Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • They will trade up into the top 10

36 28.57%
  • They will trade down

5 3.97%
  • They will stand pat with the 11th pick

85 67.46%
  • They will trade the pick for player(s)

0 0%
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is everybody acting as if we can't trade DeRozan, Aldridge, Mills and Gay during the season?
    I dont think anyone thinks we can't....we're just worried that we won't...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow! That 54 to 58 picks are solid prospects IMHO late in the 2nd round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is everybody acting as if we can't trade DeRozan, Aldridge, Mills and Gay during the season?
    I think its more likely they're bought out tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is. Taking Derozan is incompetent. Signing Carroll is incompetent. Not making any moves to correct mistakes or even take advantage of possible value is incompetent. Mis reading market for Mills and CP3 is incompetent.

Not playing youth over Beli and Mills and Forbes is incompetent.

Not trading Ddr when he might have had value is incompetent. Not moving LMA is incompetent.

It all is and again results: Spurs are now firmly behind now/future of not only majority of their division but the west as a whole.

Spurs WOULDNT BE GOING PHILLY by cutting ties with LMA or ddr. It’s why they are not being extended and will walk for nothing.

And yeah, getting top 4 picks is the best shot at a cornerstone.
    Was it incompetent to refuse to ever play their best guards at the same time until the bubble?

Because why wouldn't you want Derrick White and Dejounte Murray to be intentionally limited to 24 minutes apiece?

Imagine if the bubble never happened, or if the requirements to be there were tighter and the Spurs weren't invited?

They would have just wasted an entire season without knowing if Murray and White could play together, while simultaneously killing their trade value because of minutes limits

Just absurd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think anyone thinks we can't....we're just worried that we won't...
    We start the season, we either do well and trade nobody, or suck and make moves. Either one is fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um, that being a choice was exactly the point I was making. Not liking how they choose to rebuild is different than thinking they're rebuilding objectively wrongly.
    The point is they've been measurably worse every year since the Kawhi departure. Clearly, if they thought they could get away with rebuilding, we know now, 3 years later, that was the wrong choice.

I mean, they've only been at it for two years now. They were in full contender swing in 2018. If they had a bunch of different players and such, that would be a "fast process of decompressing and reshaping their entire organization)."
    Two years? 17-18 they lost in the first round to the dubs, 18-19 lost in the first round to the nuggets, 19-20 didn't make the playoffs.

Depends on what you're talking about. Like Carroll? Yes. Bad choice. Never defended it. It would've been defensible had Pop not shown such a clear and immediate distaste for him. But like the slow decline of the team isn't a dismal result if the goal is to decline slowly. It's, like, the intended result.
    I'm talking about what I mentioned above. You measure in this league by how much you win or don't win. This franchise has been clearly in a steady decline since the Kawhi move, objectively so. See our track record above in the past 3 seasons.

I mean I think you can blame them for the Kawhi trade more than you can for a number of other things you probably want to put on the list.
    I don't think I can because that wasn't necessarily their choice. Their choice was to retain Kawhi, but this league allows players to make that untenable. While I could nitpick about what they got in return, I feel they had to do something they didn't want to do in that particular case. I can't say the same for the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is. Taking Derozan is incompetent.
    It wasn't incompetent. I didn't like it and never have. But it was obvious why they did it. Signing Carroll was incompetent because they didn't do enough homework to realize he was unplayable, and the guy running the show and signing off on bringing him in was the coach who didn't play him. There was no goal that that achieved.

Not playing youth over Beli and Mills and Forbes is incompetent.
    That's a coaching thing, which I agreed with and even brought up before you did.

Not trading Ddr when he might have had value is incompetent. Not moving LMA is incompetent.
    No. The goal wasn't to get future value for those players. It was to use their value as player. That's a choice you disagree with. But it wasn't incompetent. Waiving Carroll when they could've waited to use his contract in a trade is incompetent, since it didn't help them with any goal.

It all is and again results: Spurs are now firmly behind now/future of not only majority of their division but the west as a whole.
    I mean, they would've been behind those teams anyway. That's how "laps" work.

Spurs WOULDNT BE GOING PHILLY by cutting ties with LMA or ddr. It’s why they are not being extended and will walk for nothing.
    They'd be going Philly if they felt they had to liquidate vets and tank. You stated a goal of being bad. That's what makes it going Philly.

And yeah, getting top 4 picks is the best shot at a cornerstone.
    Maybe back in the day it was.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that we can't. It's that we won't.

Can I just fast forward to next draft?

Only thing that can make this Spurs squad watchable next year is if Keldon shows up having added a jump shot to his body.

Ugh. I need a drink.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually quite curious to read how Chin and timvp would spin those tbh. I'm guessing the "classy organization" route but genuinely interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not LMA's fault Pop featured Mills./Forbes/Beli when he had LWIV/White/Murray. Also not LMA's fault it took Pop 40-50 games to start playing Murray/White backcourt and figure out his lineups
    I'm not necessarily putting it on LMA, he's not the one deciding he should play or not, or what role he should have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way DeMar takes a buyout. He's in it for the money. The full 29-30 mill or whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it incompetent to refuse to ever play their best guards at the same time until the bubble?

Because why wouldn't you want Derrick White and Dejounte Murray to be intentionally limited to 24 minutes apiece?

Imagine if the bubble never happened, or if the requirements to be there were tighter and the Spurs weren't invited?

They would have just wasted an entire season without knowing if Murray and White could play together, while simultaneously killing their trade value because of minutes limits

Just absurd
    Yup. All around mistake after mistake which allowed other teams, even without needing to be ultra sharp to put SA at the bottom of the West in terms of mid to long term.

Again, Sa drafts great and has done well there. They could get lucky and that’s great. But until that happens you would like to see signs they are above average. They need to be since Sa is a small market and there’s no cornerstone yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We start the season, we either do well and trade nobody, or suck and make moves. Either one is fine.
    Highly doubt moves are made when they suck. They are running it back the entire way suck or slightly suck it won’t matter. The team will have lots of cash to sign people after the season and they’ll sign 38 has been combo guards or euros

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loads of cap space next year; we’ll be compe ive this year with a sturdy future. Limit dumb emotional moves......... chess not checkers. Dejounte Murray better be on notice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually quite curious to read how Chin and timvp would spin those tbh. I'm guessing the "classy organization" route but genuinely interested.
    Its something they've done in the past that they can look to as an example to build upon tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice draft all BPA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way DeMar takes a buyout. He's in it for the money. The full 29-30 mill or whatever.
    He'll give the Spurs a half mill discount and head to LA tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not necessarily putting it on LMA, he's not the one deciding he should play or not, or what role he should have.
    LMA is a solid 2nd banana, especially as a big man. We have no 1st banana. DeMar is an OK 2nd banana, but a very solid 3rd banana. Like a Caron Butler type. If we had real 1st banana material, we would be an instant contender. But theres only about 5 of those in the league rn. So best we can hope for is for our young bucks to develop and trade for a stud, or develop them and hope they become that stud. We're not going to attract the superstar to move down to SA at 25-27 years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't incompetent. I didn't like it and never have. But it was obvious why they did it. Signing Carroll was incompetent because they didn't do enough homework to realize he was unplayable, and the guy running the show and signing off on bringing him in was the coach who didn't play him. There was no goal that that achieved.

That's a coaching thing, which I agreed with and even brought up before you did.

No. The goal wasn't to get future value for those players. It was to use their value as player. That's a choice you disagree with. But it wasn't incompetent. Waiving Carroll when they could've waited to use his contract in a trade is incompetent, since it didn't help them with any goal.

They'd be going Philly if they felt they had to liquidate vets and tank. You stated a goal of being bad. That's what makes it going Philly.

What? Zion? Luka? Booker? Morant? What are you talking about. Draft if clearly the way to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs never make any major trades mid-season tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the picks are ok, since this is a weak draft. What's not ok is that the Spurs don't pick a direction. You want to run it back? Ok, but at least try to improve the in team. Covington was up for grabs and would've filled a need. Richardson was available and Philly even gave a high 2nd rounder away with him. You want to run it back at least trade Mills and Gay. Do something dammit. This front office is too concerned about players feelings and liking their personality than basketball. That's been the issue for years and it's also the reason why Bryn Forbes started 150 games in a row

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And getting future value should have been the goal. It’s clear now and was clear then. And yes it’s incompetent to take a terrible trade that hamstrings you and vaults you to the lower portion of the west.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs buyouts are like golden parachutes

Spurs barely get any savings at all

DDR is due to earn $ 27,739,975

He probably settles for 26.5 and gets it back from his new team after the trade deadline

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what do we think about Tre Jones?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's probably not a bad player. Just not a needle mover from the profile. But PATFO maybe sees developing him into what they saw Murray should have become. A defensive pest who could actually play PG.

I see him turning into a Trey Lyles/ Jacque Vaughn type of PG. Steady but unspectacular. But what else can you expect reasonably from a 2nd round PG.

I just would have liked the 7 footer with 7'6" wingspan dude from Kentucky picked right after him (even if he is 22. I mean White wad picked on his like 38th birthday IIRC).

I'm looking at it from the perspective of the reason why Derrick and Dejounte didn't play together more this season is because Pop needs somebody to run the second unit and Patty is not that, he is an undersized chucking 2 guard. Drafting Tre, who is a legit point guard who could run a second unit, would allow white and murray to finally play together. But, Patty is Pops pet, so he is going to be giving plenty of chances to show just how much worse he might be than Tre, while effectively keeping our two primary guards from playing together, before Pop is forced to play Tre.

I agree they seem to have given up on Quindary but I think Pop is going to be quick to give up on any guard that threatens Pops pet.

From those games it seemed PATFO completely gave up on Queen Dairy

Thread Information