, plain and simple

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People criticize "resisting arrest" as though it's some super obvious, pre-meditated offense.

If you're being grabbed, it's a normal reaction to jerk away. If you're being held down uncomfortably, it's a normal reaction to push back. If you're being brutalized, it's a normal reaction to try to avoid that. And given that we've seen over and over what can happen if you're restrained by police, I don't blame people for not making it easy on them. It's a stupid, arbitrary charge, and it's a really stupid reason to justify murder by cop.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He was not murdered. He died resisting arrest in full knowledge of how to respond to an arrest. He played the system his whole life, used it to conduct his life and it finally killed him.
    Looks like the real dale is front and center. I mean, how can it add up to murder? We’re just talking about a black animal. Maybe a fine and community service is in order.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Looks like the real dale is front and center. I mean, how can it add up to murder? We’re just talking about a black animal. Maybe a fine and community service is in order.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's what you're talking about. I figured one of you bright boys would get around to it, and you were the one.

I said (animal) and that is precisely what that was; an animal who preyed on people his entire life.
    And you ain't frog marching this SOB/me to it like all those weak s twixt FOX & CNN/MSNBC. I ain't having it. I'll die first.

He already had his fine and his community service. He was bent, persisted and got there.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    People criticize "resisting arrest" as though it's some super obvious, pre-meditated offense.

If you're being grabbed, it's a normal reaction to jerk away. If you're being held down uncomfortably, it's a normal reaction to push back. If you're being brutalized, it's a normal reaction to try to avoid that. And given that we've seen over and over what can happen if you're restrained by police, I don't blame people for not making it easy on them. It's a stupid, arbitrary charge, and it's a really stupid reason to justify murder by cop.
    Of course that is precisely the normal reaction, especially an American on American soil. But, you can't do it. When you do, you're off the main line and at the mercy of another human being, that cop. He's got you-and you're in the wrong.

Basically the same as entering an ER with Covid-19 symptoms in full knowledge that you're at THEIR mercy, THEIR dictate. You can't get out. Your loved ones can't get in.

No-thank-you. I'll die first, at home.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's what you're talking about. I figured one of you bright boys would get around to it, and you were the one.

I said (animal) and that is precisely what that was; an animal who preyed on people his entire life.
    And you ain't frog marching this SOB/me to it like all those weak s twixt FOX & CNN/MSNBC. I ain't having it. I'll die first.

He already had his fine and his community service. He was bent, persisted and got there.
    I meant a fine and community service for the cop. Try to keep up, dale.

What’s next, no duck hunting either? It’s not like Floyd is an equal to us in any way, agreed?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    being high isn't punishable by summary execution on the street. arrest him, have him face charges, and get sentenced accordingly.

same with "resisting arrest" not that it has been corroborated by any footage we've seen. but for the sake of the argument, lets grant your position that he was resisting arrest, and that just before the footage picks up, he cold- ed one of the cops and knocked him down. lets assume that's true. if he is a threat to the officers, then the officers are authorized to use whatever force is neceessary.

eventually they got his ass on the ground and you had 3 cops on him. at that point, and from that point going forward, he is no longer a threat to the cops or anybody else, so the need for that kind of force evaporates. at no point was lethal force ever necessary to restrain him. and EVEN IF it was, how about when the guy is unconscious but the cop still keeps his knee on his neck for several more minutes? there's nothing to justify here, cub, even if i'm granting you all these things.

floyd having a record and having been a piece of in earlier parts of his life does not excuse murder on the street several years after the fact, plain and simple
    It wasn't murder. Floyd resisted arrest and died because of that resistance. He was diseased of mind and body and had spent his life committing mayhem in one community after another. Lord knows how many crimes he committed that he didn't get caught at.

I believe Floyd to have committed murder a lot more than I believe that cop did in neutralizing him once and forever.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I meant a fine and community service for the cop. Try to keep up, dale.

What’s next, no duck hunting either? It’s not like Floyd is an equal to us in any way, agreed?
    You're asking me a question?

you.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You're asking me a question?

you.
    Here’s another question, is it weird taking your hood to the dry cleaners?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't murder. Floyd resisted arrest and died because of that resistance. He was diseased of mind and body and had spent his life committing mayhem in one community after another. Lord knows how many crimes he committed that he didn't get caught at.

I believe Floyd to have committed murder a lot more than I believe that cop did in neutralizing him once and forever.
    he was on the ground, restrained, and was not a threat to any of the officers or the people around him once he was on the ground. suffocating him after that point is unwarranted, period. no matter how bad of a person he was up until that point.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Here’s another question, is it weird taking your hood to the dry cleaners?
    You're a Tired Old Bag.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he was on the ground, restrained, and was not a threat to any of the officers or the people around him once he was on the ground. suffocating him after that point is unwarranted, period. no matter how bad of a person he was up until that point.
    He was ripe for disposal.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I’m just happy you finally said it, dale

Thread Information