Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    R.I.P. to "positionless basketball" and the idea that you can go small all the time if you have great 3 point shooting and the ability to switch on every pick-and-roll.

Warriors got decimated tonight by two mediocre forwards in Julian and Larry Nance, and gave up 16 offensive boards.

I sense another paradigm shift coming, one going back to rebounds=rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just missed some 3s... he'll live...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    R.I.P. to "positionless basketball" and the idea that you can go small all the time if you have great 3 point shooting and the ability to switch on every pick-and-roll.

Warriors got decimated tonight by two mediocre forwards in Julian and Larry Nance, and gave up 16 offensive boards.

I sense another paradigm shift coming, one going back to rebounds=rings.
    Pat Riley dictum ..

Still, they were a horrific matchup for all Cavs/Spurs/Clippers when healthy last year. now that's is gone with how they decimated their front court even more..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Given OP's track record at evaluating point guard talent, it's safe to say Wardell is gonna be just fine.

Paul, Mudiay, Russell and now Curry. That's a nice streak you got going on mid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Growing pains. They'll find a rhythm by January.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The key to beating the Warriors is making sure they ALL shoot abysmally from 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given OP's track record at evaluating point guard talent, it's safe to say Wardell is gonna be just fine.

Paul, Mudiay, Russell and now Curry. That's a nice streak you got going on mid
    Mudiay and Russell are comparable levels of crap. How was I wrong here?

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/r...RPM/position/1

Mudiay will be the better player down the road, though.

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    man, i'm getting lumped into some great company there

wasn't a fan of the durant move as it was made tbh, esp given his current contract structure (next offseason will be brutal). gimme 2-3 all stars + solid/well balanced pieces around them vs what we have now any day; its not going to be as fun of a season with the ball sticking as much as it has.

believe they'll have to pick which 3 to build around in the coming future- i suspect either green and/or thompson are gone after this season.

oh yeah, and our d/rebounding is painful to watch; keys to beating us = pound away and watch our soft ass front line break. we'll still win a ton this year, but that fear factor has disappeared with the combination of 3-1 and the early season softness

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^^
    Zero

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mudiay and Russell are comparable levels of crap. How was I wrong here?

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/r...RPM/position/1

Mudiay will be the better player down the road, though.
    So much bump worthy material Like i said before, keep digging that hole mid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media always hyped up their small ball last year but failed to acknowledge that they weren't really a small team size wise. They had great rim protectors in Bogut and Ezeli who are both 7ft. Speights is a legit 6'10 and was great at drawing charges. Granted their small ball line ups were effective but they didn't go for the majority of the game with a small ball line up. You can only play small ball in small doses but to do it for a full game is taxing since you have to expand so much energy on the defensive end to keep teams from attacking the paint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much bump worthy material Like i said before, keep digging that hole mid
    D'Bust will be the better offensive player, but Mudiay will be better all around. He's a better defender, passer, and rebounder.

We'll see what the metrics reveal at season's end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exposed? I called him out years ago. Me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way too early to make this type of statement, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm more calling out the Wardellball offensive philosophy than Wardell himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, i'm getting lumped into some great company there

wasn't a fan of the durant move as it was made tbh, esp given his current contract structure (next offseason will be brutal). gimme 2-3 all stars + solid/well balanced pieces around them vs what we have now any day; its not going to be as fun of a season with the ball sticking as much as it has.

believe they'll have to pick which 3 to build around in the coming future- i suspect either green and/or thompson are gone after this season.

oh yeah, and our d/rebounding is painful to watch; keys to beating us = pound away and watch our soft ass front line break. we'll still win a ton this year, but that fear factor has disappeared with the combination of 3-1 and the early season softness
    I would have been ecstatic to get Durant tbh. You lost so much depth with Bogut and his interior defense plus his rebounding. Speights was versatile enabling Kerr's small-ball strategy, and Barnes was an incredible 2 way guard coming off the bench and seemed to be a perfect fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way too early to make this type of statement, tbh..
    I've stated numerous times that if you can't shoot 3's at a historic clip, this system is bound to fail. Morey and his calculator have been trying to get it to work for half-a-decade, and it's crashed and burned every time.

And I hope it fails. It's awful basketball more suited for social media highlights than anything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steph will be OK, his productivity isn't limited to catch and shoot threes. Klay however... now that piece of is a glorified Danny Green, pure system player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've stated numerous times that if you can't shoot 3's at a historic clip, this system is bound to fail. Morey and his calculator have been trying to get it to work for half-a-decade, and it's crashed and burned every time.

And I hope it fails. It's awful basketball more suited for social media highlights than anything else.
    They have dominated the NBA for 2 years, I find it difficult to believe that the league has caught up or that it's just an extended hot streak

Their biggest issues are the loss of Bogut and Iguodala's decline, I don't think it has much to do with a paradigm shift..if they can find a rim protector(easier said than done), they'll be even better than previous seasons..

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I would have been ecstatic to get Durant tbh. You lost so much depth with Bogut and his interior defense plus his rebounding. Speights was versatile enabling Kerr's small-ball strategy, and Barnes was an incredible 2 way guard coming off the bench and seemed to be a perfect fit.
    isolated acquisition of kd, yep, would have been stoked. but not so much bc of all of this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have dominated the NBA for 2 years, I find it difficult to believe that the league has caught up or that it's just an extended hot streak

Their biggest issues are the loss of Bogut and Iguodala's decline, I don't think it has much to do with a paradigm shift..if they can find a rim protector(easier said than done), they'll be even better than previous seasons..
    The League caught up to the Spurs motion offense in one year. Spurs, more due to personnel, are now reverting to a more basic grit-and-grind philosophy.

SportVU and all the modern tech teams employ make it easier than ever before to counter leading strategies.

The Thunder exposed them last year by controlling the boards and beating them up on the inside until Durant sabotaged the series. The Cavs did so a year before, and might've won the series if fully healthy. Rebounds and points-in-the-paint will always be a better general attack than chucking 30 threes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mid as per par has weak takes and talks out of both sides of his mouth. Nothing new...

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Somewhere in there he made the playoffs and won the last game he played.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Warriors haven't been the same since Luke led them to a 24-0 winning streak and Kerr returned imho

Thread Information