Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1677
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a cap person, but it feels like given their respective ages that the path forward would have to be DDR in S&T and Lowry for MLE.
    I cam see hpw that could work...it's hard for me to see Lowry accepting that though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually confused about what LAL picks NOLA owns. I see the reporting from the Davis trade that they got LAL's 2021 first rounder unless it falls within Top-8, and if it somehow did then it becomes a 2022 first that's unprotected. So is NOLA actually getting the LAL #22 in this draft?
    Don't remember tbh, but I think NO have a pick swap this season, which they obviously won't execute, and then they own '22 and '24 or '25 ( NO can defer '24 to '25 ), as well as another pick swap in '23. Something like that anyway. Means Lakers can't trade first round picks until 2027.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't remember tbh, but I think NO have a pick swap this season, which they obviously won't execute, and then they own '22 and '24 or '25 ( NO can defer '24 to '25 ), as well as another pick swap in '23. Something like that anyway. Means Lakers can't trade first round picks until 2027.
    OK, here is what Woj had:

PLAYERS
    Lonzo Ball
    Brandon Ingram
    Josh Hart

PICKS
    - #4 in 2019 (which they traded to ATL for 2 later picks in same draft)
    - Top-8 protected pick in 2021 (becomes unprotected in 2022 if w/in top 8)
    - unprotected first in 2024

SWAPS Rights

So all this to say, it looks like even if we wanted #22 in this draft it's not in play because its owed to NOLA. But, Lakers still have their 2022 pick, and their 2025 pick even if its en bered (i.e., we just have to be OK with NOLA being able to swap if the Lakers have a worse record).

P.S. those swaps look impressive, but in reality they look meaningless. LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So all this to say, it looks like even if we wanted #22 in this draft it's not in play because its owed to NOLA. But, Lakers still have their 2022 pick, and their 2025 pick even if its en bered (i.e., we just have to be OK with NOLA being able to swap if the Lakers have a worse record).

No - just checked it - this year's pick is not top 8 protected, but 8-30, which is why Lakers get it and NO get their '22 first unprotected.

And you're right about pick swaps in general, but Boston got Brown due to a pick swap with Brooklyn, so you never know. Championship windows get closed quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PICKS
    - #4 in 2019 (which they traded to ATL for 2 later picks in same draft)
    - Top-8 protected pick in 2021 (becomes unprotected in 2022 if w/in top 8)
    - unprotected first in 2024

SWAPS Rights

I dunno-- in 2025, Lebron will be 41 & AD 32. Even if LeBron is still around, he's way past his prime by then, and with AD's injury history who knows where he's at. L.A.'s 2025 pick could be a really good one to swap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No - just checked it - this year's pick is not top 8 protected, but 8-30, which is why Lakers get it and NO get their '22 first unprotected.

And you're right about pick swaps in general, but Boston got Brown due to a pick swap with Brooklyn, so you never know. Championship windows get closed quickly.
    I see, that makes sense re 2021 pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte is such a drama… Could be some cat fishing he’s complaining about? Someone sleepin around with other girlfriends? Tony Parker redux?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The day he does this diva AND unfollows the Spurs is when it’s actually happening. Probably more loyalty bull with friends or something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s going to be funny when the spurs sign Demar to a new deal at the start of free agency lmao

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s going to be funny when the spurs sign Demar to a new deal at the start of free agency lmao
    You say funny, but internally a single dramatic tear will be shed. THEN COMES THE RAGE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Mills, one of my favorite Spurs role players of all time but I hope this happens. Wouldn’t mind seeing Mills be a menace to the east for half a season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That NBASupes guy on the hawks website mentioned that the spurs are showing interest in John Collins for what’s it’s worth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets forward JaMychal Green is declining the player option on his contract and entering unrestricted free agency this summer, per Shams Charania of The Athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto, for example, could offer a package centered on the No. 4 selection and Pascal Siakam, who's considered available for trade by sources around the league. The Raptors have been categorized as one of the most active teams in predraft trade chatter, exploring all avenues from swapping their pick in a deal for an All-Star such as Beal or Damian Lillard to trading back and recouping more draft capital to embrace a post-Kyle Lowry rebuild.
    Golden State's best offer for Beal would include the Nos. 7 and 14 picks in this draft. New Orleans, owning the 10th selection, has long been linked as an interested Beal suitor as well.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...fore-nba-draft

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That NBASupes guy on the hawks website mentioned that the spurs are showing interest in John Collins for what’s it’s worth
    Wasn't he the supposed insider who spent all season saying the Spurs weren't interested? Gotta hedge to keep that insider status, now there's no way he can be wrong

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF he does....that'll be the spark that sets the league on fire heading into the draft....they'll be alot of moves from alot of teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden State is on crack if they think they getting Beal with the Just the 7th and 14th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people think Golden State would be interested in Beal. I don't think a three guard line up of Curry/Beal/Klay makes much sense. If anything, they need an Iguodala replacement or a Big... I can't see them adding an expensive 6'3" guy who's not much of a defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden State is on crack if they think they getting Beal with the Just the 7th and 14th pick.
    They’d have to send Wiggins, too, to balance salary. Another reason it won work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people think Golden State would be interested in Beal. I don't think a three guard line up of Curry/Beal/Klay makes much sense. If anything, they need an Iguodala replacement or a Big... I can't see them adding an expensive 6'3" guy who's not much of a defender.
    They will be because he's probably the best pure talent among (eventually) attainable (for them) players.

Yeah, the defensive fit isn't ideal, but it's almost impossible to check every box.

Thread Information