My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walt Disney World employees are taking it on the chin, hard -- the theme park is about to furlough 43,000 workers as it remains closed due to the coronavirus.

Orlando's Magic Kingdom, which has been shut down since March 16, reached agreements with its workers' unions, and will make the layoffs effective April 19 ... according to Forbes. Most of the employees are security guards and other workers involved in operating the facilities.

The Mouse House says the laid-off workers will keep their health benefits up to one year -- and Disney has agreed to pay for coronavirus testing for any employees who need it.

Of course, it's still unclear when Disney will reopen gates at its parks around the world. The massive park will now be staffed by only 200 people with "essential duties."

Forbes says Disney World is the largest single-site employer in the country ... and the massive layoffs are expected to have a domino effect on the Central Florida economy ... where so many other industries depend on Disney being open to stay in business.

The "Most Magical Place on Earth" ... once upon a time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get used to it. Our life has changed. It will be YEARS before we get back to the normal we were used to in 2019.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walt Disney World employees are taking it on the chin, hard -- the theme park is about to furlough 43,000 workers as it remains closed due to the coronavirus.

Orlando's Magic Kingdom, which has been shut down since March 16, reached agreements with its workers' unions, and will make the layoffs effective April 19 ... according to Forbes. Most of the employees are security guards and other workers involved in operating the facilities.

The Mouse House says the laid-off workers will keep their health benefits up to one year -- and Disney has agreed to pay for coronavirus testing for any employees who need it.

Of course, it's still unclear when Disney will reopen gates at its parks around the world. The massive park will now be staffed by only 200 people with "essential duties."

Forbes says Disney World is the largest single-site employer in the country ... and the massive layoffs are expected to have a domino effect on the Central Florida economy ... where so many other industries depend on Disney being open to stay in business.

The "Most Magical Place on Earth" ... once upon a time.

- they dont have to close -

just offer a 75% off special to all trump supporters-
    and allow any employee that is a trump supporter to work on those days the cult will be there

win-win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No disney world this summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    expected, tbh... they make a bundle on theme parks... huge source of revenue for them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get used to it. Our life has changed. It will be YEARS before we get back to the normal we were used to in 2019.
    Yes expert decades and people will blame you because you said so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even when it does open back up, it'll be a watered down experience. Probably no shows, parades, fireworks, character meets, or any other event where people gather. Capacity will likely be capped much lower than it was - but honestly that part isn't a bad thing. Anybody who's been to Disney World in the last few years knows how ing crowded it was. And wading through an ocean of people in central Florida heat/humidity is not very fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the same thing but I was thinking/hoping the airlines would emerge more consumer friendly. Flying basically sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the same thing but I was thinking/hoping the airlines would emerge more consumer friendly. Flying basically sucks.
    Now that they're getting bailed out, forget about it. Heck, they'll probably add a "pandemic fund" fee to the tickets, to you without lube a little more.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we're saving lives, guys!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pay rate at the park where averaging 9.50 an hour lol

Disney made hundreds of billions over several years and can't stay open to pay a few pay checks.... what a shame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pay rate at the park where averaging 9.50 an hour lol

Disney made hundreds of billions over several years and can't stay open to pay a few pay checks.... what a shame
    The world expects me to have a 6-12 month cushion for emergencies, why isn't the same expected of multi-billion dollar transnational corporations?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes expert decades and people will blame you because you said so
    If only all the American patriotis and gun lovers - the ones who are supposed to protect us from a tyrannical government - would wake da up to this Coronavirus hoax/scam we would be able to organize a militia and revolt

But no. Trump and Republicans are trying to protect us and keep us safe from an "invisible enemy." They are the good guys. They would never take our freedom and rights. AMIRITE?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only all the American patriotis and gun lovers - the ones who are supposed to protect us from a tyrannical government - would wake da up to this Coronavirus hoax/scam we would be able to organize a militia and revolt

But no. Trump and Republicans are trying to protect us and keep us safe from an "invisible enemy." They are the good guys. They would never take our freedom and rights. AMIRITE?
    Without posting a youtube video, can you concisely describe in your own words what exactly the hoax is?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Big shots. Makin' money, like what, like hand over fist, like for what, like for 60+ in' years runnin' straight? Have a bad spat for like what, like for 2 in' months & they make like a mother er.

Crawl, mother er, crawl. That belly be draggin.

Big shots.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Like they weren't after 9/11. "No, it's for your, I mean our collective good. We're gonna put 4 cameras on each and every intersection anywhere we find an intersection.. Huh, what? Noooooo, we're not going to use that video information, that record for anything other than a dire emergency, like another 9/11 attack, perhaps Putin being a meddlin' creature, etc., but, your Mr. and Mrs. Joe Public, we're never gonna use it against you. We promise."

Thread Information