Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random thought: It’s crazy to think that the players out due to Covid restrictions will have not played for almost a month when they’re back. Sucks for D White but for Keldon, it’s probably a good rest. Hopefully he comes back with his batteries fully recharged.
    How long are they out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long are they out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long are they out?
    Today is the 14th day since the team’s Feb 14th game against the Hornets. I don’t know the NBA protocol, but if they’re not showing signs and tested Covid negative, shouldnt they be back in time for tomorrow’s game?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 ast and 0 turnover for the best pg in the team, good to see that "Murray hinders the development of other young people" take just disappeared from st, since in the end he was always the player to be developed as the main focus and turned into an "almost" elite 2way player.
    Murray's AST% isn't much higher than last year (25.6 vs 23.1), but his TOV% has seen a drastic improvement (15.4 to 9.3).

I did a rather arbitrary filter on NBA.com of MPG >= 25, games played >= 10, and USG% >= 20, it produced 88 results. Of that group, 3 of the top 10 players in TO Ratio (not calculated the same as TOV% for some reason) are Spurs: Aldridge at #3, DeRozan at #7, and Murray at #10.

Using those same criteria for last season, Aldridge was #8 out of 98, DeRozan was #28, and Murray was #78. That shows Murray's huge improvement in turnovers (from pretty bad to well above average), but also shows that DeRozan is also doing much better in terms of taking care of the ball, even as his AST% has gone up.

Murray's AST:TO ratio is a very good 3.31. DeRozan's is an eye-popping 4.36, huge for such an important part of the offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge 21 points from the bench. That's the way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge 21 points from the bench. That's the way.
    Hope he realizes and embraces this, as he can be a wrecker from the bench against second units. Will force teams’ hands on matchups. Plus can draw double teams and kick out to good shooters on second unit.

Demar and Aldridge shouldn’t be on floor much together. Aldridge should almost certainly be out there whenever Demar isn’t, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random thought: It’s crazy to think that the players out due to Covid restrictions will have not played for almost a month when they’re back. Sucks for D White but for Keldon, it’s probably a good rest. Hopefully he comes back with his batteries fully recharged.
    You think being out with Covid for a month is a good way to recharge your battery? WTF? You are aware that it's killed 500k in the last year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think being out with Covid for a month is a good way to recharge your battery? WTF? You are aware that it's killed 500k in the last year?
    So I spun a ty situation into something optimistic because the world isn't black and white and you think I said that it's "a good way to recharge your battery"? Way to take what I said out of context.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka looked the best he’s ever looked on the court as far as belong in the big boys NBA. His defensive awareness and rebounding were great and if he had finished that put back dunk.....oh my.
    yep, he was very active, after he was trashed on ST, I was very surprised.

Playing defense like that, esp out to the 3 pt line, will earn him minutes, had a couple strong rebounds, too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I spun a ty situation into something optimistic because the world isn't black and white and you think I said that it's "a good way to recharge your battery"? Way to take what I said out of context.
    "Hey sucks you're going through chemo for your cancer, but it's great you're losing those extra pounds you are carrying."

Gotcha.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can almost guarantee when the Flakers play a good team or start loosing in playoffs someone from the other team is going to test HOT for Covid!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Hey sucks you're going through chemo for your cancer, but it's great you're losing those extra pounds you are carrying."

Gotcha.
    Apples and oranges

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope they can come back and play normally tbh. Jayson Tatum had COVID and he still can't play at the level he used to, not to mention the long-term effects we know nothing about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope they can come back and play normally tbh. Jayson Tatum had COVID and he still can't play at the level he used to, not to mention the long-term effects we know nothing about.
    Of course and it goes without saying and I’m also not trying to make light of the situation. I just kept thinking how Keldon looked like he hit a wall there for a while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course and it goes without saying and I’m also not trying to make light of the situation. I just kept thinking how Keldon looked like he hit a wall there for a while.
    Your point is fine and accurate...don't let a few touchy posters get you you...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today is the 14th day since the team’s Feb 14th game against the Hornets. I don’t know the NBA protocol, but if they’re not showing signs and tested Covid negative, shouldnt they be back in time for tomorrow’s game?
    We have elderly coaches...better to be safe than to bring the back for the sake of having a full team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baylors basketball team was kicking ass and taking names.
    Post covid they are 1-1 and looked really bad in game 2.
    Coach says nothing can simulate the real games.
    Same could happen with Spurs players, might need a few live action games to get their touch back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question is if these guys really had Covid. Some dude tested his ice tea and it had Covid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have all tested Positive and yet there is a very good chance most of them didn’t even show any signs.

Thread Information