Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people ting on Mills for leaving Dort , a 31% 3 pt shooter, open but to be fair , what was Poeltl doing on that final play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ty steal attempt by patty and lol poodle with the box out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patty should not have turned the ball over ... win or OT it was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. A sad way to end the game. Seems like Horford had a straight shot to the basket after Poeltl's attempt to steal left Patty between a rock and a hard place. The previous turnover was the beginning of the end though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed the game so these grades were really important for me. Thank you!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucked they lost, but all things considered it wasn’t too bad. It took an explosion from SGA, a 3s, and the culture’s attempt at being a hero to beat a short handed Spurs team. The DJ will only learn from this.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liked the look of Trey Jones and Diop. Luca just not so much but there were glimpses of plays that you gotta like. Agree with your grades

Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really would have liked to see DJ goto work on our final offensive play. He is the heart and soul of this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty was not the worst option at the end but that double dribble was inexcusable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most NBA teams get annihilated when they’re down five rotation guys who essentially man all of their wing minutes. The loss stings as playoff race will be tight, but can’t hate the effort considering the awkward rotations they had to roll with.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. You read my mind on Samanic and Bates-Diop. Samanic showed some really sloppy ball handling, but I never saw that in the bubble games. Overall, he played solid on defense and would have liked to see him be more aggressive on offense.
    I think from a chemistry stand point, it would have been better if Samanic was playing when Tre Jones was playing. They had some chemistry from the bubble.
    Bates Diop, really looked solid and pretty confident. Really dissapointed that Lonnie did not have another breakout game. So pissed, by the last 20 seconds of Pattie Mills, I can deal with leaving a guy open for a 3, (spurs have sucked at defending the 3- all year) but the double dribble---geez! Spurs couldn't even get a shot off, and he spends a lot of time over dribbling instead of moving the ball around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar will probably be back next game:

Murray/ Tre
    Lonnie/ Mills
    DeMar/ KBD
    Luka/ Lyles
    Poeltl/ Aldridge/ Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh oh... DJ liked this tweet:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl getting only 7 shots in a game like this doesn't make sense. We can't even get him 2 shots per quarter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean it was the most obvious play, too obvious for Pop. He rather go outside the box and have the Wombat double dribble. I can't say I fault him much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl getting only 7 shots in a game like this doesn't make sense. We can't even get him 2 shots per quarter?
    Missing out two best pick and roll players... Derozan and White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. It was a freak loss, and shouldn’t reflect the effort, especially of our young guys. I think they responded with gusto. Tre is not going back to the GLeague. He is getting Mill’s backup PG role. He has the IQ and composure of a lottery pick. And once his shots get falling, he will be a solid PG for Spurs for a very long time.

KBD earned his minutes. The guy is long and athletic. He was playing hard and was rewarded. And he made an open 3 which is a bonus.

Luka likewise. He showed he will be good for us. He is still a working progress, but Spurs know they got a mobile big in him.

Aldridge played great. He was behind a couple of plays on the defense, but I like that he was pounding the post and punishing his young defender.

Murray is a star. He is taking it on his shoulder and showing it.

Pop made a great plan and almost worked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar will probably be back next game:

Murray/ Tre
    Lonnie/ Mills
    DeMar/ KBD
    Luka/ Lyles
    Poeltl/ Aldridge/ Eubanks
    That looks solid to me. I’d put Mills in starter instead of Lonnie because he will shoot instead of pass. Plus Tre and Mills together could be disastrous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overall, I was pleased with the team's performance. The last-minute meltdown sucked, but it's hard to complain when you lose on a buzzer-beater in a game you had no business winning in the first place. Spurs were also missing chip shots in the beginning while the Thunder were raining down threes, so that sure didn't help the cause.

COVID may seriously screw this season if our main lineup is expected to miss extended time (which seems to be the case)...but at least the young guys are getting valuable experience and getting a chance to show us why they were selected in the first place.

Samanic seems to have the tools, but doesn't know what to do if he isn't being spoon-fed opportunities like he is in the GLeague. Tre Jones wasn't spectacular but kept the team steady. KBD showed some good and bad on both sides of the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good effort overall considering the cir stances...

I understand rewarding Patty but with so much time on the clock it's really hard not to give the ball to your leading scorer to at least initiate the offense with the kick out in mind. Patty bailed us out but in an iso situation like that give it to your closer and trust him to make the right play.

Luka did what he had to do tonight which was be solid and not play yourself out of the rotation. Still a bit gun shy which will go away with time, the hand off to Jakob leading to a turnover was typical rookie type jitters playing hot potato. Most liked his ability to challenge drives to the rim- actually at times looked like our most competent on ball defender and I'm excited to see him build on that. Liked the instincts getting the ball on the fastbreak and calling his own number, getting to his spot and hitting a contested baby hook.

Lonnie I feel with time will figure out how to score with more consistency, especially if the roster does open up for him say next year. However defensive efforts like last night are becoming too consistent for him. He shows flashes of ability to stay in front, but for the most part he has 0 ability to limit penetration on the perimeter. I can forgive offensive growing pains, but his defensive effort this year has been terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

YEAH R. DeMurre Shut up, nerd!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can’t blame him honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My greatest takeaway was what I stated before the game, which was the idea that Samanic would get demolished on defense as a small forward. He more than held his own. In fact, the only thing stopping him is himself. If it's other players constantly beating you, stopping you, destroying you, then you're not an NBA player. Luka looks like he belongs.

Sorry TimDunkem , your dream of having one of the players from your favorite team fail miserably doesn't look like it's going to happen. Probably best to look for another player from your favorite team and hope that they will fail. It's a wholesome dream and I support it.

Thread Information